The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anomaly

The Continuity Errors Thread

In 5x18 "The Werewolf Transformation" when Sheldon is sleeping on Amy's couch, he's sleeping with his head closest to the door. In an earlier episode, he explained to Penny that positioning one's head closest to the door while sleeping is "wrong."

In that episode he abandoned all of his habitual behavior in favor of chaos, which is probably why he slept on the opposite position.

Rewatched that episode and paused on Sheldon taking the drink out of the fridge. It is Henry Weinhard's Orange Crush! (I always want to double-check. ^_^ Yep, I'm weird that way.)

In the episode where Howard is doing the card trick and driving Sheldon mad trying to work it out, the trick he does at the end where Raj signals what card Sheldon has drawn is completely different to the first trick he does with Raj for Sheldon's benefit.

Surely Sheldon would have spotted this with his eidetic memory?

Edited by The Lash
  • Like 1

Don't you know how BAD diet soda is for you? It's not even good for weight control.

Did I say anything about the health benefits or lack thereof of anything in that post? :p

Did I say anything about the health benefits or lack thereof of anything in that post? :p

No... That's why I did.  :icon_mrgreen:

I was just thinking of another possible inconsistency...

In the episode where Sheldon & Barry were fighting over the office, they decided to settle it with a sports contest (basketball to be specific), because they were both equally bad at sports. But if you think back to the episode where Sheldon was trying to become Barry's friend, they decided to go rock climbing (on Barry's suggestion). Maybe that's not an actual sport (maybe it is), but it is definitely athletic, and Barry seemed quite into it, like he did it all the time. Listening to Sheldon's end of the phone conversation, it would seem that Barry had also suggested other (at least semi) athletic activities... At one point Sheldon had replied with something like What, on actual horses?. He also stated that he didn't want to go in the water. While we can't be sure as to what Barry had said, Sheldon's two responses both seem to hint that Barry had suggested activities that were either athletic, sportsmanlike or at least physically involved. It would seem as though the writers were trying to make Barry out to be much less athletic than he originally was... In season 2, Barry was much more athletic than Sheldon (making fun of him for being hesitant to climb the rock wall), while in season 5, Barry & Sheldon were both equally nonathletic.

• Like 1

I was just thinking of another possible inconsistency...

In the episode where Sheldon & Barry were fighting over the office, they decided to settle it with a sports contest (basketball to be specific), because they were both equally bad at sports. But if you think back to the episode where Sheldon was trying to become Barry's friend, they decided to go rock climbing (on Barry's suggestion). Maybe that's not an actual sport (maybe it is), but it is definitely athletic, and Barry seemed quite into it, like he did it all the time. Listening to Sheldon's end of the phone conversation, it would seem that Barry had also suggested other (at least semi) athletic activities... At one point Sheldon had replied with something like What, on actual horses?. He also stated that he didn't want to go in the water. While we can't be sure as to what Barry had said, Sheldon's two responses both seem to hint that Barry had suggested activities that were either athletic, sportsmanlike or at least physically involved. It would seem as though the writers were trying to make Barry out to be much less athletic than he originally was... In season 2, Barry was much more athletic than Sheldon (making fun of him for being hesitant to climb the rock wall), while in season 5, Barry & Sheldon were both equally nonathletic.

Good spot.

It also didn't help that Sheldon (at the time) was looking like he'd been going to the gym 5 times a week.

I put those two episodes together because I'd watched the season two disc last night, and the season five disc the night before. That's probably why it came to me.

One question that I haven't been able to figure out is, is Leonard's brother older or younger?  Someone on the show (Sheldon?  Beverly?) mentioned a younger brother who is a law professor.  Yet I always assumed his brother was older.  Leonard was only 8 when he did the lima bean experiment.  If his older brother had done a similar one first and Leonard didn't know about it, then it stands to reason that the brother is older.

Watching an episode last night, I just realized another...

Joyce Kim.

The way Joyce Kim was always spoken of, it was as though her & Leonard had some kind of actual relationship, even it was all part of her North Korean spy operations. In the episode where Sheldon was trying to solidify Leonard's relationship with Dr. Stephanie, in his (Sheldon) speaking with Howard & Raj, it was brought up that Leonard & Joyce Kim went on 27 dates (along with the Leslie Winkle affair & the 3-hour dinner date with Penny). But in recalling how he met & moved in with Sheldon, Leonard tells Penny that Sheldon had gotten rid of Joyce Kim within 12-hours of Leonard knowing her. From what he told Penny, Leonard never seen Joyce Kim again, after that, and was grateful that Sheldon got rid of her because it kept him out of prison. So which is it, a 27-date relationship or Sheldon scaring her off after less than 12-hours?

• Like 2

Another one......

In the episode where Howard is angsting over Bernadette not wanting kids. Bernadette tells him "I'm just not good with kids", yet in the episode with the ball pit where Sheldon has been up all night, after successfully sending him to bed she tells the others "My Mom ran an illegal pre school in the basement and I got used to dealing with difficult kids"

Edited by The Lash

Sheldon says in Russian Rocket:

"I drove for hours by bus to a Star Trek convention at which Wil Wheaton was scheduled to appear, so that I could get my Wesley Crusher action figure signed. But he never showed, because apparently, it was cooler for him to be the lower-left corner on Hollywood Squares."

But during the tournament he falls for Wil's lie that he couldn't make the convention because his grandmother died.

• Like 1

Another one......

In the episode where Howard is angsting over Bernadette not wanting kids. Bernadette tells him "I'm just not good with kids", yet in the episode with the ball pit where Sheldon has been up all night, after successfully sending him to bed she tells the others "My Mom ran an illegal pre school in the basement and I got used to dealing with difficult kids"

Sheldon says in Russian Rocket:

"I drove for hours by bus to a Star Trek convention at which Wil Wheaton was scheduled to appear, so that I could get my Wesley Crusher action figure signed. But he never showed, because apparently, it was cooler for him to be the lower-left corner on Hollywood Squares."

But during the tournament he falls for Wil's lie that he couldn't make the convention because his grandmother died.

Both very good catches.

I may not have ever caught the Bernadette/kid thing, as I don't really watch season 4 on, as much as I do 1-3. I also pay little attention to Bernadette... I can't stand her.

When they were working out how long Leonard's relationship with Stephanie would last, they didn't mention the woman with the PhD in French Literature that Sheldon spoke about in Season 2 Episode 1 or 2.

Also, in The Vengeance Formulation in Season 3, the President of the university was called 'Siebert', as we could tell from Kripke's speech just before the foam went onto all of them, and there was no one in that room who looked remotely liked the President Siebert of Seasons 4, 5 and 6.

When they were working out how long Leonard's relationship with Stephanie would last, they didn't mention the woman with the PhD in French Literature that Sheldon spoke about in Season 2 Episode 1 or 2.

Also, in The Vengeance Formulation in Season 3, the President of the university was called 'Siebert', as we could tell from Kripke's speech just before the foam went onto all of them, and there was no one in that room who looked remotely liked the President Siebert of Seasons 4, 5 and 6.

Wow good 'Siebert' spot. I don't think anyones called that on this or any other continuity threads that I can remember.

Thanks, neither have I. I just put it down to the fact that people may have been begging for some miracle to occur to stop the foam going onto the President and the board of directors. Arguably, the one furthest away from the camera looks slightly like Siebert, but I don't think it is him. And the senior looking one who Kripke is talking to is older and has white hair. Having seen Season 3 episodes around 11 times I had to notice it eventually.

The DNA model in the boy's living room was incorrectly assembled in S1. In the S3 flashback "the staircase implementation" it appears to be correctly assembled, four (?) years earlier. Take that, spacetime.

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 3

Raj cant talk in front of women yet in Season 4 The Love car episode when Sheldon goes to Rajs room and says he will have to sleep there because Penny is with leonard, Raj still goes to Leonards room and speaks to him even though Sheldon had said Penny was there

• Like 3

I've just watched the episode where Amy gives a painting of Penny and herself to Penny.

She was upset when Penny took it down, yet at the end of the episode they are returning to Penny's apartment to re-hang it.

It is never seen again.

Edited by The Lash

I've just watched the episode where Amy gives a painting of Penny and herself to Penny.

She was upset when Penny took it down, yet at the end of the episode they are returning to Penny's apartment to re-hang it.

It is never seen again.

It was hung in a spot that is normally off-camera.

It is never seen again.

It was hung in a spot that is normally off-camera.

You can see the picture in "The Countdown Reflection" (5x24)when Amy opens the door when Howard goes to tell Bernadette he is going to pick up his mother. There is a shot from over Howard's shoulder looking into Penny's apartment. The picture is hanging on what is the "fourth wall" of Penny's apartment. Like Anomaly said, normally off camera.