Jim Parsons

Tripper

I'm not sure what was wrong with my post to begin with since I was just pointing out how cute they look as a couple, but apparently I was being "inappropriate" with my innocuous comment. My bad.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phantagrae

• rachelshamyfan

• vonmar

• stardustmelody

I'm not sure what was wrong with my post to begin with since I was just pointing out how cute they look as a couple, but apparently I was being "inappropriate" with my innocuous comment. My bad.

Im sure that I did not say  your comment was wrong or inappropriate  so im not sure why you are taking offense. I replied "ehh" because I did not think they looked cute as a couple I thought Jim looked cute and Todd looked like he was looking for his date to his senior prom. My "ehh" was not a personal attack. 

Edited by Sheldonswife

Im sure that I did not say  your comment was wrong or inappropriate  so im not sure why you are taking offense. I replied "ehh" because I did not think they looked cute as a couple I thought Jim looked cute and Todd looked like he was looking for his date to his senior prom. My "ehh" was not a personal attack.

Senior prom... I'm dying. :laugh:

Some people just don't care for Todd, can't change their minds. A suit has nothing to do with it, believe me.

Im sure that I did not say your comment was wrong or inappropriate so im not sure why you are taking offense. I replied "ehh" because I did not think they looked cute as a couple I thought Jim looked cute and Todd looked like he was looking for his date to his senior prom. My "ehh" was not a personal attack.

I believe you and no, I'm not taking offense. It was a misunderstanding on my part, it happens with written words where you can't really see the intent or expression behind them. I'll just avoid to mention Todd from now on.

Coming back to Jim, I'm counting down the days till The Normal Heart airs. Finally! We've been waiting so long.

I think Todd looks fine.  He's not a showbiz guy, but he's the one Jim loves, so I think that means something.  I think they do look good together.  Todd's suit isn't my favorite thing, but I don't think it's all that bad.  And Jim looks fantastic.  His body was created for a tail coat and that one fits him beautifully.

The only thing I'm not crazy about with Todd's suit is the narrow pant legs.  There was other man on one of those fashion lists whose pants were worse--really skinny and too long because they were all bunched up on his legs.

At least Todd's pants aren't too short or too long.

Anyway, everyone has different tastes, I guess.

I have to agree with the comments re Todd's suit. I like the color, but the black shoes seem not right with that light shade, and the pants look like long john's, the way they are stuck to his thighs! Should have gone with a slightly wider leg and more drape around the ankles with dark gray shoes. That would have been a better contrast with Jim's suit.

Why eh. Is it the outfits or Jim and todd together?

Kaley goes w Ryan, Simon with his wife, Kunal, Mayim doesnt but thats her choice. I love seeing jim and todd together. Its no different than any other couple.... straight or gay.

Jim is happy w Todd or they wouldnt be with each other and vice versa. Shit, Todd was with Jim before he got famous. Thats love.

I loved Todd outfit more than Jims.

I like Todd's outfit too,  I think it looks great.  

I have to agree with the comments re Todd's suit. I like the color, but the black shoes seem not right with that light shade, and the pants look like long john's, the way they are stuck to his thighs! Should have gone with a slightly wider leg and more drape around the ankles with dark gray shoes. That would have been a better contrast with Jim's suit.

I agree that his shoes seem to stick out a bit, but at a formal event, I'm not sure if gray shoes would be "appropriate"--but then again, with this kind of celebrity event, who knows.

Art Director's, as a general rule, tend to dress a bit outlandishly, I think it comes with the Ad Industry territory.

Out of curiosity, what exactly do art directors do?

Edited by sheldorslady

This is what Todd does if that's what you're asking:

"Todd Spiewak has a BFA in Graphic Design from Boston University and has worked extensively in the field designing successful campaigns for clients including American Express, Barnes & Noble, HP, KitchenAid and The New York Times. Recently he and Jim formed their production company, That's Wonderful Productions, and Todd is now actively seeking homes for projects ranging from television series to movies to theater.

Written last fall, for the GLSEN award.

In Advertising, Art Directors work with a Copy Writer (aka a Creative Team) to devise a campaign for their client. Art Directors (also known as just 'Creatives') are responsible for the ideas and overall look of the campaign and will see the project through from concept, to shoot and presentation to client.

After meeting to discuss budget, several of the Creative Team's ideas are presented in storyboard form to the client who will give the green light (or back to drawing-board, red light) to the campaign.

The Creative's job is to source the talent (photographers, models, actors, designers, artists) to realise their vision for the campaign. They will brief the talent and oversee the shoot and represent the finished product to the client for approval.

Looks like Todd's worked with some big names and campaigns from Jaime's post above so, may I humbley suggest that we are looking at a picture of Todd Spiewak, Art Director, and his partner, Jim Parsons, Actor. I mean of course to point out that Todd is an accomplished man in his own right, not some 50s housewife waiting at home in his pinny to make Jim's dinner. ;)

My rule of thumb when attending auditions for ads was that the one that was dressed like an escaped lunatic was usually the Art Director, it rarely failed me.