Sag Awards 2013 Coverage

Nina

Jim's suit was really nice--not too dressy and not too casual.  I like the black accents on the gray and that vest really accented his long body.  I liked it a bit better on him than the double-breasted suit he wore to the Globes.  Although that suit was very pretty and looked good in the close-ups, it looked odd in the photos where you could see his whole body, especially in a couple of photos where he was with Todd and Todd's deeper cut coat made him look longer in the body than Jim.

I'm wondering if Jim is a bit of a clothes horse for these award shows--it seems like we never see him in the same suit twice, and I don't think any of his suits are the basic-looking tux. :)

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny...  I think he needs to have someone dress him.  I do think he's a casual-dressing person, based on some photos I've seen, but, still, he needs to straighten up a bit for these things.  I saw one photo of him from a previous show--maybe the Emmys?--where it looked like his suit was one size too small, and then at the GG's he made the "Miss" list on one "Hit or Miss" list, and now this messy look.  Would it kill him to tighten his tie?  And I couldn't tell if his hair was wet or greasy...

He's a good-looking guy.  I don't know why he wants to look rumpled...

I don't think I've seen any pictures of Melissa, but I did like Mayim and Kaley's looks.  I don't really hate Kaley's hair, but it does look kind of severe and overly straightened--and like a wig.  But otherwise, I think she looks great.

I barely saw a glimpse of Kunal at the table after they lost and I didn't see Simon at all, but I haven't looked at that many SAG photos.

Worst dressed because your hair is part of how you are dressed for the evening.

Mayim's been on the red carpet worst list in some "websites" when she was at the Emmys and the Golden Globes. It's basically for not showing off her boobs (basically her skin) too much and dressing up as someone who should be as old as Sigourney Weaver.

Men are not particularly noticed most of the time. It's like what Jim said (I forgot where, I think it was in one of his Conan guestings), that it's the women who are more in need of a fashion statement than men during awards season since for them they just wear suits. Women still needs to worry about hair, make-up, the dress, the shoes, the clutch bag... It's a nightmare.

Oh, someone made gifs from the awards night and we had sightings.(credits to nicstv)

tumblr_mhcew8YC3N1rbre9qo3_250.giftumblr_mhcew8YC3N1rbre9qo4_250.gif

tumblr_mhcew8YC3N1rbre9qo2_250.giftumblr_mhcew8YC3N1rbre9qo6_250.gif

Kunal looked like as if he was thinking, "yeah gonna fake a smile 'coz you may be having that award but we have the numbahs" 

Melissa's pics:

normal_sag-12~2.jpg

http://bigbangnews.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Edited by jeanalice
  • Like 1

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Kaley's dress should have been a bit longer IMO. It was in A shape, but her shoes peeking up at the bottom made it look a bit weird. Just 5 centimeters would have done it much better. But yeah, she needs a serious talk with her hair & makepu people. I think she wanted to stand out and make a statement but it backfired.

Melissa was very nice, but I'm starting to get a bit bored with her. She uses the same kind of dress for every award show, she just changes the color. She should vary a bit more.

I didn't watch show last night, but I'm glad I didn't waste my time since BBT didn't win.   Its like now that this show is popular the people in Hollywood are acting like they are too cool to like Big Bang Theory anymore, I knew it when they picked Girls to win GG over BBT and MF and now MF wins again and 30 rock again :icon_rolleyes:  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry I like Tina Fey on SNL, but I've seen 30 rock and its boring...I will not be passing BBT up for 30 Rock ever....perhaps the reason more people watch BBT instead of these other comedies is because its FUNNIER!!  I certainly think so!  But, Hollywood has their own standards that don't necessarily fit in with what regular people want to watch or like.  I know we're supposed to just be happy they got nominated and all that, and I am,but I'd be happier if they won because I think they should have and thats just honest truth.

I like Jim's suit and Kaley's dress and Mayim looks lovely especially her hair.  I wish they would give Amy hair like that every once in awhile its so beautiful. :shy:

Haha love video of Jim getting interviewed on red carpet and him trying to explain DUBSTEP ROTFL!!  They need to do Dubstep flashmob next and Jim needs to lead it that would be hysterical.  And the making rain too funny, even Giluanna (or however you spell her name)  didnt do it right.   I really hope this doesn't sound too racist, cause I don't mean it to be offense, :icon_redface:  but I just love watching awkward white people trying to act "street" its one of lifes unusual guilty pleasures.  LMAO :icon_lol:

Edited by Superlovelexi

Mayim looked really nice. I don't know why she often makes comments about being odd-looking, I'd never think that if I met her in the street. I liked Kaley's dress too but it looks like she was struggling with it. If you're a sporty or fidgety sort of person who'll notice it instead of the kind who can remain elegant no matter what, something more comfortable and less impractical is probably better.

I didn't know which hand the engagement ring goes on in the US, and according to the web, while it's usually the left, some gay couples wear them on the right hand in protest, including Neil Patrick Harris and his partner. I don't want to get excited for nothing though, maybe it just matched the cufflinks he liked so much.  :icon_mrgreen:

Re: Melissa's dress, yes, she does wear that style a lot.  But in fairness to her, she's a teeny tiny woman with an "ample bosom" and that is a challenging shape to dress without looking wide in full length photos.  It makes sense that she wears a style that elongates the look of her figure.

The kvellar article that Mayim wrote made me sad for her. :(

me too :( I could tell she was trying to sound upbeat but she couldn't. I think the divorce in particular is hitting really hard, she's really feeling the loneliness I guess. And to have the SAG awards organization giving her a seat filler since she didn't have a date didn't help matters at all.

:( No Jim interaction.   :(  If he would've won or the show won I betcha she'd be all over that!   :p

she did say she almost cried when they didn't win and Jim didn't win, and being alone and stuff, so yeah, I think she would have felt much better if either Jim or the show had won.

My internet nearly failed me tonight, but luckily came back just in time for me to get online and see the pictures and vids.

I'm in fan heaven right now, after half-an-hour of gazing at Jim pics (that lovely suit, those eyes..) and the hilarious interviews. I laughed so hard at his trying to do the 'dumb-step' and the Ray Lewis dance, and when he poses for the camera with his suit and cuff-links; also his story of getting nervous before categories.. charmingly honest as ever. :wub:

Just watching him makes me happy enough to nearly forget my disappointment at his not winning.

Read Mayim's blog.. feeling sorry for her, too. :( She certainly sounds like she had a stressful time of it, and what with the other less-than-perfect situations in her life nowadays, I'm sure everything adds up.

The cast looked good all dressed up...except Kaley. She really needs to fire her make-up and hair people because she can be made up to look so much better than she is here and it's almost become a on running joke about just how garish she's going to look at any given event nowadays.

As for the rest of it. I should think that fact that the show is the number one in ratings should be well good enough for people. That's the only rating the really matters.

Edited by DPK