The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WyoLars

Episode 2.19 (March 30th) The Dead H00ker Juxtaposition

Alicia hits a nerve with Penny when she says that Penny uses the guys for things just like she does, the fight was pretty full on!

true!!! just before she had chinese food with

the guys, watch battle star with them. when

alicia walk in they all left with her.

Did Penny win or lose this fight?  They never did say!

I think she losed.  What do you think?

Penny buys them all a takeout meal, yet, in The Anything Can Happen Recurrence, she says she's never paid for a meal with money.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Penny buys them all a takeout meal, yet, in The Anything Can Happen Recurrence, she says she's never paid for a meal with money.

I just read that as her being sarcastic.

Good catch Stephen.

Something that puzzles me every time I watch this ep: When Howard decides not to move to 5a, Leonard says "Tell Penny she can take her head out of the  oven".  In the UK putting your head in the (unlighted) gas oven was a popular method of suicide when the gas supply was towns gas containing CO, but since the switch to natural gas CH4 c1970 it doesn't work. I believe the gas supply in Pasadena is natural gas: was it ever towns gas, and is there an American tradition of suicide by gas?

2 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

Something that puzzles me every time I watch this ep: When Howard decides not to move to 5a, Leonard says "Tell Penny she can take her head out of the  oven".  In the UK putting your head in the (unlighted) gas oven was a popular method of suicide when the gas supply was towns gas containing CO, but since the switch to natural gas CH4 c1970 it doesn't work. I believe the gas supply in Pasadena is natural gas: was it ever towns gas, and is there an American tradition of suicide by gas?

It was sarcasim. Leonard was saying Penny would be releived Howard woulden't be above her. It's a joke, not to be taken seriousley lol. 

On 4/27/2016 at 0:56 PM, meka3000 said:

I just read that as her being sarcastic.

Well maybe, but it was still a statement of fact. In any case continuity has never been this shows strong point. 

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

It was sarcasim. Leonard was saying Penny would be releived Howard woulden't be above her. It's a joke, not to be taken seriousley lol. 

Yes of course I understood that it was a joke. Why one earth would you think you need to explain that? The point I was making was that it only makes sense AS A JOKE if there is a tradition of suicide by putting your head in the oven.