Tripper

Do you mind if I have a word? I'd locate you better if you had a proper avatar. No a fan of silhouette avatar. :mellow:

It is not a silhouette avatar; it is a photograph. I actually look like that ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yet another reminder about Penny before this thread is gone forgotten.

She is so versitile in her acting and mode of expression that I recall in her so many actresses, according to what in that very moment she represents in the TBBT show. I like to upload this picture of her in the cat costume for her Halloween party. She can be really anyone she wants to be.

I think I will never get tired of her. :)the-big-bang-theory-stf01-epi06-Das-Mitt

• Like 2

The show would be meaningless without Penny, she adds the social side to the show. I love Leonard, and Sheldon is like my personality Doppelganger, but with out Penny, the situations in the situational comedy would all be simply awkward, because she is the character who introduced Bernadette to Howard, and gave Amy a personality upgrade, and I mean, come on, she brings Sheldon his Cheeseburger on a Tuesday people! :icon_lol:

• Like 2

Whereas:  Kaley Cucco gets the most commercials, Personal Appearances and Hosting jobs than any other BBT cast Member.

Therefore: The Penny haters must be in the Minority and not with the general public opinion.

• Like 2

Whereas:  Kaley Cucco gets the most commercials, Personal Appearances and Hosting jobs than any other BBT cast Member.

Therefore: The Penny haters must be in the Minority and not with the general public opinion.

To add to my above post. Kaley's Image in the Commercials is not that of a sex Pot. But rather of a more plain down to earth person. I believe it is because of her portrayal of Penny as a Common sense down to earth character, is what advertisers are looking for. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been talking a bit of Penny :) in this thread. It's time for me to make a little change ;)

Here is a song I'd like to dedicate to Penny  :blush: 

For memebers who do not wishto hear the lovely music I copy and paste the lyrics here. But It's not the same as to listen to it.

Venus, if you will
Please send a little girl for me to thrill
A girl who wants my kisses and my arms
A girl with all the charms of you

Venus, make her fair
A lovely girl with sunlight in her hair
And take the brightest stars up in the skies
And place them in her eyes for me

Venus, goddess of love that you are
Surely the things I ask
Can't be too great a task

Venus, if you do
I promise that I always will be true
I'll give her all the love I have to give
As long as we both shall live

Venus, goddess of love that you are
Surely the things I ask
Can't be too great a task

Venus if you do
I promise that I always will be true
I'll give her all the love I have to give
As long as we both shall live

Hey, Venus
Oh, Venus
Make my wish come true

• Like 2

Considering the commericals that shie is in, I have my doubts about this reasoning.   How many other stars of popular shows appear in commercials?  I think most of them don't want the money that badley.   I am sure that if they wanted to, there would be plenty of commercials that they could appear in.   This is not a criticism of Kaley, just the thinking that since she is in commercials and the others aren't, she must be the most popular.

Although I do like the Penny character allot, she is by no means perfect.   In the past at different times they have shown the character to be shallow, promiscuous, have a drinking problem, and prone to larceny.   What I like about the character in addition to her positive attributes like being a caring person and her persistance, is that over the seasons she has matured and has steadily improved herself as a person.  Frankly, as a person I find the Penny character the most believable.   None of us are perfect, we have all done things that we are not proud of, but hopefully like Penny, we are constantly trying to make ourselves better human beings.

• Like 1

Although I do like the Penny character allot, she is by no means perfect.   In the past at different times they have shown the character to be shallow, promiscuous, have a drinking problem, and prone to larceny.   What I like about the character in addition to her positive attributes like being a caring person and her persistance, is that over the seasons she has matured and has steadily improved herself as a person.  Frankly, as a person I find the Penny character the most believable.   None of us are perfect, we have all done things that we are not proud of, but hopefully like Penny, we are constantly trying to make ourselves better human beings.

I like how you put that rick. I think of it this way, while her actions and the rest of her body my have been all over the place, her heart was always in the right place. As she's gotten more mature, everything is coming together for her at the place where her heart is.

• Like 3

Considering the commericals that shie is in, I have my doubts about this reasoning.   How many other stars of popular shows appear in commercials?  I think most of them don't want the money that badley.   I am sure that if they wanted to, there would be plenty of commercials that they could appear in.   This is not a criticism of Kaley, just the thinking that since she is in commercials and the others aren't, she must be the most popular.

She is the most marketable. Jim Parsons(Sheldon) maybe the most popular but can you really see him in a commercial? Or any others from the show or other popular shows? People like her because she's cute, funny and somewhat relatable. I think Jim Parsons popularity is much more skewed on these forums than with the rest of the world.

• Like 1

She is the most marketable. Jim Parsons(Sheldon) maybe the most popular but can you really see him in a commercial? Or any others from the show or other popular shows? People like her because she's cute, funny and somewhat relatable. I think Jim Parsons popularity is much more skewed on these forums than with the rest of the world.

I am have my doubts about Kali being on commercials is that she is the only one popular enough to do so.   Considering how few actors from the most popular shows who do commercials I think it is more of a matter of who is willing to do them.

Jim is the most popular. How many talk shows has he done??? I can't even be bothered watching them anymore there's so many. But I think Kaley is the second most popular for sure because Penny is the only one who is truely relatable. I can pretend that I relate to Sheldon or Leonard but it's BS. The truth is, most of us are not genius physicists who have friends who went to the moon. I couldn't hold up my end of a converstaion with one of these guys for very long, unless they were talking cult TV. Even Amy and Bernadette are masterminds. I have one physicist friend and that's it. The rest of my friends are in the arts.

The only character that's even close to me in real life, is Penny. Everyone says Leonard is the straight man of the show but I don't hink he is. He's a genuis! He works for Steven Hawking. That's not most of us! IMHO Penny is the straight 'man' of the show. After Sheldon she is the most important charcater.

Kaley is by far the most marketable of the TBBT cast. It's pretty much a fact that when it comes to commercials, women, more specifically young attractive women sell better than just about anything else. That is why there are companies that want her to do commercials and host other programs. There have been other major stars of popular shows that have done commercials, it's just that right now Kaley is in the ideal spot for these companies, she's popular enough that her image can help sell whatever the company is pimping without having to shell out an obscene amount of money for the use of her image. Take for example someone like Jennifer Aniston and even her Friends alum Courtney Cox who have done commercials make up and other beauty products, those companies had to pay them millions of dollars.

Kaley on the other hand probably only got a few hundred thousand for her Toyota commercial when you factor in residuals. The only reason anybody in her position does these promotions is for the money because it's some of the easiest money she'll ever make. These promos have little no artistic value and they certainly aren't going to help her expand her craft. What they are is easy to shoot and for the time involved(usually a day tops)is a very lucrative gig.

Kaley is by far the most marketable of the TBBT cast. It's pretty much a fact that when it comes to commercials, women, more specifically young attractive women sell better than just about anything else. That is why there are companies that want her to do commercials and host other programs. There have been other major stars of popular shows that have done commercials, it's just that right now Kaley is in the ideal spot for these companies, she's popular enough that her image can help sell whatever the company is pimping without having to shell out an obscene amount of money for the use of her image. Take for example someone like Jennifer Aniston and even her Friends alum Courtney Cox who have done commercials make up and other beauty products, those companies had to pay them millions of dollars.

Kaley on the other hand probably only got a few hundred thousand for her Toyota commercial when you factor in residuals. The only reason anybody in her position does these promotions is for the money because it's some of the easiest money she'll ever make. These promos have little no artistic value and they certainly aren't going to help her expand her craft. What they are is easy to shoot and for the time involved(usually a day tops)is a very lucrative gig.

Once again, how many stars of popular shows do you see doing commercials?   Very few.   I believe that Kaley is on commercials for two businesses mostly because she is willing to do so more then because she is the one who is most marketable.  

Once again, how many stars of popular shows do you see doing commercials?   Very few.   I believe that Kaley is on commercials for two businesses mostly because she is willing to do so more then because she is the one who is most marketable.  

Stars choosing not to do commercials has nothing to do with not wanting the money or even not needing the money. That decision has more to do with fact that it is generally frowned upon because most actors who are at the level of being television/movie stars already have enough money as it is that and the perception is that the endorsement is a hollow one and tacky. The other reason is that when a major television or movie star takes a commercial gig, it takes that spot away from unknown who could actually use the money, and the majority of the big names started their careers out doing commercial spots before landing their big roles. That money was vital in keep most of the then unknown stars afloat financially because in order to have that flexibility to go out and audition, it required most of them to take very low paying wage jobs.

She is willing to do them but fact is that she IS the most marketable amongst the cast for a much wider variety of things outside of promoting the show. Let me put to you this way, if both actors were willing but Toyota had to choose between Kaley and Jim for that spot that first aired on the Superbowl they would have still have gone with Kaley over Jim in a heartbeat despite Jim's "rock-star" status on network television right now. Women, more specifically young women are far more marketable that men are when it comes to promoting the kinds of products that people from 18-35 age range buy.

Stars choosing not to do commercials has nothing to do with not wanting the money or even not needing the money. That decision has more to do with fact that it is generally frowned upon because most actors who are at the level of being television/movie stars already have enough money as it is that and the perception is that the endorsement is a hollow one and tacky. The other reason is that when a major television or movie star takes a commercial gig, it takes that spot away from unknown who could actually use the money, and the majority of the big names started their careers out doing commercial spots before landing their big roles. That money was vital in keep most of the then unknown stars afloat financially because in order to have that flexibility to go out and audition, it required most of them to take very low paying wage jobs.

She is willing to do them but fact is that she IS the most marketable amongst the cast for a much wider variety of things outside of promoting the show. Let me put to you this way, if both actors were willing but Toyota had to choose between Kaley and Jim for that spot that first aired on the Superbowl they would have still have gone with Kaley over Jim in a heartbeat despite Jim's "rock-star" status on network television right now. Women, more specifically young women are far more marketable that men are when it comes to promoting the kinds of products that people from 18-35 age range buy.

I think that them being willing to do it is the primary reason for her doing the commercials, and is NOT an indication of her popularity.   Most stars are just not willing to do them, as I have constantly maintained.   It is your OPINION that if all of the other stars of the show were willing to do commercials she would be their first choice.   I am not saying that she is not popular, nor am I saying that I don't like her.  What I am saying is that you cannot use her being on commercials as an indication that she is more popular then other stars.