Will Alex Be Back?

SRAM

I see many possibilities for Alex.

She disappears from the show my least favorite.

Alex is used to strengthen Penny and Leonard by Leonard giving a firm no.

Alex is used to break up Penny and Leonard.

Alex ends up in bed with someone but who we do not find out till next season.

In that case most likely answer Raj but Leonard and even Sheldon is possible.

I do think from Alex’s point of view the outcome with Leonard was if anything encouraging.

It could go either way. While I agree the storyline didn't feel like it had complete closure as far as Alex goes you have to keep in mind that the writers of this particular show do have a history with dropping story lines without giving full closure. Dr. Stephanie is a prime example of this happening. She appeared for a few episodes and was promptly never mentioned again. These are also the same writers who didn't bother giving Leonard and Priya onscreen break up, it only got a brief mention in the following episode with Leonard's throw away line of "being single and not needing this crap" when he left Sheldon to take care of Amy's emotional needs.

If she does come back I think it will probably be done to bring whatever closure there needs to done with L/P/A triangle. With an onscreen scene of Leonard telling her he's flattered but that he loves Penny. I think that will be last appearance of the character because I really don't think the writers intend to pair her with Raj. Raj's problems go deeper than just his selective mutism.

• Like 1

No need to be sorry man, shit happens... life goes on.  Again it comes down to your perception of cheating though.  A one on one dinner date may not be exactly cheating but its usually certainly frowned upon by your significant other.  I just feel like thats a universal no-no when it comes to relationships, IDK.  Plus it certainly seemed like Alex had higher intentinos than just one dinner.

Her intentions were definitely more than just dinner but that brings me back to saying that if he said yes she could have asked him to break it off with Penny before the date so the relationship got started on the right foot.

Her character is mostly undefined.  We have no idea what kind of person she is supposed to be.  They either left her vague because they want to leave the door open in the future or because they didn't care.  She could have just tried to kiss him which would be promoting cheating.

• Like 1

If she stays then they should hook her up with Raj. They're two of a kind. Both would intentionally break up a relationship in order to date someone. Its also hard for me to see Alex continuing to work for Sheldon. He is not going to change the things he says as he is unaware that he is doing anything wrong. Is she going to continually make complaints to HR? Either he changes or she doesn't complain. How else can she continue to work for him?

If she stays then they should hook her up with Raj. They're two of a kind. Both would intentionally break up a relationship in order to date someone. Its also hard for me to see Alex continuing to work for Sheldon. He is not going to change the things he says as he is unaware that he is doing anything wrong. Is she going to continually make complaints to HR? Either he changes or she doesn't complain. How else can she continue to work for hi

You know, there are a lot of people that say this but honestly, I just don't see it working out very well.  I mean there would be no logical way to bring her into the group friends (the girls at least) and have it be civil after what has happened with L/P/A.  At least from the girls perspectives... I mean Amy was threatening sicking drugged up monkeys on her.

Also we have seen little to no interaction between her and raj so we don't even really know where they stand with each other.  I don't even think he's been around her drunk so he hasn't been able to speak at all

As far as her working for Sheldon, this technically was her first complaint and the first and likely only time he will be talking about her sexual desires... unless of course she decides to pursue Leonard still.  

You know, there are a lot of people that say this but honestly, I just don't see it working out very well.  I mean there would be no logical way to bring her into the group friends (the girls at least) and have it be civil after what has happened with L/P/A.  At least from the girls perspectives... I mean Amy was threatening sicking drugged up monkeys on her.

You say that but Raj is more guilty than Alex and they glossed over him.

I think if they were considering going the Ralex route they would have made her more likeable.  Also, the show needs another significant character like it needs a hole in the head.  Whenever they get around to fixing Raj he needs to be in only temporary relationships until the end of the show.   Bringing in temporary and odd characters that had a profound impact on how Raj behaves would give them new jokes.

ya but Raj was already a core member of the group and while he may have made a large error in judgement his apology is easier to accept than Alex's would be since she is an unknown in the group.  Also the fact that there was clearly never a chance of a real Penny/Raj relationship was a factor where as Alex can pose a serious threat to the current L/P if she is brought into the group.

IDK again it's all about the way each person looks at things.

I do like your idea for Raj and his future love interests thought.  Would be nice to see them finally fix Raj's mutism.

ya but Raj was already a core member of the group and while he may have made a large error in judgement his apology is easier to accept than Alex's would be since she is an unknown in the group.  Also the fact that there was clearly never a chance of a real Penny/Raj relationship was a factor where as Alex can pose a serious threat to the current L/P if she is brought into the group.

IDK again it's all about the way each person looks at things.

I do like your idea for Raj and his future love interests thought.  Would be nice to see them finally fix Raj's mutism.

I was talking about Bernadette not Penny. However, they could make it work if they wanted.  I hope they don't.   Howard is too normal now.  If they went the same route with Raj it would drag the show down.

I think if they were considering going the Ralex route they would have made her more likeable.  Also, the show needs another significant character like it needs a hole in the head.  Whenever they get around to fixing Raj he needs to be in only temporary relationships until the end of the show.   Bringing in temporary and odd characters that had a profound impact on how Raj behaves would give them new jokes.

I really like the Alex character, but like you said I don't want her to be permanent either.  It would be nice though if she had a temporary fling with Raj.  He could end up with her for Valentines day, that way Penny couldn't be too mean to her because Raj would have somebody for Valentines day.  They could have her in a couple of episodes in the rest of the season then she could graduate and take a job on the east coast.  The next season Raj could mention he and her still email, so if the writers want they could bring her back for another episode with Raj, but otherwise Raj is free again.  They could use her to make Raj talk too.

Totally agree. I don't want a partner for Raj. We have enough characters competing for the 22 mins each episode as it is. He's been funnier this season being on his own.

True but define inappropriate... he had a crush on his friends gf, things never really went further than that.  Sure he talked to her about a time they hung out together without Howard but his feelings never went further than that and again because Raj is so integrated into this group is why everyone was able to overlook it.  They understand Raj is a desperate lonely man and is likely going to fall for the only few women he gets to hang around.

Also, exactly because they aren't friends is precisely the reason they wouldn't be able to incorporate Alex into the group for Raj.  This was at least the point i was trying to make.  Since they aren't friends there is likely going to be no forgiveness from Penny as far as the whole Leonard thing is concerned and she certainly won't forget it.  Due to this I don't think that bringing her back in any kind of positive light within the group is even possible. 

True but define inappropriate... he had a crush on his friends gf, things never really went further than that.  Sure he talked to her about a time they hung out together without Howard but his feelings never went further than that and again because Raj is so integrated into this group is why everyone was able to overlook it.  They understand Raj is a desperate lonely man and is likely going to fall for the only few women he gets to hang around.

Also, exactly because they aren't friends is precisely the reason they wouldn't be able to incorporate Alex into the group for Raj.  This was at least the point i was trying to make.  Since they aren't friends there is likely going to be no forgiveness from Penny as far as the whole Leonard thing is concerned and she certainly won't forget it.  Due to this I don't think that bringing her back in any kind of positive light within the group is even possible. 

It is funny how you can give one character a pass while suggesting another one has performed an unforgiveable act.  Fantasizing and writing poetry about your best friend's girl is no small betrayal especially considering how long and hard Howard had to fail before she came along.  Raj put his friend through turmoil over it.  If my best friend had done that to me he probably wouldn't be my best friend anymore and I would never be completely comfortable with them spending time together after that.

In the real world the group would have more likely rallied around Howard and ostracized Raj.

It is a sitcom.  If they want to make Alex part of the group they will just do it and we will have to figure out how to justify it or just get over it.

Its funny how u like to make assumptions...

I'm not giving anyone a pass I'm simply stating why the group didn't kick him out or whatever... I'm not saying raj isn't at fault, he's a douche, that much has been clear since very early on, honestly it was kind of expectes

Also there is a big difference between fantasizing to one self and actively hitting on/asking out a someone in a committee relationship... in my opinion

I think that the guys all get on each others' nerves, do bad things to each other AND forgive each other, all the time.  That's partly the nature of the sitcom set-up as well--they can't have any of the main characters becoming ostracized from the group on a serious basis.  Someone will do something that someone else gets mad about, there will be yelling, maybe retaliation, then ultimately forgiveness so that the show can return to "homeostasis" and maintain the premise.

This is the same reason why there was no permanent damage in their relationships after the Electric Can Opener episode, or in the Kite episode, when Raj is mad at Howard because he's always ditching him, and in this case, with this business of Raj fantasizing about Bernadette.  Raj did suffer some consequences--Howard got mad, Bernadette chewed him out, Leonard yelled at him, etc.

In his interactions with Bernadette, he only dropped a couple of hints, but he never blatantly hit on her or tried to ask her out.

WHile Alex was kind of trying to be a little subtle, she was being pretty forward in suggesting that they discuss the lecture over dinner--clearly not a neutral situation.  Her first suggestion was more neutral--discussing it at work, but her alternative of having a discussion over dinner was clearly hitting on him, knowing full well that he had a girlfriend.

Its funny how u like to make assumptions...

I'm not giving anyone a pass I'm simply stating why the group didn't kick him out or whatever... I'm not saying raj isn't at fault, he's a douche, that much has been clear since very early on, honestly it was kind of expectes

Also there is a big difference between fantasizing to one self and actively hitting on/asking out a someone in a committee relationship... in my opinion

Sorry.  You are explaining why they give him a pass.  They could just as easily give Alex a pass.

There is a big difference.  Alex caused some she barely knew turmoil and Raj caused his best friend turmoil. 

Besides the whole point in the boyfriend/girlfriend living apart stage is that you are not ready to make it more permanent. You may have taken up the welcome mat but you are leaving the door open.  How would an outsider know if they have a shot unless they make a move?

The thing is it wouldn't be in character or likely for them to give someone they don't know a pass the way they did with raj who they are all very good friends with. Its far easier to forgive a friend than it is a stranger because a lot of time (and I think this would be present in this situation) you don't want to forgive the stranger.

I don't think they could give Alex a pass and have it be believable honestly... sure they could but it would be a crappy "I'm sorry let's be bff's!!!"

As for your last point... in my view if a person is in a relationship then you don't have a shot at all. And trying to take one is either trying to make someone cheat or trying to break up someones relationship... either way grade A bitch in my book

Forgiving betrayal is not entirely believable either but we will just leave it at if they want her in she will be in because it is a sitcom not real life.

I am not getting the bitch factor.  As a scientist Alex would reason that her proposal would have 2 possible outcomes. The first is that theL/P bond is solid so no lasting harm would be done.  The second is that their bond is extremely weak and their break-up would be the probable outcome with or without her proposal.  After all their relationship can't count for much if he accepts the offer so easily.  She could even reason that she is doing them a favor by performing the test.

Whether or not its true betrayal is still debate able and comes down to opinion

Again its all a matter of perspective... I admit I have a somewhat harsher view on relationships and there boundaries than most. Time doesn't heal all scars unfortunately :/ and this may lead to my sometimes more extreme views but to go actively after someone who is committed to someone else is just a no-no to me. Regardless of reasoning or where the ship is it doesn't matter. Wait till its over or move on... again only my opinion