The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.15 The Spoiler Alert Segmentation (Feb. 7)

Your Episode Rating  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

I missed the first half due to work :( but I thought the latter half was comical. Raj was actually enjoyable to watch so that was a plus. I do wish it had ended better though. I felt like were left with more questions than anything.

I enjoyed this episode I would give a B or B+. I was worried that they would weaken Penny's character like they have done in the past, However her irritation at Leonard was reasonable so was her hesitancy. I like Amy standing up for herself and Sheldon was good. I thought Johnny Galecki. just phoned it in on this episode and his response to Penny not want to live with him was very weak by the writers. The Raj story was funny and the Howard and Bernadette acrobat joke was funny LOL.

Raj's scene on the phone stole the episode.  That was hilarious, as was Howard's "I wish I could tell you that..."  Loved all that.  Could've done without the tag.

Amy's going off on Sheldon was great. Loved Sheldon's "um...." and the neat parallel where neither Sheldon nor Penny had a logical reason to refuse the moving-in requests.  

Sheldon telling Penny to just break Leonard's heart, and her reply that she loves him but just isn't ready, I thought was very well done.  

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good episode. My only question is WTF happened to Leonard's hair?!

• Like 1

Ummmm....Great episode! Hahaha.

Love Amy's voicemail.  It was so cute! 

Loved the "lovable" scamp comment from Sheldon!

• Like 1

Have just found the episode or bits of it on youtube and the scenes with amy and sheldon are very funny especially when she tries to get angry with him and sheldons comment about penny being the snake in the garden!

Haha love that this all started over spoilers about Harry Potter.  I can so include this stuff in my Return of princess fanfic now lol.  Sheldon is such a jerk, but YOU GOTTA LOVE HIM!  lol.  I actually felt bad for everyone in this episode.  I know what its like to feel pressure from those you love and not want to have to let them down by telling them how you really feel or telling them NO!!!  But on same token I think Leonard and Amy deserve to be treated better by Sheldon especially, but also by Penny.  They both lack maturity when it comes to emotional development and they need to GROW UP!  But, I loved all little cute moments like Penny nonchalently telling Sheldon that she loves Leonard that was SO Great! <3  And I love that Sheldon couldn't really come up with any other logical reasons why he didn't want Amy living with him other than he didn't want to see her leg stubble in his shower or that moving in together when decrease the mystery.  That is actually sweet in a weird way that he wants to maintain the mystery because that means she still fascinates him. :)

It shows he does find Amy mysterious and interesting and just like with physics he doesn't want to lose that mystery. SO CUTE!!  It was subtle, but its obvious he realized that they are very compatible and she would make the perfect roommate, except for the fact that he still just not ready to give up on mystery of their relationship.  It kind of harkens back to episode where they all went to science conference and Penny asked Amy if she'd be sharing a room with Sheldon and Amy said "They discussed it but thought that they wouldn't want to spoil their friendship by getting to know each other too well."   

I think Sheldon is still in that way of thinking that it will spoil things to be so close all time and have no more mystery or seperation between them.  After all he's still considers himself independent man even though he has to rely on Leonard to do EVERYTHING for him lol.  He just doens't like for thinks to change and I'm glad cause i don't think I'm ready yet either though this was really great to see what it would be like for future in later seasons I do hope Sheldon and Amy live together and Leonard and Penny only I hope its Penny and Sheldon who ask Leonard and Amy to come live with them instead of the other way around.  It would be a clear departure from this episode and show that Sheldon and Penny have grown enough by that point to want to live with their girlfriend/boyfriend. 

Though I do think it also be pretty funny if Amy did move in with Penny for awhile haha it would serve her right for not just telling Leonard how she felt in the first place.  She was acting just as much of a coward as Sheldon was and then somehow she still manages to turn it around and make it seem like its Leonard's fault for even suggesting they live together.  :icon_rolleyes:

Well at least Sheldon and Leonard are back together i figured they would be by the end of the episode.  They are the show's Bert and Ernie and its fun watching them drive each other bonkers.  I'm also glad we finally found out what Sheldon thought about that lipgloss Amy tried on a few episodes back.  haha poor girl he thinks lipgloss makes her lips look too slippery.  lol    I almost wish another guy like an Alex was for Leonard would come to work at Amy's lab and flirt with her and make sheldon jealous it would serve him right and make him realize what he has.  He takes them all for granted far too much and he needs to make it up to Amy and Leonard for treating them so poorly and being so selfish.   But yeah fun episode I enjoyed it, not as much as last week,but still good. and i save the best part for last.

OMG WE FINALLY GOT TO SEE MORE OF HOWARD'S MOTHER!!  :icon_eek:  She's really not that fat though I mean she's BIG!, but not so insanely obese like Howard and Raj make it sound all time, I've seen a lot of ladies that look just like that walking around the local Walmarts lol.   But Poor Raj he should call Stuart to get him the hell out of there.  They need to find Howard's mother another dentist or someone cause she is really getting crazy now even worst than Sheldon.

Overall, another fun episode of TBBT!  Ready for V-day

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

Right, just finished watching it.

I have to say, as usual, it was a 1000 times better than I expected it. I was expecting it to come across angsty and angry and depressing but it didn't at all, it was actually light hearted and very well acted. I liked both storylines very much. The only thing I really hated was the opening scene. I can understand they needed an excuse to set up the whole plot but it was so weak and flimsy, Sheldon just turning into a bitch for no reason and Leonard overreacting. I was worried they would depict Sheldon and Penny as the immature, noncommittal ones and Leonard and Amy as too annoying and needy but it actually was fairly well balanced overall. And like someone already said, I was afraid Amy's outburst and the fight on the stairs was going to be angry but it actually came across as funny more than angry.

There were some brilliant lines, the Harry Potter references were awesome, and I swear I had a bit of a heart attack when we saw a glimpse o Mrs Wolowitz. 

Very good episode. 

eta: totally random thing I noticed. Has Penny ever called Amy "Ames" before? I always see that in fanfics and I was thinking it was funny because I don't recall Penny ever doing that before. 

eta2: watching it again. So many brilliant lines. "Harry and Ginny get together???", "Like a dogboy" "Yeah!", "We will have to face the cries, angry accusations and high pitched wails of despair" "And who knows how Amy will react". LOL! And LOVE the subtle "I love him" from Penny. I like it that the ILY in 6x08 wasn't just something that slipped out without her meaning it but they keep confirming that it was actually genuine.

Edited by spook
  • Like 4

Really really enjoyed this episode. Loved Penny in this episode, the conversation she, Leonard and Sheldon had at her door was brilliant. The phone message was hilarious "dropping some science"  I really felt for Amy then.    When I read the taping report I didn't expect to like this one so much, but I laughed quite a lot through it.  Raj and Mrs Wolowitz was a really good B story too.  I'm off to watch it again.

Favourite line

"it's like the happiness won't leave the apartment."

Oh one thing, I didn't like the way Leonard called Sheldon "crazy bastard."  It was more hurtful than normal, said with much more venom.

Lastly I am really surprised that Leonard hasn't read or at the very least watched the Harry Potter series before now, and didn't they pack up Howard's bedroom when he moved out?  Yet it looks like he hasn't left.

Edited by Convict13
  • Like 2

Quote: Oh one thing, I didn't like the way Leonard called Sheldon "crazy bastard."  It was more hurtful than normal, said with much more venom.

I agree with Convict13 . It was  very painful. I thing he hurt his feelings.  That, sometimes Sheldon behaves insufferably, does not mean that Leonard can't hurt his feelings. And the reason of a quarrel was trivial. And besides Penny did spoiler alert too, and Leonard wasn't offensive for her.  While I admit that it can be annoying when you read something and the other person reveals what happens in the book. Leonard often complain that it's bad to live with Sheldon I know that this is based, inter alia, the whole series, but he complains  often.
And in the last episode when Sheldon was sad and desperate  the vision of the work with Kriepke, it was Penny who wanted to talk to Sheldon and comfort him, not Leonard.

I have to admit that Sheldon it's actually a  little coward and I admire Amy,  that she waits so long  and she is patient for his eccentricities. This shows how great are her feelings.

Besides,  the hilarious theme with Howard's mother and Raj. Best at the end when he wanted to go out the window and Howard's mother pulled him back.

Edited by silverangelD

Yes, the whole opening scene was terrible in my opinion. So ridiculous and over the top, even for a show like this where we are meant to suspend our disbelief for the sake of comedy. Both Leonard's outburst and Sheldon's comments about Leonard were incredibly forced just to create drama. It didn't flow well at all as a scene. Furthermore, Sheldon and Leonard fought already in the past, when Sheldon caused the blackout to get Leonard back. I just can't see Leonard be so mean with Sheldon, yes he is a pain in the ass but by now Leonard should know he doesn't mean it, and to call him a bastard is just too much.

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

What I loved was seeing Penny talk to herself after Leonard left. I really, really loved this quick glance into her psyche. She was freaked out by the bomb Leonard just dropped on her, but she was trying to talk herself through it. In some ways it's the most mature I've ever seen Penny, and she went right to, "how can I make this work, can I make myself come around to this idea?" rather than, "I'm breaking up with him and bolting and locking the door."

A lot of huge, huge growth from Penny this season.

On the Howard's bedroom thing I figure they left all his 'collectables' etc. at his mother's house (when they went back at the end of the episode) because as any guy knows that stuff's gonna end up in a closet or storage once he moves in with his wife or s.o..

Yes, the whole opening scene was terrible in my opinion. So ridiculous and over the top, even for a show like this where we are meant to suspend our disbelief for the sake of comedy. Both Leonard's outburst and Sheldon's comments about Leonard were incredibly forced just to create drama. It didn't flow well at all as a scene. Furthermore, Sheldon and Leonard fought already in the past, when Sheldon caused the blackout to get Leonard back. I just can't see Leonard be so mean with Sheldon, yes he is a pain in the ass but by now Leonard should know he doesn't mean it, and to call him a bastard is just too much.

You're right, both are rude to themselves and  both of them are sometimes pain in the ass  to each other, Sheldon was first who came to Leonard in order to cure the situation, no matter that he had hurt his feelings and it does not matter that he was afraid to live with Amy. Friends forgive to each other. And to quote Sheldon:" friends support their friends, apparently"   Sheldon is too proud to grovel  and regardless of this he come to him with an apology. I do not believe that he's so afraid to live with Amy that he preferred to come to Leonard and apologize to him than live with her. You can see that Amy is important to him, and he feels something for her. If that wasn't true what we saw for a couple of episodes and what will be the next it wouldn't make sense.

Edited by silverangelD

I could buy the opening scene in the context that sometimes a person is in a bad mood and they just want to pick a fight but I hate being forced to overlay a scene with my own fanfic.  If I don't give it some help though I am left with Sheldon being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

Sheldon and Penny both doing the um, um, um thing was a bit corny.

SInce the Shamys have recently given me so much grief about how content Amy is I was glad they made it more believable and showed her as discontent with the slow pace of their relationship.  If I am going to be forced to watch it I at least want to believe it on some level.

I am kind of left feeling that a few things were skipped over.  Penny is now able to talk casually about how she loves Leonard but where was their first ILY exchange?  The last 2 episodes have shown Sheldon to be much more aware of his role in their relationship but I don't feel like they explained how he is gaining those insights.  Not that long ago he didn't even understand why he was supposed to stand up for Amy.  Please don't give me some hugely elaborate explanation.  I am not interested in another tedious exchange right now.

I can give Penny a pass because the situation was thrust upon her but considering she has already lived with a boyfriend I don't understand why those thoughts have not already been going through her head.  What does she need?  Thor to thump her on the head with his hammer that she can't lift to move to a new level?  Funny how Sheldon was able to offer a concrete reason for why he didn't want Amy yet but Penny couldn't. 

It also did not escape me that even though Amy did the same thing as Leonard and Penny did the same thing as Sheldon it was still the guys that were the jerks. 

This is the funniest Raj has been in quite some time.  I laughed and laughed.

I only watched it once so I would have to go back to pick up more things.  I would have to agree that there seemed to be something missing from the opening argument.  I agree that both overreated in a huge way.  I didn't like the crazy bastard remark but I also didn't think that Sheldon needed to reduce Leonard to a estrogen induced wo-man.  I think the true catalyst was that Leonard felt that he didn't NEED to stay with Sheldon any longer because he thought he had somewhere else to go.  I also think that Sheldon bringing up the Roommate Agreement as the reasons why Leonard has to do this or that hurts Leonard in a way.  I think Leonard genuinely likes Sheldon and has proven that he will do stuff for him.  I don't think he appreciates his efforts of being a friend reduced to something he has to do because of some legally binding contract.

Loved Amy in this one.  She really shined in expressing her feelings but not going overboard.

More thoughts as I watch a few more dozen times...:)

• Like 1

I don't see it as Leonard being mean.  Sheldon was being a bully and he needed to get a pop in the nose.   Calling him a bastard is no different than Sheldon questioning Leonard's manhood.

I agree the opening argument was a little forced... but given that Leonard stood up to Sheldon in the very last episode... maybe it's showing that he's beginning to stand up for himself more and that is why he seemed to blow up more than usual.  And, it could be he was using it as an excuse to go over and tell penny he wanted to live with her.

Yes, raj was insanely funny in this one and I loved seeing him have a good storyline.

• Like 1

I'm not saying Sheldon was in the right and Leonard was in the wrong. Like I said, I found Sheldon's bitchiness equally annoying, cliche' and over the top. I just think bastard is a pretty strong word. I don't think calling someone a bastard is comparable to calling someone a woman. 

eta: Kiru!! I loved Raj's facial expressions when he was on the phone. LOL! 

Edited by spook
  • Like 1