The Big Bang Theory Forums

Wow, didn't know Fred Molina was in Normal Heart, although, he's a massive advocate of AIDS research, so not sure why I'm surprised. Has he been involved in the production side at all?

To me, TNH is a much more riveting story than Behind the Candelabra. I think it will hit a lot closer to home for most people, even those who aren't gay and haven't been affected by the AIDS crisis. But that's just me, of course. I have no doubt this movie will do remarkably. I'm so excited to see it.

Edited by Maddie

Well, this article is just speculating on what movies might do well at Cannes or might be shown there, based on the track record of the directors or studios involved.  So, they're kind of guessing that HBO might take TNH to Cannes, not saying that it's definite.

It would be interesting if it did go, obviously, and great if Jim could go.

Do we know what his summer plans are at the moment?  I know he's attached to that one project where they're still looking for costars, but apart from that, do we know if he's doing any other movies or a play or anything?

Wow, didn't know Fred Molina was in Normal Heart, although, he's a massive advocate of AIDS research, so not sure why I'm surprised. Has he been involved in the production side at all?

I think that is from an old release of some sort because he doesn't appear to be attached in any way to the project (not as production crew or cast).   Sometimes the media picks up stuff from original releases and then those people become unavailable by the time a project is shot and replaced by other people.   So it could be one of those situations. :unknw:

• Like 1

anyone know where I could find the full performances from the night at Sardis Alzheimer's event .... I would love to see the full thing ... youtube only has like a one minute clip

anyone know where I could find the full performances from the night at Sardis Alzheimer's event .... I would love to see the full thing ... youtube only has like a one minute clip

They don't ever show the full  event online anywhere because the tickets start at like $500.00 per person to attend.  The only way to see a full event is to attend in person. :cray:   I don't blame them, they are trying to raise funds for a worthwhile event, but it is a shame we can't see them in full. :girlsigh:

But, to help us all feel better, thought I would post this just because he is so beautiful!

BjCwzw8CcAA88K4.jpg

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 9

They don't ever show the full event online anywhere because the tickets start at like $500.00 per person to attend. The only way to see a full event is to attend in person. :cray: I don't blame them, they are trying to raise funds for a worthwhile event, but it is a shame we can't see them in full. :girlsigh:

But, to help us all feel better, thought I would post this just because he is so beautiful!

BjCwzw8CcAA88K4.jpg

awww.... thats a little disappointing but that makes sense..... but omgoodness... Jim is soooo handsome....

Jill Gascoigne (Fred Molina's missus) has Alzheimer's and was present at this gala, wonder if this is purely coincidental?

They don't ever show the full  event online anywhere because the tickets start at like $500.00 per person to attend.  The only way to see a full event is to attend in person. :cray:   I don't blame them, they are trying to raise funds for a worthwhile event, but it is a shame we can't see them in full. :girlsigh:

BjCwzw8CcAA88K4.jpg

This picture has feuled my "Jim as an 18th century naval officer" fantasy...

• Like 4

BjCwzw8CcAA88K4.jpg

This photo of him would look very good together with some of Mayim's Paris photos.... Edited by Jaime
  • Like 2

I think that Sheldon is just very convinced of his own intelligence (and therefore everyone else's lesser intelligence) and therefore feels completely in the right in pointing out mistakes and ignorance in others.  He's pedantic about things like grammar and exaggerations and other conventions of speech ("I haven't been to a comic book store in literally a million years!" "Literally?  Literally?") and he can't seem to ignore such things.

I think that living with Leonard and hanging out with the gang, and especially Penny who tends to challenge him more than the guys do, has somewhat softened his edges (because we got to see how he was before, in the Staircase episode), but not really changed his basic nature.

I think that his relationship with Amy has also helped him because although she has her own bluntness, she also won't let him get away with being super rude.

But still, the gang tends to cut him some slack (or just ignore his comments) just as he makes allowances for their weakness (in that he remains friends, not that he doesn't continue to make comments, etc.)

I know that there's a tendency to equate his behavior with Aspergers or other autistic spectrum behaviors--as a matter of fact, my little sister, who worked for several years with the special needs class at an elementary school, asked me about it when she watched the pilot (her first episode ever).  She asked if Sheldon had Aspergers.

Of course, I told her no, that they were not writing him to be on the spectrum, and that was enough to satisfy her.

I do think that it's understandable that people will see his behaviors and might come to that conclusion, but I also think that it's wrong of some viewers to insist that it's true when the writers/producers and actor have all denied it.

At any rate, I think that their intent is simply that Sheldon is an amalgamation of various issues--germophobia, dislike of being touched, stunted social growth due to his childhood as a prodigy, arrogance, childishness, etc.--that came together to make him who he is.  There's no doubt that he is able to feel and express emotions and form close bonds and that his progress is only impeded by his pride and inexperience and some narrow views about what is acceptable behavior.

I must've missed this.  Thanks for letting me know this.   :biggrin:

Predicting The 2014 Cannes Film Festival Lineup: What Films Will Walk The Red Carpet With 'Grace Of Monaco'?

The Normal Heart” (dir. Ryan Murphy)

Cast: Mark Ruffalo, Matt Bomer, Taylor Kitsch, Jim Parson, Julia Roberts, Jonathan Groff, Alfred Molina

With TV no longer seen as a second-class medium, Cannes have embraced the premium cable revolution: 2012 saw the premiere of HBO’s “Hemingway And Gellhorn,” while last year saw no fewer than three movies from the network, with “Behind The Candelabra” in competition, and special screenings of “Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight” and “Seduced And Abandoned.” The obvious candidate for this slot this time around is “The Normal Heart,” the star-studded adaptation of Larry Kramer’s acclaimed HIV-themed drama from “Glee” and “American Horror Story” director Ryan Murphy. With the movie premiering on HBO on May 25th, the stage seems all but set for this to stop over in Cannes for a premiere first, though following the Liberace film into competition might be a stretch this time.

Source:  http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/predicting-the-cannes-2014-lineup-20140317?page=3#blogPostHeaderPanel

I hope Jim gets to go to Cannes.  I went to this festival one year and it was a blast!

A friend of ours attended as a judge a few years ago.  And because the theatre he manages holds the largest French Film Festival in the country we might be getting the seats from this year's Cannes Film Fest!!!   :girlcrazy:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local/byrd-to-receive-seats-from-cannes-theater/article_1885e12a-217d-5670-98e7-8467ffd5b91d.html

• Like 1

Well, this article is just speculating on what movies might do well at Cannes or might be shown there, based on the track record of the directors or studios involved.  So, they're kind of guessing that HBO might take TNH to Cannes, not saying that it's definite.

It would be interesting if it did go, obviously, and great if Jim could go.

Do we know what his summer plans are at the moment?  I know he's attached to that one project where they're still looking for costars, but apart from that, do we know if he's doing any other movies or a play or anything?

It reads as speculation but it was put out by TNH official page on Tumblr. So when I saw it I took it to mean that they will be at Cannes.

It reads as speculation but it was put out by TNH official page on Tumblr. So when I saw it I took it to mean that they will be at Cannes.

I think that they might have posted it because it's a mention of the movie (as in buzz/awareness) that shows that some might be interested in seeing it at Cannes.

The article basically says that TNH would be the logical candidate to follow in the tradition of a TV film like Candelabra showing at Cannes, but in no way implies that there's any solid intention from HBO--yet.

I think that if the folks behind TNH knew they were going to Cannes, they would just have come out and said it.

To me, posting this article to the movie's tumblr page is like posting a good review or an award speculation that mentions your production--like saying, "Look! They think we should go to Cannes!"

It's a positive mention of the movie and I think it would be great if they did go to Cannes, but the article itself doesn't mean that's it's more likely to happen.

• Like 1

Sorry for being a noob, but what's good about the film being at Cannes? Just wondering. :p

Sorry for being a noob, but what's good about the film being at Cannes? Just wondering. :p

Mostly just exposure.  If it were to be entered into competition (and I don't know anything about the rules for that) it would be up for an award in whatever category, and winning awards is always nice.  It's something you can attach, like winning an Oscar or Emmy or Golden Globe.

Cannes is a big-deal film festival with lots of prestige for the directors/producers/actors involved.

• Like 2

Pretty much what Phanta said above, but it also means that they may be considering it for theatrical release instead of just HBO station release.   But as said above, there is no real "meat" yet that they will be there and that there is any intention by HBO to put this out in theaters.  

• Like 1

After being on campus for the past twelve hours....nothing will end my day better than some good food some comfortable clothes and a whole lotta Jim Admiring.... i don't think its legal how much I love this guy ...

• Like 3

e8a7utez.jpg

Does anyone know the when and the where???? I've never seen this pic before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was in 2010 at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Installation Luncheon

Thanks. I love it and would love to see more from it.

There really isn't much online about the luncheon from that year, and what there was didn't include them.  The only thing I could find was he and Kaley arriving (separately) at the event in this video.  They are toward the latter fourth of the video.  You will see Kaley arrive and then some other actors and then Jim.  He is last on the video.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

I'm seriously wondering what I have been doing with my life now. .... lol.. how come i just found Jim's video about standing up for cancer?... one of the The cutest things I've ever seen:)...

• Like 3

Set your DVRs

April 1, Jim's segment from Craig Ferguson which aired originally  February5, 2014, will be re-run again on Craig.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2