The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

For those in the UK that know about the show "blue peter" Jims pre recorded slot is due to show tomorrow at 525pm

Although a three minute q&a is available online right now from the BBC I player

One of the questions was what's his favorite animal and he said giraffe because they are tall and gangly but also graceful...... sounds a bit like Jim and Sheldon mixed together!

Edited by rachelshamyfan
  • Like 7

Jim is a famous actor, people adore him and  it's absolutely normal that the journalists also ask questions on his private life at time, he know that, he has said that these questions don't bother him at all,marriage and kids are not "unmentionable matters" , it's normal at times he can also speak about it, I really  don't understand why some fans seem to get annoyed so much about this.......

Edited by Shamyyy^-^
  • Like 1

I have a question: what is the difference between the show on preview from May 5th and the one after the actual opening on the 28th?

For those in the UK that know about the show "blue peter" Jims pre recorded slot is due to show tomorrow at 525pm

Although its available online right now from the BBC I player

One of the questions was what's his favorite animal and he said giraffe because they are tall and gangly but also graceful...... sounds a bit like Jim and Sheldon mixed together!

I've just checked my planned recordings, because I've a Jim Parsons wish list  :icon_biggrin:  and he's also on Good Morning Britain and then Lorraine tomorrow morning.   Then on Saturday there is a Home: Movie Special, a behind the scenes look, on 4Music.

• Like 2

Oohhhh thanks, I never usually have GMB on as I prefer BBC breakfast so I shall record the whole lot and watch it when I get home from work!

I have a question: what is the difference between the show on preview from May 5th and the one after the actual opening on the 28th?

I think that previews are where they're performing, but they may still be making changes to dialog, blocking, etc.  I think it allows them some feedback as to what works and what doesn't before they actually open and the critics come.

Jim is a famous actor, people adore him and it's absolutely normal that the journalists also ask questions on his private life at time, he know that, he has said that these questions don't bother him at all,marriage and kids are not "unmentionable matters" , it's normal at times he can also speak about it, I really don't understand why some fans seem to get annoyed so much about this.......

I don't think Jim has ever said that "Questions about my private life doesn't bother me" - we all know Jim is a private person and like to keep his private life private, and with all due respect...you gotta be blind to not notice the discomfort when Ellen confronted Jim about marriage last year. Words can be twisted in a printed interview but body language doesn't lie. And ofcourse Jim had to say he was okay with it now, what else would he have answered to that question? Its not like he could have said that "yes, Ellen annoyed me" just imagine what they would have done with that.

I like to know stuff about Jim too, but the way some reporters, like this one, try to turn the questions to get something out of Jim that will sell is just disgusting. .

• Like 6

I think that previews are where they're performing, but they may still be making changes to dialog, blocking, etc.  I think it allows them some feedback as to what works and what doesn't before they actually open and the critics come.

Ok thank you very much  :good:

Oh, God. So many things of Jim this past days! My love and admiration for him has grown exponentially lately. And he has become some sort of 'guide' to me, also, this past days. When he talked about his father's death I felt sorry for him, and figured it must have been hard to lose one of your parents so unexpectedly, and how he could keep on with his life and make his dreams come true, deserved all my respect. Now, this has another taste to me. Because I passed for a similar situation with my mother a couple days ago. And seeing all the pictures and videos of Jim has made me feel a lot better. Now I cherish him in ways I can't put in words, and thank him he has been 'accompanying' me, in a way, all this time I needed some distraction.
PS: Plus, seeing him looking so sexy did help a little bit :p
  • Like 9

Oh, God. So many things of Jim this past days! My love and admiration for him has grown exponentially lately. And he has become some sort of 'guide' to me, also, this past days. When he talked about his father's death I felt sorry for him, and figured it must have been hard to lose one of your parents so unexpectedly, and how he could keep on with his life and make his dreams come true, deserved all my respect. Now, this has another taste to me. Because I passed for a similar situation with my mother a couple days ago. And seeing all the pictures and videos of Jim has made me feel a lot better. Now I cherish him in ways I can't put in words, and thank him he has been 'accompanying' me, in a way, all this time I needed some distraction.
PS: Plus, seeing him looking so sexy did help a little bit :p

I fully understand this. This whole show has been a kind of life guide for me in the past year and I really don't think I would have headed in the direction I am going without it. It may sound crazy or strange but sometimes inspiration and encouragement can be found in the most surprising of places. 

I have also realized that Jim grows on me more and more with time. He always finds new ways to win us over!

• Like 2

What I think has been interesting is seeing how different groups react differently to Jim and to Rhianna.  The joke about Rhianna being in Jim's shadow (and Jim joking that it's the other way around) is pretty on point.

It seemed like the Cheryl woman in Plano was really a Rhianna fan and only kind of secondarily a JP fan and probably came to the contest by following Rhianna and hearing about it that way, similarly to how we, as primarily TBBT fans, came to it by following Jim.

I think there was one short video clip where JP and Rhi were helping pack boxes and you could hear one guy talking about how "real" Rhianna was, and it was almost as if Jim wasn't there, whereas if I'd been there, I would have totally focusing on Jim and what he was saying and doing. :)

And Jim's little comment about feeling like he was at a Rhianna concert was also part of that.  And then in other circles, it might be exactly the opposite, where all the TBBT fans would be drooling over Jim and Rhianna may or may not be as big a deal.. But then again, I'd never heard of Rhianna or any of her music before this movie (though I understand she'd done some acting before?), so to me she's interesting, but I don't have any real interest in her beyond this movie.

And I still can't believe that in a week I'm going to be in the SAME ROOM with him, BREATHING THE SAME AIR! :p

I'll have to inhale me some Jimmy goodness...

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 6

sorry, I don't think Jim is so ingenuous... he knows what to say and how to say something, nobody has seen his body language, therefore that he was so annoyed it's just a hypothesis.. to which personally I don't believe. Again, to me in its position sometimes it's normal  to answer to questions about marriage and kids.. I don't think he feels "violated" just for that.. 
Edited by Shamyyy^-^
  • Like 1

I don't think Jim has ever said that "Questions about my private life doesn't bother me" - we all know Jim is a private person and like to keep his private life private, and with all due respect...you gotta be blind to not notice the discomfort when Ellen confronted Jim about marriage last year. Words can be twisted in a printed interview but body language doesn't lie. And ofcourse Jim had to say he was okay with it now, what else would he have answered to that question? Its not like he could have said that "yes, Ellen annoyed me" just imagine what they would have done with that.

I like to know stuff about Jim too, but the way some reporters, like this one, try to turn the questions to get something out of Jim that will sell is just disgusting. .

His publicist would also put a stop to a bad interview if Jim was not happy. That's part of her job.

What I think has been interesting is seeing how different groups react differently to Jim and to Rhianna. The joke about Rhianna being in Jim's shadow (and Jim joking that it's the other way around) is pretty on point.

It seemed like the Cheryl woman in Plano was really a Rhianna fan and only kind of secondarily a JP fan and probably came to the contest by following Rhianna and hearing about it that way, similarly to how we, as primarily TBBT fans, came to it by following Jim.

I think there was one short video clip where JP and Rhi were helping pack boxes and you could hear one guy talking about how "real" Rhianna was, and it was almost as if Jim wasn't there, whereas if I'd been there, I would have totally focusing on Jim and what he was saying and doing. :)

And Jim's little comment about feeling like he was at a Rhianna concert was also part of that. And then in other circles, it might be exactly the opposite, where all the TBBT fans would be drooling over Jim and Rhianna may or may not be as big a deal.. But then again, I'd never heard of Rhianna or any of her music before this movie (though I understand she'd done some acting before?), so to me she's interesting, but I don't have any real interest in her beyond this movie.

And I still can't believe that in a week I'm going to be in the SAME ROOM with him, BREATHING THE SAME AIR! :p

You've got to report VERY LITTLE DETAIL to us after!!!!!

• Like 1

I know exactly how you feel. I was having the same "pinch me" moment when I went to a taping. Everything about the experience was amazing, but knowing Jim was within shouting distance was the part that was truly surreal.

• Like 4

Phanta At final curtain call, you need to start signing happy birthday!!

I really do hope they do something like that--I don't know if I could start it on my own...

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday, dear Jimmy Joe!

Happe Birthday to youuuuuuuu!

:p

I know exactly how you feel. I was having the same "pinch me" moment when I went to a taping. Everything about the experience was amazing, but knowing Jim was within shouting distance was the part that was truly surreal.

If only he would sign autographs at the show the way he does at other events, like at that Home premiere, or at other appearances... :(

What I think has been interesting is seeing how different groups react differently to Jim and to Rhianna.  The joke about Rhianna being in Jim's shadow (and Jim joking that it's the other way around) is pretty on point.

And Jim's little comment about feeling like he was at a Rhianna concert was also part of that.  And then in other circles, it might be exactly the opposite, where all the TBBT fans would be drooling over Jim and Rhianna may or may not be as big a deal.. But then again, I'd never heard of Rhianna or any of her music before this movie (though I understand she'd done some acting before?), so to me she's interesting, but I don't have any real interest in her beyond this movie.

oh, so cool, phanta you're going in his birthday! I hope there is cake, candles and happy birthday singing^^ can't believe he's turning 42, although, age is just a number they say. :)

I have to say i have really, no idea what Rihanna said, or what she wore, or what faces she was doing in all the interviews. My eyes know that they have to zoom in on Jim the moment they see him on screen lol

oh, so cool, phanta you're going in his birthday! I hope there is cake, candles and happy birthday singing^^ can't believe he's turning 42, although, age is just a number they say. :)

I have to say i have really, no idea what Rihanna said, or what she wore, or what faces she was doing in all the interviews. My eyes know that they have to zoom in on Jim the moment they see him on screen lol

I like what Jim was saying about comparing his singing her songs and the idea of people coming up and saying Bazinga, that one could be just as annoying as the other. :p

I have no frame of reference for her, like how famous she is or popular as a singer.  I don't know any of her songs--though Jim seems to!

As for Jim's birthday, I think it's fallen on taping night before, but I don't think they did anything at the taping for it.  I seem to recall a picture of Jim looking at a birthday cake or something, but I think it was taking during rehearsal week or whatever.  Or maybe his birthday fell during that week and not on taping night.  I don't know.

I just hope something fun happens--apart from the episode, which I know will be fun anyway! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Jim and Rihanna interviewed by Dish Nation's and The Kidd Kraddick Morning Show's Jenna Owens (0:48-1:34) and Jim walking down the red carpet by Jenna's coworker J-Si Chavez (4:05-4:15).

Am I the only one who's now also wondering about the anatomically correct-ness of the wax figures? LOL

• Like 2

On my Facebook just now, a video of Jim reading fan written poetry popped up. It's hysterical. I can't find the video on YouTube, but it is from The Hits Radio (UK?). Maybe somebody that is more tech savvy can figure out how to get it posted here?

On my Facebook just now, a video of Jim reading fan written poetry popped up. It's hysterical. I can't find the video on YouTube, but it is from The Hits Radio (UK?). Maybe somebody that is more tech savvy can figure out how to get it posted here?

It is already included in this blog post for anyone who wants to see it and any and all the other clips.

• Like 1

This might have already been asked, but the premiere of Home in LA on 3/22, is that open to the public at all? Trying to figure out if my friend and I should push our LA trip a day earlier to make it.