Tripper

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Tbf on their second date she went really close to sleeping with Stuart. With no Sheldon interpretation this time. But said Leonard's name haha. So who's to say on their first date, she wouldn't of said Leonard's name. I think the point of Penny dating Stuart was. She was using him as a substitute for Leonard, at the time. Why Stuart deteriorated over the series? I'm not sure. I agree tptb clearly thought seeing in the long run he wasent an important character. If he was going to be in a recurring role. He would be funnier that way.

Sometimes I wonder whether Kevin Sussman has been ill in real life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/26/2017 at 10:58 AM, JohnPhD said:

We could speculate about what's supposed to have caused Stuart's deterioration, but I nguess the writers just thought he'd be funnier as a loser. I don't think this is a change in Penny, just Stuart's different now.

Stuart went from being an interesting character to just sad, creepy and generally pathetic. The producers and writers have essentially made him the anti-Raj. Unlike Raj, who has remained sadly under developed, Stuart has been over developed (devolved) from the early character to the guy you get stuck with if you 'lost the dating game'. Kevin Sussman plays him very well, but it's tragic what they've made the character into. :dwarf:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

When Penny became successful sales person, they pretty much killed off her character. The show went down hill from there.

Actually it went down hill post season 7 when it became the Sheldon Cooper show. How dare Penny become anything more then a blonde barbie doll huh. 

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Actually it went down hill post season 7 when it became the Sheldon Cooper show. How dare Penny become anything more then a blonde barbie doll huh. 

Well, what bothered me about Penny's successful job as a sales person was that it ruined relationship between Penny and Sheldon.

To me  interaction these two was the most interesting and funniest of this sitcom.

Edited by CookieCrusher

11 hours ago, CookieCrusher said:

Well, what bothered me about Penny's successful job as a sales person was that it ruined relationship between Penny and Sheldon.

To me  interaction these two was the most interesting and funniest of this sitcom.

I have to disagree, before she got the job, she called him a wackadoodle and treated him with indifference. Now she has taken his side against her husband and cared about his feelings more these days. 

I really like season 11-Penny. How she masterfully put Sheldon in his place after he attempted to slut-shame her in episode 11.07 "The Geology Methodology" was brilliant and one of my personal highlights so far regarding Penny this season.

Penny: This is about science. Why’d you come to me?

Sheldon: Because it’s also about reputation. And somehow, you managed to hold your head high despite your checkered past.

Penny: Checkered past?

Sheldon: It’s a figure of speech referring to how sexually promiscuous you were.

Penny: Really?! Well I’ve got a figure of speech about how sexually promiscuous you can go be with yourself.

Yes! That was the right answer, Penny! You go girl! :girl_smile:

What improved considerably as well in comparison with season 9 or 10, is Penny's behaviour towards Leonard. This season she and Leonard act as a unified couple, downright in sync in many cases. It's really fun to watch for me. :firstmove:

Jessica Radloff describes it really good here:

Penny and Leonard have gotten really good at communicating with one another. Last season, Penny and Leonard were often at odds with each other. This season, though, they're stronger than ever.

Add to this Penny's genuine interest in Leonard's book, I'd like to quote @Strawberry PopTart Fan : "that make their marriage, their relationship, feel so solid". Yes :yes:, I couldn't agree more.

14 minutes ago, snowflake79 said:

I really like season 11-Penny. How she masterfully put Sheldon in his place after he attempted to slut-shame her in episode 11.07 "The Geology Methodology" was brilliant and one of my personal highlights so far regarding Penny this season.

What improved considerably as well in comparison with season 9 or 10, is Penny's behaviour towards Leonard. This season she and Leonard act as a unified couple, downright in sync in many cases. It's really fun to watch for me. :firstmove:

Add to this Penny's genuine interest in Leonard's book, I'd like to quote @Strawberry PopTart Fan : "that make their marriage, their relationship, feel so solid". Yes :yes:, I couldn't agree more.

I agree! Season 11 Penny may be my favorite Penny, or somewhere up there.

7 hours ago, chucky said:

I have to disagree, before she got the job, she called him a wackadoodle and treated him with indifference. Now she has taken his side against her husband and cared about his feelings more these days. 

I don't think she ever treated him with indifference. Bath item for example. But since being married there's been more chance for Penny to take a side. Though I do agree the change didn't occur when she got the new job.

1 hour ago, snowflake79 said:

Excellent post @snowflake79 !  Add to this the fact that we have the Bitcoin episode, one that shows us Penny's true feelings for Leonard without all the snark or the derision from his friends.  Penny always yearned for Leonard with both her pride and self-doubt holding her back until she finally let slip the "I love you" in a pure unedited moment for the character. 

Loving the heaven of Season 11.....

2 hours ago, Chrismo said:

But since being married there's been more chance for Penny to take a side.

And she's been taken the wrong side. How many times has she said when he (Shelly) talks (being bullied) like that, I just want to hug him and make him feel better. Then tells Leonard that he probably deserved being bullied. I think I counted about 3 or 4 times.

Edited by chucky

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Excellent post @snowflake79 !  Add to this the fact that we have the Bitcoin episode, one that shows us Penny's true feelings for Leonard without all the snark or the derision from his friends.  Penny always yearned for Leonard with both her pride and self-doubt holding her back until she finally let slip the "I love you" in a pure unedited moment for the character. 

Loving the heaven of Season 11.....

Yes, love the Bitcoin episode. :tender:

And yes, loving the heaven of season 11 too. Penny is so supportive of Leonard this season. You can see they dearly love each other. :kissing: It's really a pleasure for me to watch. :girl_smile:

10 hours ago, chucky said:

That my point...their little childish conflicts were so funny and to some degree interesting......

And provide some ticklish uncomfortable moments.......

Now, it's nothing.....

1 minute ago, CookieCrusher said:

That my point...their little childish conflicts were so funny and to some degree interesting......

Now, it's nothing.....

There was never anything funny or interesting about a wife who supposedly loves her husband who then takes the side of an arragant ass against her husband. That's truly sad and makes me wonder why the hell did she marry him in the first place?

3 minutes ago, chucky said:

There was never anything funny or interesting about a wife who supposedly loves her husband who then takes the side of an arragant ass against her husband. That's truly sad and makes me wonder why the hell did she marry him in the first place?

You're talking about after Penny and Leonard got married.

I'm talking about long before they got married. :-)

I started to lose interest in the show long before Penny and Leonard got hitched.

Edited by CookieCrusher

2 minutes ago, CookieCrusher said:

You're talking about after Penny and Leonard got married.

I'm talking about long before they got married. :-)

I started to lose interest in the show long before Penny and Leonard got hitched.

For me, it's after they were married. If you remember in episode 10/1 when they got married the love was there. Now, not so much.

3 hours ago, CookieCrusher said:

Now, it's nothing.....

The problem is that can only lasts for so long until it stops being funny. When it stopped being  funny is up to debate. Just looked there are some people miss pervert Howard or single Sheldon. When a show goes as long as TBBT goes on it seems things eventually have to change. Not everyone is going to like the changes .

On 2/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, Chrismo said:

The problem is that can only lasts for so long until it stops being funny. When it stopped being  funny is up to debate. Just looked there are some people miss pervert Howard or single Sheldon. When a show goes as long as TBBT goes on it seems things eventually have to change. Not everyone is going to like the changes .

I guess that's why I haven't watched the last few seasons. To me the show had lost its original charm....

But there's always reruns.