The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

Nice Q&A with The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/06/jim-parsons-home_n_7001376.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

"From Working With Rihanna To Playing God, Jim Parsons Is Having a Divine Moment"

For a few days in May, Jim Parsons will be three distinct things at once: a lovable physics nerd, a lovable alien and a lovable God. The eighth season of "The Big Bang Theory" comes to a close on May 7. Two days before that, Parsons will step onto the Broadway stage to play the Almighty in "An Act of God," which runs for 13 weeks. If you're feeling extra ambitious, make that a triple-header with "Home." Currently in theaters, DreamWorks' animated movie, in which a teenager (voiced by Rihanna) helps Parsons' lonely extraterrestrial, named Oh, adjust to life on Earth, debuted at No. 1 after opening on March 27. That doesn't leave the 42-year-old actor with much blank space on his calendar, but somewhere in there he'll need to squeeze in an Emmy campaign, in hopes of collecting his fifth statue for portraying Sheldon Cooper. HuffPost Entertainment caught up with Parsons in between the avalanche to ask how he balances it all.

• Like 7

Nice Q&A with The Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/06/jim-parsons-home_n_7001376.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment&ir=Entertainment

"From Working With Rihanna To Playing God, Jim Parsons Is Having a Divine Moment"

For a few days in May, Jim Parsons will be three distinct things at once: a lovable physics nerd, a lovable alien and a lovable God. The eighth season of "The Big Bang Theory" comes to a close on May 7. Two days before that, Parsons will step onto the Broadway stage to play the Almighty in "An Act of God," which runs for 13 weeks. If you're feeling extra ambitious, make that a triple-header with "Home." Currently in theaters, DreamWorks' animated movie, in which a teenager (voiced by Rihanna) helps Parsons' lonely extraterrestrial, named Oh, adjust to life on Earth, debuted at No. 1 after opening on March 27. That doesn't leave the 42-year-old actor with much blank space on his calendar, but somewhere in there he'll need to squeeze in an Emmy campaign, in hopes of collecting his fifth statue for portraying Sheldon Cooper. HuffPost Entertainment caught up with Parsons in between the avalanche to ask how he balances it all.

Very nice interview

• Like 5

From Us Magazine: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/eric-stonestreet-sends-sex-toys-to-jesse-tyler-ferguson-201574

Eric Stonestreet Sends Sex Toys to Jesse Tyler Ferguson: How Jim Parsons Is Involved

That's a Big Bang delivery! Jesse Tyler Ferguson told Meredith Vieira a hilarious story involving one of his Modern Family costars and fellow primetime television comedy star Jim Parsons.

(Eric told this story to Jimmy Kimmel a while ago, it's posted further back in this thread)

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 4

After seeing the video, I had to Google "Jim Parsons sex toys."

:icon_razz: God help me if anyone ever looks at my computer's search history! 

• Like 5

97242-andy-dwyer-happy-reaction-gif-0Fo4

also, im back bitches. school is almost ending and i missed yall's imagination :icon_cool:

Welcome back! 

With one of my favorite avatars....wet Jim.....I mean wet biceps....I meant...tshirt.....I mean...Yay! Bucket challenge! :no:

• Like 2

Welcome back! 

With one of my favorite avatars....wet Jim.....I mean wet biceps....I meant...tshirt.....I mean...Yay! Bucket challenge! :no:

Could you imagine if he did it NOW?  Holy hell - what a friggin' gun show we would see...

• Like 7

Dear lord... I think I could watch that gif of the bucket challenge a million times.

• Like 6

So was there some news related to Jim around April 9th, apart from the episode airing?

I stumbled across the timeslot for the Gracie Helbig show and I was looking up the date of Jim's appearance (the 17th, for those who may have forgotten, btw) and I was thinking that we had talked about him doing something on the 9th, like an interview or something, but I don't know if I was just mixed up or what.

Also, isn't he supposed to be in Entertainment Weekly?  I was trying to remember if it was just a short article or if he was on the cover or what it was about EW.

This is what happens when I don't write things down and I don't have time to scroll back several pages in this thread...I have a brain like a sieve.

So was there some news related to Jim around April 9th, apart from the episode airing?

I stumbled across the timeslot for the Gracie Helbig show and I was looking up the date of Jim's appearance (the 17th, for those who may have forgotten, btw) and I was thinking that we had talked about him doing something on the 9th, like an interview or something, but I don't know if I was just mixed up or what.

Also, isn't he supposed to be in Entertainment Weekly? I was trying to remember if it was just a short article or if he was on the cover or what it was about EW.

This is what happens when I don't write things down and I don't have time to scroll back several pages in this thread...I have a brain like a sieve.

I don't think he's supposed to do anything on the 9th... I usually write down in my calendar all of his appearances but I have nothing for tomorrow...

Home still bringing in audiences and new markets are due to open over the next couple of weeks with China opening Apr 24...a big market!   The foreign market numbers are not gathered daily but weekly so the number for foreign is unreflective of reality at this moment in time, which also affects the WW numbers overall.   It seems the film has been averaging around $4.4 Mil daily since the weekend and holding fairly strong (for example Furious 7 dropped nearly 63% since weekend, where Home actually went up  20% about since the weekend).   Good news!  Of course there are new films coming out but I don't think any are likely to be considered appropriate for all ages like Home is.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $104,134,831    55.4%Foreign:  $83,800,000    44.6% = Worldwide:  $187,934,831
Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 7

Home still bringing in audiences and new markets are due to open over the next couple of weeks with China opening Apr 24...a big market!   The foreign market numbers are not gathered daily but weekly so the number for foreign is unreflective of reality at this moment in time, which also affects the WW numbers overall.   It seems the film has been averaging around $4.4 Mil daily since the weekend and holding fairly strong (for example Furious 7 dropped nearly 63% since weekend, where Home actually went up  20% about since the weekend).   Good news!  Of course there are new films coming out but I don't think any are likely to be considered appropriate for all ages like Home is.

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $104,134,831    55.4%Foreign:  $83,800,000    44.6% = Worldwide:  $187,934,831

I've been listening to the Home soundtrack over and over lately.  I had to drive down 2 days in a row to the university where I teach, so it was nice to put the CD in and sing and bop my way along for the 45 minutes it takes to get there.  A couple of the songs really evoke the movie for me--Red Balloon is playing in the opening sequence ("Today is best day ever!") and it's very energetic and fun, and then "As Real as You and Me" and "Feel the Light" remind me of the end.

I was just thinking the other day that while I was very interested and eager to see the movie from the first we ever heard about it (when it was called "Happy Smek Day" or whatever, back in about 2012-13 and once I saw the trailers and stuff I thought it looked cute and funny.  I was thinking maybe it might be a little silly or something because of all the emphasis on "My hand are in the air like I just do not care" and because of Steve Martin in that "Almost Home" video.

But then I came across the music video they did to JLo's song "Feel the Light" and it was so poignant and emotional that I was immediately hooked.  I wanted to hug poor little Oh and just got emotionally drawn into what might be happening in the movie.

And of course, it is emotional and not just funny.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet seen it, but there's one moment where Oh is torn between wanting to go after Tip and wanting to escape and I just love that you can really see it in his face and his demeanor.

I can't wait for it to come to DVD so I can watch it over and over without looking like a junkie at the theater! :p

Also, isn't he supposed to be in Entertainment Weekly?  I was trying to remember if it was just a short article or if he was on the cover or what it was about EW.

He is in the May edition of Vanity Fair according to @jimparsons_official instagram

He is in the May edition of Vanity Fair according to @jimparsons_official instagram

Aw, so maybe that's what I was thinking of!

Phanta, I cannot wait for the DVD as well, but it is good that it is still holding strong in the BO...means more $$ for all of them, but most of all I am happy for Katzenberg because he needed this win for DreamWorks Animation.   It has helped them out tremendously and I really do think China will be yet another burst of success.

• Like 1

Variety is predicting that "Furious 7" will continue to be the #1 movie this weekend.  The only new wide-release this weekend is the Nicholas Sparks chick-flic "The Longest Ride".  Variety says that "Home" and "The Longest Ride" will complete for the #2 weekend spot, with "Home" winning the weekend by a slight margin.  

I am so happy for Jim that his first movie in which he has a starring (abet voice) role is such a big success. I totally agree with you Star, about how significant this is for Dreamworks and Jeffry Katzenberg. 

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/furious-7-box-office-the-longest-ride-1201468378/

With men gravitating toward “Furious 7,” “The Longest Ride” will try to monopolize women and date-night crowds. It should strain tear ducts to the tune of $14 million and will jockey with DreamWorks Animation’s “Home” for a second-place finish. The animated film should end the weekend with around $15 million.

• Like 1

Variety is predicting that "Furious 7" will continue to be the #1 movie this weekend.  The only new wide-release this weekend is the Nicholas Sparks chick-flic "The Longest Ride".  Variety says that "Home" and "The Longest Ride" will complete for the #2 weekend spot, with "Home" winning the weekend by a slight margin.  

I am so happy for Jim that his first movie in which he has a starring (abet voice) role is such a big success. I totally agree with you Star, about how significant this is for Dreamworks and Jeffry Katzenberg. 

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/furious-7-box-office-the-longest-ride-1201468378/

With men gravitating toward “Furious 7,” “The Longest Ride” will try to monopolize women and date-night crowds. It should strain tear ducts to the tune of $14 million and will jockey with DreamWorks Animation’s “Home” for a second-place finish. The animated film should end the weekend with around $15 million.

I'm so glad for Jim that it's doing so well, especially because he had that initial fear that he didn't have a cute enough voice for such a cute character.

Silly Jimmy!

I think that his performance is so much more than just cute, though, and I think that fact combined with Rhianna's very good job as Tip and the way the two characters interact is what makes this movie so appealing.  I don't care whether or not critics think that adults might not like it as much as some other animated movies that wink at the adults more.

I don't think that a movie has to necessarily aim at adults in order for the whole family to enjoy it--or just adults like myself.  The last time I went (yes, I've seen it 3 times...) there were more adults than children and the adults were laughing more than the kids were at times. :)

I think a plus it has is that families can go together and all enjoy it.  That's a big plus for a lot of markets.  It's sometimes hard to find a movie like that.  This is one I would happily sit through with my parents if they were here, unlike a lot of movies where there's so much sex and bare boobs that I'd be a bit embarrassed to see with my old-fashioned parents.

Anyway, I'm so happy that it's doing well and I hope that it's just a jumping off point for more varied work for Jim at every point.

aww such great news all around for Jim! i'm so proud! He's a real artist and is showing! I can't wait for his play in Broadway to begin. I hope the critics give good reviews (i'm almost certain he'll do a great job, he sounds confident in the interviews) and that way the haters can stop saying he's suited to only play Sheldon...  :cool:

• Like 1

I have brought a planned trip tp New York forward by a few months (well a year really so the trip will be shorter) and booked by ticket to the show.  Just have to restrain myself from going a second time :icon_razz:

• Like 1

So right now I'm in Georgia at FLETC for training and there is a shuttle on the weekend that will take us to the mall and movie theater. I will definitely be seeing Home this weekend. I can't wait!!

I have brought a planned trip tp New York forward by a few months (well a year really so the trip will be shorter) and booked by ticket to the show. Just have to restrain myself from going a second time :icon_razz:

I'm going July 25th when are you?