The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

New Person In Charge

There's been discusion about the sixth season having a feel of earlier seasons. i thought that this article may explain some of that change. How many were aware of Molaro's elevation?

In my opinion, this season is the best after the first 2 seasons (along with the 3d one, with a clear tendency to surpass S3).

I hadn't heard anything about it, but it's interesting--looks like people were right when they talked about the writers seeming to be planning things out a little more... :)

In my opinion, this season is the best after the first 2 seasons (along with the 3d one, with a clear tendency to surpass S3).

I totally agree. The third season was my favorite but this season has been the best since then. The writing has definitely been better than S4/S5. It is interesting and the ratings don't lie that what the writers/producers are doing is working for them. Hopefully they can keep it up for the rest of the season.

Very interesting, thanks for posting! :) I always like what comes out of Molaro regarding the plans for the show, and I like it that Lorre says he's very protective of the characters and very sensitive to them. That's something that you need not to run away with crazy plots just for the sake of it. And I'm LOVING the arcs this season. 

Molaro worked on iCarly when that show was really at it's best. When he left iCarly, slowly but surly iCarly went downhill. Another one of the writing team Steve Holland worked on iCarly as well. Big Bang Theory took two of iCarly's best writers. Molaro and Holland. It's safe to say though, BBT knew what they were doing. They plucked two good ones.

Edited by Slicknickshady

This was casually mentioned in a TV Guide article a while back.

I had noticed some new names popping up in the writing credits soI looked them up. Most of them have worked on Nick shows. I was aware that that's Molaro's background so I figured it was his idea to bring them on board. I had also noticed that Bill hasn't had a lot of story credits so far this season (one, maybe two tops?) but he used to get credit for every single one. I hadn't related it to his new college job, though.

• Like 1

This was casually mentioned in a TV Guide article a while back.

I had noticed some new names popping up in the writing credits soI looked them up. Most of them have worked on Nick shows. I was aware that that's Molaro's background so I figured it was his idea to bring them on board. I had also noticed that Bill hasn't had a lot of story credits so far this season (one, maybe two tops?) but he used to get credit for every single one. I hadn't related it to his new college job, though.

Yep, Nickelodeon shows. If you remember the iCarly reference scene that was cut in 5.1. When Penny and Raj were talking. I wish that would have been left in. A nod to the prior work they did i guess.

There's been discusion about the sixth season having a feel of earlier seasons. i thought that this article may explain some of that change. How many were aware of Molaro's elevation?

If only Molaro had gotten this position before 4x24. He would have stopped it before it happened.

• Like 3

Thanks, that's interesting. I have to say I really appreciate what Molaro is doing, if it's mainly his contribution this season. They are managing to make it nerdier than the previous 2 seasons while also carrying through some very touching story and character arcs.

• Like 1