The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

I would love for him to write something as well. Or just ramble on for a long time! I like hearing him talk.

• Like 6

Variety's review of Elf:  http://variety.com/2014/tv/reviews/tv-review-elf-buddys-musical-christmas-1201376770/

"TV Review: Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas

Using stop-motion animation to cleverly create the feel of a holiday-special throwback, “Elf: Buddy’s Musical Christmas” — derived from the Will Ferrell movie and subsequent musical — turns out to be a whole lot of fun, proving yet again it’s hard to go wrong casting Jim Parsons in pretty much anything. Retelling the movie’s story with an assortment of songs from the musical, the one-hour special straddles that line between holiday cheer and irreverence, buoyed in part by a giddy, goofy look that nicely dovetails with Parsons’ take on the title character.

I'm so glad it got a good review. I've been wondering how people would react.

Our local TV guy said something stupid about not being able to get past Jim's voice because of the Sheldon associations. He said that he kept expecting to hear him say "Bazinga" at some point. :icon_rolleyes:

So excited! They did put a pic from the special on the front of our paper's TV listings. It's a scene of Buddy and Jovie ice skating. :)

• Like 2

Reminder that Jim will be on TODAY Show tomorrow.

I had a dr appt this morning, but I woke up a little early, so I was lounging in my bed when all of a sudden I thought, "Dang it! I'm missing Jim!" Then I realized that today was Monday...

I want to record his appearance, if possible, and I want to record the Elf special, so I have to find a tape I won't record over (yes, I deal in ancient artifacts...)

• Like 3

Reminder that Jim will be on TODAY Show tomorrow. 

Is it on NBC at 7:00 AM? I just wanna make sure I got the right one.

I think I'm gonna give up, too sleepy now and I don't know when Jim will show up. I hope there will be a video later.

He looked so handsome and cute at the same time. I have.told my coworkers to watch jim tonight with their kids.

• Like 3

I got up a little earlier and lounged on my "couch" with a cat waiting for him to show up.  I could have started getting ready for work, but it wasn't until after 8 that they finally said he'd be on at 8:17 or whatever.  By then I didn't have time to start getting ready or I'd have missed him.  Priorities, people! :p

He was cute, and when he talked about doing some children's theater, I guess when he was still in Houston, it reminded me of some talk show appearance, on Conan, maybe?, where he talked about doing children's theater before he'd lost most of his twang and he kind of demonstrated--"Hah, boys and gurls!"

I do wonder what kind of musicals or musical numbers he did back in the day.

"I'm singing!  It's almost Christmas and I'm singing!" :biggrin:

Edited by phantagrae

Am I the only one who watches his interviews with a stupid smile on their face while hanging on his every word?!?! :-)

Ummm.....NO.

He's just so endearing..

• Like 5