The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

No, I think his character works at a hospital, but I don't think he's got HIV himself.  His character does supply a bit of comic relief in certain moments, apparently, from what Jim has said (Jimmy Fallon interview, maybe?) but that's about all I know about his role.

I remember reading somewhere that Tommy Boatwright was based on a real person who was a major  fundraiser for the cause,, but  who sadly committed suicide at a young age.  I wish I could find where I read that now, looked everywhere.

I see that Jim was not nominated for a tony award, does anyone think he would be bothered by that or not?

I don't think he'll be bothered by it. There was loads of snubs this year! He's in better company with the people that they left out!

Edited by the_shewwy

Jim's weight doesn't bother me right now.  It doesn't seem as bad as beginning of season 4 to me.

• Like 1

I'm am very interested in those glasses - why is he wearing his glasses so much of late?

Jim's weight doesn't bother me right now.  It doesn't seem as bad as beginning of season 4 to me.

I agree he certainly is thinner than season 5 into 6, but he looks OK at the moment.  

Loved him on K and M----don't normally watch the show but tuned in just for him. Great personality  and fun to watch as Jim the person

He mentioned the glasses as part of his 40 and feeling  the age. He wears them because he needs them

Edited by queuetee
  • Like 1

I don't think Jim is losing weight for his TNH role; his weight does tend to fluctuate a bit. I only hope he doesn't lose any more.. he's on the lower margin of acceptably slim, at this time.

I'm glad he talked of his sexuality the way he did, in this interview (and the one with Lopate a few days back). I've always felt he would be natural and casual about it, if asked - he wouldn't shy away from the question or make a big deal of it. I like that he compared it with hair color or anything else that's a natural part of a person.. that is the ideal way to look at it, IMO, and hopefully society is slowly evolving towards that outlook.

But yeah thinking about about it- perhaps it is the TNH role?  

He mentioned the glasses as part of his 40 and feeling  the age. He wears them because he needs them

Well at least that is put to rest now! I kind of thought that they might be prescription glasses. He doesn't seem the type to wear them out of vanity. :)

I'm am very interested in those glasses - why is he wearing his glasses so much of late?

He said on K and M that he has astigmatism and needs to wear glasses now. 

Loved him on K and M----don't normally watch the show but tuned in just for him. Great personality  and fun to watch as Jim the person

I was just going to mention that this morning--he's at that age now where the little things start cropping up.

I wore glasses as a child, in elementary school, but then after one exam my opthalmologist said I didn't need them anymore.  Didn't wear glasses again until I was in my last year of college or in grad school, but then only to read music.

I finally had to start wearing them at work when I started working on the comupter all day long--I was 36.

Finally ended up needing bifocals some years ago.  I don't remember how old I was, but I was over 40.

My prescription is still very mild, but I definitely feel it.

If he's worn glasses for only certain things, like maybe just for reading, it may be that he just needs them all the time now, or most of the time.  And it may be that he feels better wearing the glasses than he does wearing contacts for just everyday walking around.

I wonder if he wears contacts when they're taping the show, or how badly he needs the glasses.

His glasses look similar to mayim's to me.

I think those glasses are in fashion now. Everybody is wearing them.

The interview on kelly and michael was so good!  Kelly didn't even annoy me this time, lol.

Also, thank you stardust so much for posting the interview with Julie James.  Jim really is on fire with these interviews... enjoyed that one so much!

Edited by BazingaFan

Thanks for all the links! The Kelly interview was lovely, especially with Jim and Michael both fanboying over each other. :)

I'm really liking the glasses (not the least because I'm a glasses person myself, had them full-time since I was 9; I have astigmatism too). I think he looks a nice mix of cute and dignified, with them. Of course he could wear contacts (maybe he'll have to do that on the show, at some point), but I'm glad he decided to go with glasses in real life.

Star, thank you a lot for posting the interview. 

It was a very good interview. The hosts really knew how to handle and ask questions. ^^

Jim on Kelley and Michael this morning (May 1, 2013):

Jim on another radio show Broadway Names with Julie James May 1, 2013:

http://tumblr.com/Z2uXKuj_RS90

Thank you for the lovely interview. I love that he has the distance to himself, he can even joke of his visual impairment...it was so funny when he said that hdtv is for him now like 3d tv...  :icon_lol: 

• Like 1

I like how both Jim and Mayim talk about how much they enjoy working with each other :)

They never let an opportunity pass. I love it. :)

Jim can be so dryly funny. So many people have astigmatism, but his description of the 'dirty window' feeling and how suddenly everything's brighter and clearer after wearing correction (3d tv!) was spot on.

• Like 1

I LOVE the glasses. Very very sex on him

I've had glasses since 3rd grade. I thought everyone saw blurry. :p

I have astigmatism in both eyes and -10.

Really really bad eye sight.

I love tht Jim is wearing the glasses. Making glasses ppl proud :D

• Like 1