Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, CookieCrusher said:

I guess that's why I haven't watched the last few seasons. To me the show had lost its original charm....

If you haven't watched for the last few seasons, how exactly do you know it doesn't have it's original charms?    And what exactly were those original charms and do you think what you believe to be original charms are the same as everyone else's original charms?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tensor said:

If you haven't watched for the last few seasons, how exactly do you know it doesn't have it's original charms?    And what exactly were those original charms and do you think what you believe to be original charms are the same as everyone else's original charms?  

I never said any such thing.

Boy, you sound upset. I didnt know the show meant so much to you.

Please enjoy the show.....

lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

I never said any such thing.

Yes, you did. I even quoted your specific quote but here I'll provide it for you again:

19 hours ago, CookieCrusher said:

I guess that's why I haven't watched the last few seasons. To me the show had lost its original charm....

You specifically stated you haven't watched the show for the last few seasons.  All I wanted to know was if you haven't watch, as you stated, how do you know it's lost it's original charms?

 

 

32 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

Boy, you sound upset. I didnt know the show meant so much to you.

Please enjoy the show.....

lol

I'm not upset, you made some claims and I was just wondering what exactly you meant by original charms and how you know what you consider original charms is the same as someone else's original charms.  I notice you didn't provide an answer for any of the questions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yes, you did. I even quoted your specific quote but here I'll provide it for you again:

You specifically stated you haven't watched the show for the last few seasons.  All I wanted to know was if you haven't watch, as you stated, how do you know it's lost it's original charms?

 

 

I'm not upset, you made some claims and I was just wondering what exactly you meant by original charms and how you know what you consider original charms is the same as someone else's original charms.  I notice you didn't provide an answer for any of the questions.  

I've watched watch enough to get a feel of what the show has morphed into.....

You're taking things way too literal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookieCrusher said:

I've watched watch enough to get a feel of what the show has morphed into.....

So, you watched some of the shows, possible the ones that support your contention, but missed others that possibly refute that contention.  

1 minute ago, CookieCrusher said:

You're taking things way too literal.

All I did was read what you wrote in your post.  If you state you haven't watched the last few seasons, how exactly am I supposed to take that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Tensor said:

So, you watched some of the shows, possible the ones that support your contention, but missed others that possibly refute that contention.  

All I did was read what you wrote in your post.  If you state you haven't watched the last few seasons, how exactly am I supposed to take that? 

Like I watched a few episodes after it took on a different tone.

But it's happened to many great sitcoms. The original writers move to other projects. Everyone involved in the show get bored. Or, they just get sloppy and lose their creative mojo.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 9:50 PM, CookieCrusher said:

Like I watched a few episodes after it took on a different tone.

But it's happened to many great sitcoms. The original writers move to other projects. Everyone involved in the show get bored. Or, they just get sloppy and lose their creative mojo.....

I have to agree to an extent, The creative juices (so to speak), have somewhat dried up. I still watch the show because the episodes do have some lines that make me chuckle. Other parts make me scratch my head and ask "What the Heck?"  :scratchhead:

Edited by chucky
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2013 at 11:19 AM, Kutra said:

Loser par excellence.What type of person mooches food of her friends for years and year? No career,no ambition, no drive, no education, no housekeeping skills.Basically a good for nothing. 

Wasn't her ambition to become a star?

Well, she was good for at least one thing... If you know what I mean....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

Basically a good for nothing. 

Don't know who you're talking about. Apparently you're watching a different show than I am.  :scratchhead:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chucky said:

Don't know who you're talking about. Apparently you're watching a different show than I am.  :scratchhead:

For the record I wasn't the one who said she was "good for nothing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

For the record I wasn't the one who said she was "good for nothing".

I never said you did. I was just reacting to that line and the post was aimed at whoever said it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2018 at 8:43 AM, snowflake79 said:

Penny's facial expressions are the best. :girlhaha:

Indeed. KC does great facial acting: her expressions often express the inner life of the character. This is distinct from just pulling funny faces (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2013 at 11:19 AM, Kutra said:

Loser par excellence.What type of person mooches food of her friends for years and year? No career,no ambition, no drive, no education, no housekeeping skills.Basically a good for nothing. 

Get over it. It's a damn sitcom. It's a damn good one too. To have lasted 12 years, it's both very good and very funny. I don't try to make comparisons between sitcoms and real life. That's unrealistic!

On 3/7/2018 at 12:19 AM, CookieCrusher said:

For the record I wasn't the one who said she was "good for nothing".

I'm sorry. I should have investigated further before commenting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 6:51 PM, CookieCrusher said:

When Penny became successful sales person, they pretty much killed off her character. The show went down hill from there.

The show went downhill from there, but in more ways than just the way they write Penny. But they majorly changed the character several times anyway. Like it or not the writers portrayed her at first as a stereotypical bleached blonde with big boobs who was a turn on to men but wasn't very bright and drank a lot. That was what the writers did. I don't care how many people say that they knew from day one she was a deeper person. The writers joked about all of those things repeatedly until it got so old they had to go in different directions as well. Many people who watched the show in the beginning noticed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 7:15 PM, Die Zimtzicke said:

The show went downhill from there, but in more ways than just the way they write Penny. But they majorly changed the character several times anyway. Like it or not the writers portrayed her at first as a stereotypical bleached blonde with big boobs who was a turn on to men but wasn't very bright and drank a lot. That was what the writers did. I don't care how many people say that they knew from day one she was a deeper person. The writers joked about all of those things repeatedly until it got so old they had to go in different directions as well. Many people who watched the show in the beginning noticed that.

That change was very early though, a few episodes in she was already different than that, so I don't take the very very early Penny stuff too seriously. Sheldon is said to be masturbating regularly in the pilot and doesn't do his knocking sequel at the very first episodes, are we suppose to take that seriously too? When a show begins there are sometimes some changes like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bfm said:

That change was very early though, a few episodes in she was already different than that, so I don't take the very very early Penny stuff too seriously. Sheldon is said to be masturbating regularly in the pilot and doesn't do his knocking sequel at the very first episodes, are we suppose to take that seriously too? When a show begins there are sometimes some changes like that.

Bingo! It's like a relationship, trial and error til you get it right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.