Ar Diem

28 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your season

• This season
    • Season 7
    • Season 8
    • Season 9
    • Season 10+/Series Finale

I posed this question in another thread but I think it is worthy of its own thread.  Based on the amount of time that has passed and where they are right now how much longer do you personally feel it will take to get them married?  Just go with your instinct.

My follow-up question is for Lenny shippers only:

How mad would you be if they broke them up again just to drag it out longer?

It depends how long the break up was. A couple of episodes I wouldn't be mad. Over a half a season probably would be mad.

I can dig it.  A bump in the road is no big deal but one that is so long it requires a significant reconcilation is unacceptable.  I would add that if one or both start dating someone else again I would be livid.

I'm not a Lenny fan but they better figure it out soon or walk.  Its annoying when a show keeps playing get-together-break-up over and over again.  

It is gotten to be like reading a really long and increasingly less appealing book that you push through just to get to the ending.  That is how I feel about Lenny now. 

I'm thinking the beginning of season 9. Breaking them up now just doesn't make sense. They have admitted loving each other so it wouldn't make sense for them to date other people, therefore they would be two miserable people in a comedy show and that wouldn't be that funny. So yeah I would be a little pissed.

I'm thinking the beginning of season 9. Breaking them up now just doesn't make sense. They have admitted loving each other so it wouldn't make sense for them to date other people, therefore they would be two miserable people in a comedy show and that wouldn't be that funny. So yeah I would be a little pissed.

Just out of curiousity how do you think they drag it out that much longer without a break-up/reset?  An engagement is only going to be satisfying for so long.

I will guess that Leonard and Penny will get engaged by Season 7 and married in Season 8. If the show goes to 10, they could have 2 years of married life, maybe ending with a child.

Breaking them up again would be a mistake but not impossible. It might happen if they wanted to put her with Sheldon because they couldn't drag Lenny out. Although this is unlikely.

I don't feel like it tortures him. I feel like he wishes for more but he's more content with the way things are now. Oh yea have you read the Valentine's Day taping report?

I don't see him as content.  No.  I don't do spoilers.  I am perfectly happy waiting for the shows to air.  I saw a thread about a proposal but I think you and I have discussed that already in chat.

Aging tobacco, beef, and chocolate teaches you to be patient. 

I honestly don't think the writers will 'marry' them.

In keeping with the girl meets nerd theme, I think Leonard's character will meet someone else and realise they are the 'perfect' fit.... and in a reversal of roles from the early episodes with Penny holding all the power in the relationship it will be Leonard who breaks things off with Penny's character permanently.

It will be shame, becuse Penny's Dad so wanted her to live in a house without wheels!!

I honestly don't think the writers will 'marry' them.

In keeping with the girl meets nerd theme, I think Leonard's character will meet someone else and realise they are the 'perfect' fit.... and in a reversal of roles from the early episodes with Penny holding all the power in the relationship it will be Leonard who breaks things off with Penny's character permanently.

It will be shame, becuse Penny's Dad so wanted her to live in a house without wheels!!

I don't agree.  Outside of some gender reversal their relationship has been pretty formulaic up until this point.  I think they will stick to the plan and marry them off.

Unsure where we're getting "10 seasons" from, but if a wedding's going to happen I would suspect it will be within the series finale.

10 seasons is speculation based on its current popularity.

I feel like at this point a break up would be not only unprobable but highly counter productive... they have spent so much time this season not only fixing Penny's character but fixing her relationship with Leonard.  To do something like break them up now would damage both characters a lot.  And to do so just to stretch out the time tables is just blasphemy.  After seeing the last couple taping reports we can see that Penny isn't even close to thinking of breaking up with him anymore and the day Leonard ends it with Penny is the day that the hubble telescope discovers that at the center of every black hole is a tiny man with a flash light!

Also at the rate their proggressing I wouldn't be surprised to see a season 7 finale engagement or at least some time in season seven they'll get engaged and married in 8.  But who knows

I think they'll get married either at the very end or toward the very end of whenever the last season may be.

I think that they can get engaged at any time from this point on as long as Penny maybe says that she's not quite ready for the actual wedding yet.

Maybe they can experiment with trying to live together, but not being quite able to do it--maybe Leonard's more used to living with Sheldon and the RA than he realizes, maybe Penny's bad housekeeping does trump her perkiness somewhat, maybe they have different expectations as to what living together might be like.

Of course, that would kind of monkey-wrench Sheldon's situation--would Leonard continue to pay half the rent if he's basically living with Penny?  Would Leonard help Penny with her rent and still pay rent with Sheldon?  Maybe all of that could be a stumbling block along the way (rather than any kind of break-up between L/P.)

At any rate, there could be all kinds of delays in how and when they get married--what kind of wedding does Penny want?  What about their families (like her meth-cooking brother)?  Who's paying for her wedding?

And with all the other characters, they could just keep the Lenny from being on the front burner in terms of development down this road.  If, for instance, the writers decide to finally do some development for Raj, then L/P could remain status quo and their relationship doesn't have to be quickly developing.  There's nothing that says the ILY today equals engagement tomorrow and wedding the next day.

There's plenty of time to take it easy and deal with the other characters and other elements and storylines.

I don't think once they get engaged it will be a long time before the wedding. Penny is reluctant to get engaged because engagement = wedding = forever. I think that when they do get engaged she will be ready to marry him and there'll be a season tops before they do just to sort out the logistics etc.

As for them living together, I think it's likely that if they do go down that route Amy will move in. I don't think they'll have Leonard pay two rents or anything like that. But I think the status quo of 4A is a big deal for the show, I don't see them altering it any time soon, probably not until the last season or so.

eta: Good grief, I had to edit this post 13 times to correct using quadruple negatives, lol. And spoilers. My brain is fried.

Edited by spook

There's plenty of time to take it easy and deal with the other characters and other elements and storylines.

See I wonder if her contemplating breaking up with Leonard earlier in the year was to test the idea out with the audience because they feel pressure to bring that storyline to term.  They probably did themselves an injustice racing Howard through the motions. 

I think you can tell by some of the posts around here that Penny is already starting to lose favor with a small portion of the audience.  If they push it off too long and it continues to be primarily her fault I think it could begin to snowball.  It probably would have been helpful if they had not painted Leonard in such a way that you'd think he would crawl through broken glass for her.

See I wonder if her contemplating breaking up with Leonard earlier in the year was to test the idea out with the audience because they feel pressure to bring that storyline to term.  They probably did themselves an injustice racing Howard through the motions. 

I think you can tell by some of the posts around here that Penny is already starting to lose favor with a small portion of the audience.  If they push it off too long and it continues to be primarily her fault I think it could begin to snowball.  It probably would have been helpful if they had not painted Leonard in such a way that you'd think he would crawl through broken glass for her.

I agree. Almost everything in the L/P relationship is from the point of view of Leonard. Things have evened up somewhat with Penny being friends with Amy and Bernadette. Certainly you never really knew what she was thinking unless there was an occasional conversation with Sheldon during the first 3+ seasons of the show. Even the ILY this year was shown from the point of view of Leonard. L/P er's lived and died through Leonard. If they had shown things more from her perspective but that was difficult because of her being the only woman on the show. If they have problems in the future Leonard should be the cause because they need to show Penny in a more favorable light. Although I do think there is many ways that they could make her look better.