King Of The Nerds

ulfrik

Anyone here watch King of the Nerds?

It's pretty funny and interesting, plus it has hot nerd chicks!

On the first episode they choose teams(with a twist at the end of the choosing), they assess the various nerds skills like mathematics, video gaming, knowledge of comics and so on. A giant chess game is played.

The show is hosted by lewis and booger from the revenge of the nerds movies lol.

Edited by ulfrik

My girlfriend and I tried to watch it, but we gave up after 15 minutes and I deleted it from my DVR schedule. I get that TBS wants to cash in on TBBT's popularity, but IMHO this show is not the way to do it. "Forced and too over the top" is probably the best way to describe it. Though it was kinda neat to catch up with Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong. :) Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Probably not the best show to watch with your girl friend LOL.
I was skeptical about it but watched it to see Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong as I am a Revenge of the Nerds fan. I was watching parks and rec the night of king of the nerds premiere, I stumbled upon the rebroadcast of king of the nerds and found it to be alright.  I'll continue to watch.

In the next episode the nerds have a cosplay competition and George Takei guest judges.

I caught bits & pieces of the rebroadcast while at work. It was cool seeing Lewis & Booger (they've aged better than Ogre in the Capitol One commercials), but all-in-all, I wasn't impressed with what I did see.

Edited by Anomaly

MJPollard, your girlfriend is a big bang theory fan, thats cool.

As for Lewis & Booger I wish they would make Revenge of the Nerds 5 lol. My favorites are part 1 and 3.  I like the south korean Elvis impersonator lol.

I actually kind of like it. I thought it would be really terrible. I was iffy until I saw when they were picking teams and the girl who didn't get picked at the end ended up being the one in charge. I thought that was a cool 'twist.'

To quote Curtis Armstrong "there's nothing nerdier than not being picked".

What's your favorite costume on the cosplay episode?

I like the necromancers costume with the cool runes on his cloak, plus the forest elf girl and the girl who did the steampunk performance/song.lol

Here's a wiki article about one of the contestants Virgil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_Griffith

Edited by ulfrik

Glad to read that you watched a full episode and liked it.

The nerds themselves are interesting because of their personalities and backgrounds.
My favorite female nerd is Genevieve, she's well rounded in knowledge and nerdyness.
My favorite male nerd is Virgil, his attitude is classic.

Episode 3 "Games without Frontiers" was awesome, they flew little tablet controlled quadcopters through obstacles for points while the oposeing team shot at the quadcopters with nerf guns.

The next episode will have Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith.

Jay and Silent Bob, Lewis and Booger all on one show!

I was able to catch it this time around.

It was OK. Kinda of lop sided with the attractive girls vs attractive (well, what I'd assume to be) guys lol.

I liked the challenges. Pretty cool setup. Not sure about the drama stuff. Seems like it can get old fast.

Interesting backgrounds, though! Talk about a sweet line up of jobs.

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone watch the season finale?

Warning some spoilers ahead!--------

Of the final four,

Two of the nerds were eliminated in a segway maze race and trivia game then its a twist on how the King Of The Nerds is selected. To find out who wins watch. It's very cool!

Edited by ulfrik

****SPOILERS******

Just finished watching it. I thought Gen deserved it more. Was challenged for it more but since she threw Cel under the bus, I was kinda more for Cel. 

Pink haired girl was just a little beotch. So glad she didn't make it.

What I really don't understand is why Cel was so shy. She's freaking hawt AND a hawt gamer/nerd (so that means in nerd circles, you're going to have to swap over to the astronomical scale to measure it). 

Edited by BBTfan

***\\\ SPOILER ALERT ///***

I watched it... I liked (was okay with) the final four contestants and would have been happy with any of them. Though I must admit that Celeste was my last choice up until she made her final plea. I thought she drifted way too far under the radar and didn't earn victory. But her final plea turned me to her. Then there was Genevieve... I must admit that (for different reasons) I never personally liked her (but I did feel bad for her at times). However, I thought she did earn the title. Daniel (pink-haired girl)... I just liked her from the start. Maybe 'cause she's a gamer or from New York? But when she came out thinking she knew everything about games & missed a Nolan Bushnell question... Really? It's funny, 'cause I hated Virgil, but when he said to Daniel I know who invented Pong, I was like Yeah, tell her Virg. I also liked Ivan right from the start and found myself pulling for him more as the competition went on. Because I didn't like Genevieve and thought Celeste didn't really earn the title, I was hoping it would have come down to Ivan & Daniel (of the final four). In all actuality, I wish Moogega had made it farther. Oh well, I'm not unhappy with who won. If I can get the season on BD cheap, I'll pick it up. It'll be fun to watch with friends every now & then.

*****SPOILERS******

LOL! I laughed out loud and pumped my fist in the air when he said that (with her right there crying about it, that is ME, so me, in a social situation LOL). omg awesome.

Daniel had crowed earlier about convincing one of the guys to pick somebody else in the nerdoff but he ended up picking Daniel anyway. Then she was like all "How dare he! /cry" Gimme a break. Not a very good winner and a worse loser. Cute as hell but I'd pick her to be the most likely to stab her boyfriend over losing a Wii game. 

Yhea, Ivan was pretty cool throughout the competition. 

Very surprised none of the males made it to the end. I didn't catch the first 4 or 5 so not sure what went on in those.

I'd never make it on the show. I have a fair amount of background on comics, video games, MtG, RPGing, but not to a trivia level nor do I have any technical nerd skillz like this group had. Was enjoyable to watch, even with the nerd drama.