The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.13 The Bakersfield Expedition (Jan. 10)

Your Episode Rating  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Love it!  THanks for sharing!

I love the way Sheldon just can't be at all subtle.  Reminds me of his attempts to do Halloween pranks, when he kept bugging Leonard about checking the mail.

I love his delight at the whole thing--and the guys' reactions.

Okay, now how can I get Jim Parsons on my GPS?!?!?!  :D

Edited by phantagrae

Thanks for posting. That's so funny! Hark at him being all proud and happy about hacking the GPS. :icon_lol:

Did you see the promo Kaley brought to the Ellen show? It is a small scene and it is interesting what was said in it.

• Like 1

Did you see the promo Kaley brought to the Ellen show? It is a small scene and it is interesting what was said in it.

You mean the casual ILY?

Yeah, it was so casually said and received by Penny, with no drama, which was a nice change.

I also liked 'there are some things a man doesn't share with his girlfriend', indicating his Comic Con make-up. :)

Yeah, it was so casually said and received by Penny, with no drama, which was a nice change.

Yeah, they've come a long way from the first ILY freak out, haven't they? I don't even ship L/P but I like the casual approach the writers are taking now.

yes --it was great

The next new episode will be 6.14 on 1/31, which happens to be the start of the February sweeps. My guess is that they will air new episodes through the end of sweeps (Wed 2/27, so the last sweeps episode would be 6.17 on 2/21). That would leave 7 episodes for the rest of the season (approximately 2 per month). I'd assume that they will save at least 3 for the May sweeps/end of season. In other words, March and April will be tough for us. :(

march they have off four --2 weeks

the ncca basketball is played (maybe 14,21)

Here is a Sneak Peak for you :  (Its a pretty funny one  IMO)

OMG! Kyzzx and I talked about this exactly idea. That Sheldon could be a voice for GPS and he would announce interesting facts on route. I can't believe it! Kyzzx where are you? :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

are you bill prady?

I wrote about the Sheldon GPS over last summer but the search doesn't go back that far. Darn it! Prady doesn't visit forums, so I know it's just a coincidence but I'm dead chuffed. :icon_cheesygrin: Arrggh! and he's doing the facts and everything... happy.

Edited by Moonbase

I wrote about the Sheldon GPS over last summer but the search doesn't go back that far. Darn it! Prady doesn't visit forums, so I know it's just a coincidence but I'm dead chuffed. :icon_cheesygrin: Arrggh! and he's doing the facts and everything... happy.

It seems like I remember hearing years ago, back when GPS devices were first becoming popular, that you could download various celebrity voices on some devices--like I think Morgan Freeman was one of them?

Anyway, it would be such a hoot if it really were possible to get a Jim Parsons (or Sheldon, even!) voice on GPS.  I would so pay real money for that! :D

It seems like I remember hearing years ago, back when GPS devices were first becoming popular, that you could download various celebrity voices on some devices--like I think Morgan Freeman was one of them?

Anyway, it would be such a hoot if it really were possible to get a Jim Parsons (or Sheldon, even!) voice on GPS.  I would so pay real money for that! :D

I didn't know it was possible. I think Pomita said the same thing, she wants one.

I didn't know it was possible. I think Pomita said the same thing, she wants one.

Who wouldn't? :p

• Like 1

the uk will take a break before they show the US episodes  they cant catch up

Right! happened in Christmas. They took a brake following USA. In which channel do you watch it in UK? Here we are in the 8 too and I watch it in Warner Channel.

Edited by Lissie

The promo makes it look like a fun episode.

I hope TBBT theory never does a musical. I'm so sick and tired of the idea that every show has to devote one of their episodes as a musical. It's a trend that needs to go away.

Does a musical episode means they will sing all time and not to talk? I never saw this...only in Films.

Does a musical episode means they will sing all time and not to talk? I never saw this...only in Films.

I don't know how many shows have done this, but I remember reading about when they did it on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.  I think there was some weird spell cast over the town which forced everyone to sing everything, so I think that in that one all dialog was sung.  (I never saw it.)

But I think that any show can do whatever suits it--I think it's usually more like a movie, where some dialog is spoken but then people break into song at some point.

I don't think I would mind if that happened on TBBT, but it's not something I feel strongly about.  I think the cast could pull it off, but I don't know how they'd feel about it. :p

I don't know how many shows have done this, but I remember reading about when they did it on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.  I think there was some weird spell cast over the town which forced everyone to sing everything, so I think that in that one all dialog was sung.  (I never saw it.)

But I think that any show can do whatever suits it--I think it's usually more like a movie, where some dialog is spoken but then people break into song at some point.

I don't think I would mind if that happened on TBBT, but it's not something I feel strongly about.  I think the cast could pull it off, but I don't know how they'd feel about it. :p

I saw the Buffy musical episode and thought it was really well done.  They did a combination of talk/sing throughout. 

I kind of like the Karoake idea that was mentioned but I'm not sure how well it would flow with the show.  I wouldn't want it to appear too cheesy..