The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anomaly

Been Here A Bit, But Never Introduced Myself...

Hi there.

I guess I'll start with the basics...

I picked the name Anomaly for two reasons. First, it's the name of an album by one of my favorite musicians (Ace Frehley). Second, it's very scientific sounding, so it fits here very well. Beyond that, my real name is Dean, so feel free to call me that if you wish.

I live in New York, not too close, but not too far outside of Manhattan with my Wife, Step-Son and (until recently) two cats, Chuck & Cookie. Unfortunately, my best friend in the world (outside of my Wife), Chuck, passed away a few months ago at the age of almost 19-years. I miss him terribly.

Beside being a fan of The Big Bang Theory, some of my favorite shows are Seinfeld, Northern Exposure, The Honeymooners, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and (my all-time favorite) [scrubs]. Right now I've been getting into the BBC version of Top Gear and Face Off.

I'm a movie buff & collector. My tastes really have a broad range, but I'm not a fan of musicals. Right now we have around 850 or so Blu-rays & DVDs, but (embarrassingly) I have not yet seen them all. A few of my favorites are Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Shawshank Redemption, Bade Runner, The Ten Commandments, It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, The Shining, Casablanca, The Empire Strikes Back, Amelie and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

I'm a gamer. I've owned (and still own) almost every console that has ever existed. I'm not a "fanboy" of any of them, and think anyone who puts the emphasis on the console rather than the games isn't much of a gamer. Some of my favorite games are Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil (the original), Gran Turismo, The Phantasy Star series, The Adventures of Willy Beamish, Flashback, SNATCHER, Myst, The Sims series, Heavy Rain, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Dragon Age Origins, (Atari 2600) Adventure and all of the old INFOCOM text adventures like Zork, Suspended & Infidel.

I'm a home theater geek. I love reading about, evaluating, setting up & tweaking gear. I don't have super high-end gear, as I think performance-wise, the ridiculous cost jump becomes greater than the benefit. That's not to say that I have Wal-Mart level gear either. Sorry, I can come off as a bit snobbish. That's due to my love of the hobby, as opposed to anything else. Anyway, our current setup contains a Sony Bravia Display, 7.1 Yamaha Aventage Receiver, Sony BD Player, Yamaha CD Changer, AudioSource EQ, Harman Kardon CD Recorder, APC Power Conditioner, Audio Technica Headphones, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and Polk Audio Speakers/Sub.

I'm into music. I like listening to it... Not as background noise, but really listening to it (usually through a set of 'phones). My taste in music is extremely varied, and I listen to almost all types. Some of my favorite artists are Kiss, Garbage, The White Stripes, Blue Man Group, U2, Frank Sinatra, Chris Botti, Sonny Rollins, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Sarah Brightman, Brian Setzer, Joe Jackson, Dean Martin, BB King, Pearl Jam, Eminem, The Police, etc, etc.

I'm a Christian, but I don't hold to many of the false teachings & doctrines of most organized Christian religions. Most of it is in direct opposition to what the Bible actually says. I'll leave that at that. 

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Glad to be on-board.

Hi Anomaly (Dean)
I never did the welcome wagon thing either, I just snuck in.

A belated welcome to you…

Sorry to hear about your cat.
Ted

Edited by Moonbase

Hi Dean.

I too had a cat that died aged 19. Nineteen years is a long time to share ones life with a pet. I still miss Kipper, my cat, after two years.

I too am a Christian that does not conform to the false doctines and traditions that Christendom has adopted over the last 1900 years.

Hi, Dean - and welcome! :D

I too know what it's like to lose a cat, so you have my heartfelt sympathies. *hug*

Lin.

hi dean-a belated welcome

great to see someone else from

new york like my self