Will Alex Be Back?

SRAM

It is interesting how shocked Alex was when Sheldon accused her of sexual advances with Leonard. It sort of allows the writers to make it that she was just being friendly and really didn't mean anything by her dinner remark.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I might be soft on the subject because an extremely attractive, smart, and classy co-worker asked me out while I was dating my wife (btw, the co-worker did not know).  I would have gone out with her in a heartbeat if I had been single.  She had similiar qualities that I love about my wife. I wasn't even tempted.  It helped me realize that I was indeed with the ONE.  22 years later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You might want to go back and watch the episodes. Her actions forced Penny to realize that there are women who may find Leonard attractive. This leads to Penny realizing she can't just ignore Leonard, because he has other options. And it was through her invitation to dinner that there is now more balance in the Penny-Leonard relationship, because Leonard knows that Penny can be insecure about the relationship. This has put their relationship into a far better position than it had been. This due to Alex's actions. I can understand how you might see Alex as a threat to the L/P coupling, but to hate her, when she has helped(probably unintentionally, but still)the relationship is a bit much.

You might want to go back and watch the episodes. Her actions forced Penny to realize that there are women who may find Leonard attractive. This leads to Penny realizing she can't just ignore Leonard, because he has other options. And it was through her invitation to dinner that there is now more balance in the Penny-Leonard relationship, because Leonard knows that Penny can be insecure about the relationship. This has put their relationship into a far better position than it had been. This due to Alex's actions. I can understand how you might see Alex as a threat to the L/P coupling, but to hate her, when she has helped(probably unintentionally, but still)the relationship is a bit much.

Also, a good long lasting relationship has to be able to withstand outside threats.  It might be a twisted way of looking it but she actually did Penny a favor.

Yep, Leonard is going to cheat on Penny and Penny in return will sleep with Sheldon. :icon_rolleyes:

Hahaha! Girlll stop! :icon_lol: But that was funny.

I do like the Alex character but it's hard now to tell where she fits in...she's not interested in Sheldon, can't have Leonard, Raj wont' speak to her...OR maybe she will find something on Sheldon's after dark tapes...

Edited by ShamyFTW

Also, a good long lasting relationship has to be able to withstand outside threats.  It might be a twisted way of looking it but she actually did Penny a favor.

Hehehehehe, nah, it's not twisted. It's what I was trying to say, but you said it far more succinctly.

I find it interesting that last season when Alice wrote her number on his hand, he simply read that as an exchange of info and nothing more. But when Alex simply offers to discuss a lecture (over dinner, but a discussion nonetheless) he immeadiately recognizes it as a flirt. Not sure if it just speaks to how strong his feelings are for Penny or something else. Just an observation. I do hope the keep Alex around since she plays so well off of Sheldon, but I don't know what's more likely, she and Penny have a confrontation and hair gets pulled, or Sheldon does something to make her just snap and leave.

I find it interesting that last season when Alice wrote her number on his hand, he simply read that as an exchange of info and nothing more. But when Alex simply offers to discuss a lecture (over dinner, but a discussion nonetheless) he immeadiately recognizes it as a flirt. Not sure if it just speaks to how strong his feelings are for Penny or something else. Just an observation. I do hope the keep Alex around since she plays so well off of Sheldon, but I don't know what's more likely, she and Penny have a confrontation and hair gets pulled, or Sheldon does something to make her just snap and leave.

It's speaks to how strong his feeling are for Penny.   Remember Leonard's reaction to Penny's "I love you."  It didn't matter to him that it slipped out accidentally.  His "She loves me" with a catch in his voice said it all.  Also, remember, in season four, when Priya asked him to stay away from Penny and tell Penny to stay away from him?  He tried to tell Penny, but he couldn't bring himself to make it clear to her.  When Penny realized what was going on, and said goodbye to him, he said, "Penny, wait." and started to chase after her.     He simply couldn't see his life without Penny in it, even if he had another girlfriend.  

Im going to be really suprised if they put Penny and Alex in the same room. There might be passing snide comments - or it might be away to prick Penny again - but it would be hard to see a funny face-off.

Alex had been warned once by Penny  - right up in her face  - and Leonard saw that happen. Alex hit on him again in the cafeteria and he could not recognise that she was trying again, his head was full of Penny at the time so it didn't register. The third time  - the nonetheless a discussion issue -  he flatly stated that he had a prior arrangement with Penny expecting that that would deter Alex and still she ploughed on. Suddenly Leonard connected all the dots and the penny dropped, so to speak, and then so did the Jenga. IMO

I think they can validly leave her in as a Sheldon foil or vaporise her and move on. Sheldon engaged her as an assistant for a specific project - his datamining/biogaphical research exercise - and yet she is still there and that project is invisible. If she stays he'd better get another grant to pay for her.

Edited by Llatasativargon

I think there is a possibility of seeing Penny and Alex in the same room again. I believe the Raj/Lucy relationship will eventually not work out. If the cause of that is Lucy Raj will be devastated. It might be the spur he needs to correct his mutism. Raj had a big crush on Alex and if somehow he is able to talk to her they could become a couple. I believe Leonard mentioned something about Alex being an astrophyicist and that's the same field as Raj. It would be hard for the rest of the group to complain about Alex in this scenerio. Not only that with the Raj/Penny hook up,the Alex crush on Leonard, and Sheldon being Alex's boss it could be interesting

I think there is a possibility of seeing Penny and Alex in the same room again. I believe the Raj/Lucy relationship will eventually not work out. If the cause of that is Lucy Raj will be devastated. It might be the spur he needs to correct his mutism. Raj had a big crush on Alex and if somehow he is able to talk to her they could become a couple. I believe Leonard mentioned something about Alex being an astrophyicist and that's the same field as Raj. It would be hard for the rest of the group to complain about Alex in this scenerio. Not only that with the Raj/Penny hook up,the Alex crush on Leonard, and Sheldon being Alex's boss it could be interesting

It's possible but there would be a lot of setup required to reverse out the history. I think Raj will be unlucky in love to the end.. How many awkward relationships can I track or care about? And if they lock him into one, they shut down all those story possibilities about meeting women. That's one of the reasons IMO that we had the Raj/Penny horror story. It gave them more material. Lucy, I think gives them more material than Alex too.

• 2 weeks later...

It's possible but there would be a lot of setup required to reverse out the history. I think Raj will be unlucky in love to the end.. How many awkward relationships can I track or care about? And if they lock him into one, they shut down all those story possibilities about meeting women. That's one of the reasons IMO that we had the Raj/Penny horror story. It gave them more material. Lucy, I think gives them more material than Alex too.

I think if they don't change the dynamic for Raj I would not care to ever see him in another scene where he tries to pick up women.  Those jokes are played out and it really would not work without Howard.

If they fix his selective mutism and drop his doosh act it might get interesting if he dates a string of different women.

The way they have written her so far there is nothing Alex would bring to their scenes if they paired her with Raj.  She is the least interesting character on the show which also means she is a blank slate so they could take her in any direction.

I think the only reason why she was back in Tangible was to allow Sheldon to get away with things that Penny, who would have normally been in that role, would have stopped.

Edited by Ar Diem

• 4 months later...

I like Margo and while I love McAbby, I am hoping that she is there to stir things up a bit, but will eventually not be paired with McGee in the long-run if they keep her there.   I think as Abby said, "McAbby will rise again" toward the end of last season.  LOL!    I suspect she won't be there long-term, but probably is related to all of the Ziva exit story and the finale last season.  With a name like Delilah, you wonder if they will make her a betrayer or evil or something.  LOL!

I would not mind Alex returning now and again (but more as Sheldon's assistant and to show his quirks not to stir up anything with Leonard and Penny).   But if they have her "go out to the mailbox and never return again" like I have heard some soaps do....well that is okay probably as well.   LOL!

I would not mind Alex returning now and again (but more as Sheldon's assistant and to show his quirks not to stir up anything with Leonard and Penny).   But if they have her "go out to the mailbox and never return again" like I have heard some soaps do....well that is okay probably as well.   LOL!

I think Alex is great as Sheldon's assistant.  She has this serious, scared look to her all the time and she is always looking at him in disbelief, it makes me laugh.  She was great helping him get gifts for Valentines day and Penny hates her which is great.  I think Alex was used to flirt with Leonard, to give Penny a reality check, that Leonard was not some one that would be always there, so if she keeps making guest appearences, she could be used to help remind Penny that Leonard has options, so Penny really needs to take the marriage thing seriously or one day he might not be there.  Plus I stll want them all to play paintball and Penny to frag Alex.