The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

I just saw home. The soundtrack was awesome, the animation was superb, it was very funny and sweet. Jim might be headed to the Oscars next year if it gets nominated.

• Like 8

Home is on French movie theaters this Wednesday :)

Planning to go and see it with my daughter but that will be with the French voices :(

Can't wait to have it in DVD so that I can switch to English !!

• Like 1

I watched Home yesterday, it was a great movie! Really cute! I was glad I could find a session with the original voices, for animation movies it's almost impossible here in Brazil. It was lovely to hear Jim's voice, he did a great job!

• Like 5

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my sister made a project for school on tbbt and I wanted to share this picture with you guys  :shy: (hope it works this is my first time trying to post a pic...)

• Like 6

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my sister made a project for school on tbbt and I wanted to share this picture with you guys :shy: (hope it works this is my first time trying to post a pic...)

[attachment=tbbt_project.jpg]

How come we never got to do fun things like this when I was in school?

• Like 3

yea I saw that.....kinda stupid JMO but this season hasn't been a great SNL season...but props to HOME making it high enough to get made fun of

• Like 1

so just walked by the theater (Studio 54) where "Act of God" will be in just a few weeks.....It is two avenues away from my office....I seriously do not know how I will function knowing Jim is so damn close for some many months!! I am going May 30th....but I'm pretty sure I'll be making almost daily trips there....

Do it!!

• Like 1

Off topic here, but I figured if anyone could help me it'd be you guys. :) I have been searching for the source of this gif set for months, is it a video, a photo shoot? Any help?

tumblr_lylwkxKyi51qhlfm8o1_400.gif

SNL did a parody from Home trailer

This was pretty bad actually and honestly it completely missed the message of the movie.   I agree with Kerry, the writing has suffered tremendously this season.   That entire episode was pretty lame, but this sketch was probably one of their worst yet.   Home is about NOT putting labels on people and their whole skit was about labeling and race.   UGH!

• Like 1

so just walked by the theater (Studio 54) where "Act of God" will be in just a few weeks.....It is two avenues away from my office....I seriously do not know how I will function knowing Jim is so damn close for some many months!!  I am going May 30th....but I'm pretty sure I'll be making almost daily trips there....

Well, you know, walking is good for you, so if you walked by the theater every day, it would just be the healthy thing to do... ;0)

• Like 6

SNL did a parody from Home trailer

Can't see the video ("The uploader has not made this video available in your country.")  :(

ETA:  I dug it up on YT.  Crappy quality, but I could see it.

Meh.  I guess they couldn't have that guy saying Jim's "hands in the air..." line exactly how Jim said it, but there was one line where that guy sounded like Jim--when he said, "Do I have to be here for this?", but I guess they were trying to mock the Rhianna connection by saying all these hip-hop people would be in the sequel (and Sofia Vergara?), but it was all kind of strident and trying way too hard to squeeze comedy out of a very thin idea.

I didn't really find it funny though because there weren't any funny lines, really.  "Let's just do a bunch of hip-hop over-the-top antics and have 'Jim' stand there looking stunned!" :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

I think that would scare the crap out of him.

Yeah, I think he would love to be a presenter, but I don't know if he'd want to be in the big chair for that, especially while doing a one-man (essentially) production.  He will have just started regular performances at the time and hosting the Tonys would be a big job.

• Like 3

I personally doubt it will be Jim.  I'm predicting Colbert or Corden.  

Nice that his name is seriously being bandied about.

• Like 3

This is amazing but I dont know, I like him a lot but I dont see him in that... I wish he do it, but at the same time its so difficult. It's a big step.

Edit: He needs more experiencie, in my opinion.

(Sorry, bad english)

Edited by Carlilla