The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.14 The Cooper/kripke Inversion (Jan. 31)

Your Episode Rating  

102 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Jims acting was superb he and Mayim did fantastic

On a side note i think its about time that they stopped making Mayim wear extra padding, because she is not that big in real life

Do they give her extra padding? I thought it was just the clothes that are 1-2 sizes too big for her. Especially her cardigans, man some are so big she could wear them as a dress on their own. lol. The promo photo from next week when she's standing the cardigan almost reaches her knees! 

Loved this episode! LOVE not LIKE ;) 

It was so funny, especailly when Sheldon thought he was dumb, and I loved the conversation about Sheldon's physical relation ship and Penny says shes shes glad shes had this conversation with him and Sheldons at the fridge and points to her and makes a noise like eyhhh. :) 
Felt sorry for him when he cried, the thing I miss about Amy is her way of speaking, its not as simple robotic if you will you as it used to be. It does not bother me that much but I enjoyed it when she talked that way.

"Squishing all the dersiable parts on her body" 

Thanks for the posted videos.  Can't wait to watch it again over and over and over.

I did notice from the posted vid that Sheldon did place his hand down on amy's arm after the second hug.  I didn't notice that last night.  God, it was so sweet.  :)

I'm guessing the Shamy shippers went nuts over this ep :D

Fun episode with lots of lol moments. Kripke was a little weak, but Sheldon's genital comments kept it alive.

For anyone who went to the taping... was the scene with Penny hitting Leonard a multi take ?

I'm expecting to see a couple of mis-hits in the season 6 gag reel for this one.

Edited by netmouse

Was I the only one that didnt like Bernadette's reaction to finding out that he had bought the printer? She made him feel like he was an inch tall. Yes he should have mentioned it, BUT she was acting like they couldnt afford things but they can and saying that she makes the money and he doesnt, makes her sound like she runs the marriage and he has no say in what happens with the finances. He is a Momma's Boy and not real sure if he could have made it on his own BUT I think that he could have even buying the stuff that I have seen them buy in the comic book stores and other places. 

I just didnt like her making him feel that way, I have always had a soft spot for Howard. He is a hilarious character and the episode where the astronauts picked on him got it for me. I really felt for the guy, he was doing the one thing in life that he had dreamed about ever since he was a kid and they picked on him up there for it. The look on his face when he says, the other astronauts are picking on me I couldnt help but AWWWWWWW. 

Anyways, I guess I was the only one that didnt like how she reacted to it. I was looking to see if anyone else had feelings about it and couldnt find any unless there was something that I missed. 

Was I the only one that didnt like Bernadette's reaction to finding out that he had bought the printer? She made him feel like he was an inch tall. Yes he should have mentioned it, BUT she was acting like they couldnt afford things but they can and saying that she makes the money and he doesnt, makes her sound like she runs the marriage and he has no say in what happens with the finances. He is a Momma's Boy and not real sure if he could have made it on his own BUT I think that he could have even buying the stuff that I have seen them buy in the comic book stores and other places. 

I just didnt like her making him feel that way, I have always had a soft spot for Howard. He is a hilarious character and the episode where the astronauts picked on him got it for me. I really felt for the guy, he was doing the one thing in life that he had dreamed about ever since he was a kid and they picked on him up there for it. The look on his face when he says, the other astronauts are picking on me I couldnt help but AWWWWWWW. 

Anyways, I guess I was the only one that didnt like how she reacted to it. I was looking to see if anyone else had feelings about it and couldnt find any unless there was something that I missed. 

I think her anger is a natural reaction.  I would have been livid, but not because I thought the money was "mine".  I make more money than my husband but would never hold it over his head.  Big decisions should be made together, and that was the real problem rather than whose money it was. IMO, the intensity of her reaction was OK but what she said was emasculating and indicated that she's in charge.  Normally I love Bernadette, I just thought the scene needed a little better writing.  So I'm agreeing with you.

Just rewatching it for the 100th time and I think the audience's reaction during the hug scene is a testament to Jim's acting. You can hear there's laughters and awwws at the exact same time, it's incredible how he managed to make it simultaneously sad and funny.

eta: And also, WHY is Penny nodding like "I hear you" when he says prostate exams are uncomfortable? hahah. She really wasn't in it much this week, but the scenes she had she nailed. There isn't one Penny bit that's not funny. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 2

Just rewatching it for the 100th time and I think the audience's reaction during the hug scene is a testament to Jim's acting. You can hear there's laughters and awwws at the exact same time, it's incredible how he managed to make it simultaneously sad and funny.

eta: And also, WHY is Penny nodding like "I hear you" when he says prostate exams are uncomfortable? hahah. She really wasn't in it much this week, but the scenes she had she nailed. There isn't one Penny bit that's not funny. 

Yes, so funny... I just left a post in the shamy thread about penny as well.  Her looks and timing were perfect throughout this episode.  I really enjoyed her in this one.

Is it me or did anyone else think this episode went by real fast? Maybe I just thought that because I had to wait two weeks?

No it did for me too, way too fast. I wish they had 30 minutes instead of 22.

I noticed that the intro part seemed shorter than usual.  But I also noticed the commercials right after that seemed very long... and they had a sponsorship commercial this time.

No it did for me too, way too fast. I wish they had 30 minutes instead of 22.

I hope that isn't going to be the norm now. They have great ratings so they can charge the sponsors more or have added sponsors. In the meantime they have added Alex, Stuart has a larger part and Raj may have a love interest along with Dale coming back. Meaning less time devoted to the core big three. I agree that the episode went very quickly IMO. Now I know why...they cut 2 minutes out for more commercials. This does not make me happy! :(

Not a bad episode, the whole action figure story was hilarious and i lost it when howard pulled out his first one and the nose was huge!  The rest was kinda okay for me, the whole sad Sheldon thing was eh, more annoying than funny in my minds eye and I didn't really feel like Penny's reaction to Sheldon's possibility was totally necessary. Don't get me wrong it was a great piece of acting by Kaley and sure it is a big deal the steps Sheldon is taking but I felt like that was a little over the top.

How long till the Shenny's start saying she was so excited because she wants to be the one with sheldon...

I don't totally agree with you but I kind of know what you're saying. The whole Sheldon crying and Amy hugging was cute and poignant. I can appreciate all the Shamy shippers going crazy about this. I'm not anti Shamy but I guess I don't quite get it all. The Kripke/ Sheldon parts were okay but it got to the point with me it was just too over the top. Where I totally disagree with you is that to me the best part of the show was Penny asking Sheldon about having a physical relationship with Amy. His honest answer and Penny's excited response saved it from just beinf okay to great.

I'm sure the Shenny's already started.

Live ratings were down this week. 18-49 went from 6.4 to 5.3. Total viewers dropped from 20 million to 17.5 million. There shouldn't be an concern about this. This was the first non repeat to go head to head with American Idol this year. And Idol only scored a 4.5 in demo with 4.5 and 13.7 million viewers. So TBBT beat idol rather handily. There's other good news in the numbers(DVR for instance)but I'm on my phone. I'll have a more thorough analysis up in about two hours.

I'm in an agony of impatience. My internet was down all evening since I came back from work, and it's still terribly slow and unstable. It's already late at night, and the episode has been downloading from the last 4 hours, will take 1 or 2 more it seems. :(

Why oh why, today of all days???!!!!

Loving all your comments and reviews, though they're making me more restless than ever!

On another note.. yay for continuing great ratings in the face of competition, and take that AI!

Edited by Pomita