The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nina

Are 'the Big Bang Theory's' Leonard And Penny Getting Engaged?

Co-star Johnny Galecki tells THR that the upcoming Valentine's Day episode will be a big one for the couple.

Could Leonard and Penny boldly be going where only one of The Big Bang Theory's lovable nerds has gone before and getting engaged?

The on-again, off-again couple -- who recently took their relationship to the next level when Penny (Kaley Cuoco)finally professed her love for Leonard -- could be considering the idea, according to co-starJohnny Galecki

"Next week we start shooting the Valentine's Day episode," the actor behind Leonard tellsThe Hollywood Reporter. "It's a big one for Leonard and Penny -- there might be somebody getting down on one knee."

Galecki said the February episode, airing coincidentally on Feb. 14, would be in the vein of the widely popular Christmas episode, in which Penny gifts a napkin autographed by Star Trek's Leonard Nimoy (and containing his DNA!) to Sheldon (Jim Parsons), resulting in a rare display of affection.

"We never started doing holiday event shows until two or three seasons in, when we did the Christmas episode. That was a big hit, and we struck a chord of sentimentality with our audience, and we'll continue to do so," Galecki said. "The Valentine's Day episode will be that."

The fan-favorite couple has certainly been through the ringer, having split when Penny was unable to return Leonard's profession of love, reuniting in Big Bang's 100th episode.  

"The ball is still in her court," Galecki said. "The last couple of seasons have really been about her emotional inabilities. It's made that character of Penny a well-rounded one, and you'd assume it would always be Leonard's fault, but he's been a pretty good partner to her."

As for whether or not the potential proposal is successful, Galecki remained mum. "I don't know if it'll work out, I'm just saying," he said with a smile.

Credit: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/are-big-bang-theory-leonard-penny-engaged-412766

-- I can't wait for this episode!!! 

Edited by Nina
  • Like 1

If he is proposing marriage I would expect her to tell him maybe and take the rest of the season to think about it.  Otherwise it is a tease.  I think he gets on his knee to ask her permission to start regularly exchanging I love yous.

If they do get engaged in this show will feel like it has been all over the place with them this season.  By my count there have only been 2 big relationship moments since the show had her thinking of ending things with him. 

• Like 1

WRT the tease. Sometimes I think I should just wait for the blu-ray and marathon the series. In 2016. No more speculation then.

Does this mean I'm flagging? It's been 6 years dammit.

I think if Leonard were getting down on one knee to propose, Johnny wouldn't have mentioned it.  I think it's a hook to get people to watch.  And I'm not watching spoilers; I want to be surprised.  (The hook worked, LOL!)

According to the brief description on episode 16 that shows on Valentone's Day says

"Leonard arranges a magical Valentine's Day dinner date for Penny., but the magic doesn't last after a squabbling Howard and

Bernadette join them and Penny's ex turns up at the restaurant".