Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums

Recommended Posts

From Variety

Jim Parsons Lists Swank Celeb-Pedigreed Pad in L.A.’s Los Feliz

Prodigiously compensated primetime television juggernaut Jim Parsons, central star of the wildly popular ensemble sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” and narrator of its spin-off “Young Sheldon,” listed his architecturally significant and sumptuously appointed Hollywood pedigreed residence on a famously celeb-packed street in L.A.’s Los Feliz area at $8.95 million.

Designed by El Capitan Theater architect Stiles O. Clements in the early 1920s and known in certain architecture circles as Seyler House after its original owner, an insurance executive, the 1.45-acre hillside spread has long been owned by a succession of showbiz movers and shakers including Tim Curry, Noah Wylie, Oscar-winning cinematographer Robert Richardson and director Robert Luketic. In 2011 the property was acquired for $6.275 million by “Twilight” heartthrob Robert Pattinson who, after listing it at $6.75 million, sold it to Parsons in early 2014 for $6.375 million. There are three bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in 4,062 square feet according to current digital marketing materials that, curiously, make use of a number of the same photographs used when Pattinson had the property available on the open market in late 2013.

<full article in the link>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vonmar said:

From Variety

Jim Parsons Lists Swank Celeb-Pedigreed Pad in L.A.’s Los Feliz

Prodigiously compensated primetime television juggernaut Jim Parsons, central star of the wildly popular ensemble sitcom “The Big Bang Theory” and narrator of its spin-off “Young Sheldon,” listed his architecturally significant and sumptuously appointed Hollywood pedigreed residence on a famously celeb-packed street in L.A.’s Los Feliz area at $8.95 million.

Designed by El Capitan Theater architect Stiles O. Clements in the early 1920s and known in certain architecture circles as Seyler House after its original owner, an insurance executive, the 1.45-acre hillside spread has long been owned by a succession of showbiz movers and shakers including Tim Curry, Noah Wylie, Oscar-winning cinematographer Robert Richardson and director Robert Luketic. In 2011 the property was acquired for $6.275 million by “Twilight” heartthrob Robert Pattinson who, after listing it at $6.75 million, sold it to Parsons in early 2014 for $6.375 million. There are three bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in 4,062 square feet according to current digital marketing materials that, curiously, make use of a number of the same photographs used when Pattinson had the property available on the open market in late 2013.

<full article in the link>

why would he be selling up when he is still doing big bang young sheldon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kbp said:

why would he be selling up when he is still doing big bang young sheldon

I'm sure he's buying another home in LA.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmm... i noticed he follows several architects' studios on IG, maybe he has plans for a house. maybe a bigger one? with space for a baby  dog? hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andy_90's_generation said:

hmmm... i noticed he follows several architects' studios on IG, maybe he has plans for a house. maybe a bigger one? with space for a baby  dog? hehe

I think size might be the issue.  The current house only has 3 bedrooms and their extended family keeps getting bigger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy_90's_generation said:

hmmm... i noticed he follows several architects' studios on IG, maybe he has plans for a house. maybe a bigger one? with space for a baby  dog? hehe

i just thought that that maybe big bang theory is going to finish up soon that's why he selling up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I think size might be the issue.  The current house only has 3 bedrooms and their extended family keeps getting bigger.

do they have another doggie besides rufus now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy_90's_generation said:

do they have another doggie besides rufus now?

Not that I know of, but I think if they do get another it won't be until they get back to LA.

I was thinking about Jim's family, his nephews are getting bigger so the boys need more space and at least one of Todd's brothers has gotten married. So I think they just need more room to entertain family and friends.  Just speculation on my part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Not that I know of, but I think if they do get another it won't be until they get back to LA.

I was thinking about Jim's family, his nephews are getting bigger so the boys need more space and at least one of Todd's brothers has gotten married. So I think they just need more room to entertain family and friends.  Just speculation on my part.

ah! yes, yes. it's true. If they plan to have family staying over that lovely house was getting small, yeap.  

even if it looks a bit stalkerish, i wonder and hope to see some pics of the new house if they choose a new one... i'm nosy and curious, whatamIgonnado

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 8:44 AM, luminous said:

 

From the comments....

missmayim:  Ok ok I’ll book my tickets !!!

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of people move house while they're busy with work, kbp. There are firms who put your current home on the market for you, and look for new properties for you to view. Your law firm arranges for surveys and so on to be done, for the names on the bills to be changed, and for the money to be transferred between buyers' and sellers' banks. All you have to do for yourself, if you're very busy and if you can afford lots of services, is look at houses for sale and choose one. Everything else, including packing  and unpacking your things, can be done by removal firms and interior decorators. 

If you have  siblings and in-laws, and live in a vacation destination, the number of guest rooms you require increases. When children reach the age when you can no longer sleep them four cousins to a bed, you either get an extension built on or you move.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vonmar said:

From the comments....

missmayim:  Ok ok I’ll book my tickets !!!

I was wondering when she'd finally go. lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Jim & Todd attended friend Jesse Tyler Ferguson's final matinee of his Off-Broadway play "Log Cabin"
 

 

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vonmar said:
Jim & Todd attended friend Jesse Tyler Ferguson's final matinee of his Off-Broadway play "Log Cabin"
 

 

It must be nice for him with no performances himself on Sundays he can go and be an audience member for his friends.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Broadway World

Broadway's THE BOYS IN THE BAND Recoups

Producers David Stone, Scott Rudin, Patrick Catullo, Aaron Glick, and Ryan Murphy have announced that the hit Broadway production of Mart Crowley's groundbreaking play, The Boys in the Band, has recouped its $3.5 million investment in just 11 weeks, with four weeks still remaining in the show's 15-week limited run.

THE BOYS IN THE BAND is the first show of the 2018-19 season to open, and it is the first show of the season to recoup.

Directed by two-time Tony Award winner Joe Mantello, this 50th Anniversary production of The Boys in the Band has been playing to sold out houses since it began previews on April 30th at Broadway's Booth Theater (222 West 45th Street). The limited engagement officially opened on May 31st and will run through August 11th.

THE BOYS IN THE BAND stars Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, and Andrew Rannells, as well as Charlie Carver, Robin de Jesús, Brian Hutchison, Michael Benjamin Washington, and Tuc Watkins.

<full article in the link>

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim's undergraduate alma mater, The University of Houston, has a New York area alumni event today that will include attending tonight's 7 pm "The Boys in the Band" performance.

Renu Khator is the UH President...Mike Pede is the UH Assistant Vice President for Alumni Relations

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, vonmar said:

 

He looks so cute here I want to cry...Sorry but I just wanted to comment on it since I saw the pic on instagram 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim will present A Kid Like Jake in Rome next October. He is the guest star of one of the collateral events in the Rome Film Festival (October 18-28, 2018) and he and Silah Howard will present the movie there and have a Q&A about it. Moreover, during the same event, there will be a celebration for TBBT, that 10 years ago arrived in Italy. I've posted an article about it, it's in Italian and it also has a few inaccuracies, but maybe some of you are interested! I  am so happy the movie finally arrives in my Country, I hope it gets some kind of distribution!

https://www.iodonna.it/personaggi/cinema-tv/2018/07/18/jim-parsons-alias-sheldon-cooper-sara-il-super-ospite-di-alice-nella-citta-ottobre/

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Backstage on a two show Wednesday....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two show Thursday for TBITB today.  Regular 8 pm show and then a special midnight show benefiting The Actors Fund.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim & Todd will once again be Honorary Co-Chairs for the GLSEN Respect Awards in October....

From GLSEN

GLSEN, the leading education organization working to create safe and inclusive K-12 schools for LGBTQ youth, is pleased to announce the lineup of honorees for the 2018 GLSEN Respect Awards – Los Angeles. Actress and activist Yara Shahidi; Will & Grace creators Max Mutchnick & David Kohan; actress, producer, and activist Ellen Pompeo; and Elizabeth Gabler, President, Fox 2000 Pictures, accepting on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Film, will be honored on Friday, October 19th at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.

<full article in the link>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.