Jim Parsons

Tripper

caught my mum randomly watching JP's episode of Who Do You Think You Are on Youtube even though she only watches the show casually when I'm watching it. Have no idea how she found it but she was telling me all about it afterwards even though I already knew, lol. She was like "Did you know he's 40!!? What does he use!!?" and then she screamed it at my dad when he got home from work too.

• Like 7

Jim's next movie "Visions" has started filming in LA.  IMDB has updated the film's status from "pre-production" to "filming"

The Daily Mail posted the following article about Isla Fisher and Gillian Jacobs.  (Jim gets a mention in the article)

"It's not a comedy! Isla Fisher giggles away while shooting first horror movie with Gillian Jacobs"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2557333/Isla-Fisher-giggles-away-shooting-horror-movie-Gillian-Jacobs.html

I'm in the same boat Pearl. I won't watch scary movies. Period. The last scary movie I watched was when I was kid, Freddy Krueger. I won't them again. I will have to wait until someone uploads Jim's parts too

Edited by Shamyfan
  • Like 1

"More casting news is here for the latest flick being helmed by Saw franchise director Kevin Greutert, entitled Visions, as Eva Longoria has just signed on to get all screamy!  According to Deadline, Longoria  will join Isla Fisher, Anson Mount, and “Community’s” Gillian Jacobs in the film, which also has “The Big Bang Theory’s” Jim Parsons in talks to co-star."  READ More if you're not scared  :diablo:  Source [x]

:patsak: I'm a chicken about scary movies too but when I go I do want to be scared with suspense like Misery or Dolores Claiborne. Some that have a twist I can take like the early work of M. Night Shyamalan.  The last scary movie I saw was supposed to really be scary because it was based on a true story but THE Conjuring was a dud.  I wasn't scared one bit.  I'm hoping this one is a psychological-thriller and not anything like the SAW franchise. UGH.

:popcorn: Hat tip to Eva cuz she’s a Texas gal too.

I don't know why it says that it's in talks because I thought it was a done deal.  

Edited by dessertisserved
  • Like 1

I think it depends on how they do the film. If it is a more psychological thriller (which is what it currently sounds like), then it could be fascinating and I would LOVE to see Jim in that kind of role.  However, if it is more like the SAW franchise (slasher film style) then I really don't care for that genre. In that case, I would rather wait and see just clips that have Jim in them only.   :girlwink:   But I want him to have the opportunity to branch out and show his acting muscle.  This would be one film that would help him do that. It would show that he has a broad range and can take on any role. :good: