The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

i don't know if exactly friends, but he posted a NY Times article praising her job, a while ago. and one of his personal friends is Grace's manager... so... there's a possible reason why he was there ;) he likes her, that's for sure.

Edited by Andy_90's_generation

I thought Jim was fine on the Grace Helbig show.  I think he knew about her and her YouTube thing--maybe he even followed her or something because he seemed to know about her when he congratulated her over her coverage in the NYT.

I don't think he was at all perplexed or surprised by Miranda Sings, either, and was simply playing along, pretending to be confused by her and that weird handshake moment and all that.  She's obviously a caricature and he knew it.

I loved the Whelp! game--and he is always so miffed when he loses a question and happy when he gets it right--and so super happy when he wins!

His table tennis game was really funny, too and I love that he happily wore the little "crown" and was excited to get the Miranda Sings videos on his IG.

Lots of fun all around!

Jim knows about her through her manager.   He is friends with her manager and that is how he knew about her.  He was helping out his friend, but also helping Grace get her show some recognition.   But Grace also had over 2 million YouTube followers so she was well known in her own right.   She will probably do well on E!   

I think the thing with Miranda Sings was just for fun...that they pretended to act awkward at first, etc.  Her real name is Colleen Ballinger, by the way.  Miranda Sings was her YT handle and now she uses it I think as a stage name.

Edited by stardustmelody

Okay, thanks for the info Star. That puts it in perspective. I've only seen the small clip put on here.

I don't think Miranda sings or Grace was funny but I'm not a kid either. My 13 Yr old knows Miranda sings and thought she was funny idk.

Grace's manager is his best friend Melissa's husband.

I know that Miranda Sings but is an over the top character, but I guess you can count me in the old category, I found her highly annoying. Grace is fine, I can handle her. I think she's kind of sweet.

I don't think we will know what Jim thinks about Miranda Sings because he's just too gracious to be rude or unfriendly, unless she was being rude. He will go along with something even if he hates it, like that electrified ball.

• Like 3

You're not the only one, mamallama... I'm only 23 but Miranda Sings grated on my nerves in the worst way. Jim is a bigger person than I, I couldn't have done it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just purchased my tickets for AN ACT OF GOD.  Could you hear me yelling all the way from Chicago? You know I'm devoted because I don't fly and I'm taking the Amtrak to NYC. Hubby wouldn't go with me so I'm dragging my brother along.  Just wonder how many episodes of BBT I can describe to him on the 21-hour trip?

• Like 7

Just purchased my tickets for AN ACT OF GOD.  Could you hear me yelling all the way from Chicago? You know I'm devoted because I don't fly and I'm taking the Amtrak to NYC. Hubby wouldn't go with me so I'm dragging my brother along.  Just wonder how many episodes of BBT I can describe to him on the 21-hour trip?

I am not only jealous that you are going to the play but I am also jealous that you are going on the train! 

• Like 2

good for you!

Awesome news, PatsyR!   So glad you get to go see Jim and yes, envious of the train ride.  I love them as well.   I hope you have a wonderful time while in NY and safe travels to and fro.

i think this numbers are very good, right? it gave the chance to Dreamworks to recuperate 100% his investment in this movie... 

We will know more after April 30th when their first quarter results come out.   While the numbers are definitely good numbers, what a film budget amount is differs from actual final delivery numbers.   The budget numbers are for the making of the film and a preliminary marketing cost.   But there are additional marketing costs and distribution costs that come after that budget amount.   So hard to say how profitable it is yet, but it is definitely looking good because these are just BO numbers so far.   Also you have to take in consideration that it yet to open in all markets.   It opens in China next week which is a big market and could cause a second resurgence in the US as well if they have a positive reaction in China.  So I would say they are very, very positive results thus far.   Again, April 30th will give us an indication of what the stockholders and investors think about the numbers.

• Like 4

We will know more after April 30th when their first quarter results come out.   While the numbers are definitely good numbers, what a film budget amount is differs from actual final delivery numbers.   The budget numbers are for the making of the film and a preliminary marketing cost.   But there are additional marketing costs and distribution costs that come after that budget amount.   So hard to say how profitable it is yet, but it is definitely looking good because these are just BO numbers so far.   Also you have to take in consideration that it yet to open in all markets.   It opens in China next week which is a big market and could cause a second resurgence in the US as well if they have a positive reaction in China.  So I would say they are very, very positive results thus far.   Again, April 30th will give us an indication of what the stockholders and investors think about the numbers.

OIC. So China is the key lol  i hope it does good. As i hope Jim to have an awesome summer in Broadway, i'm 99.9% he will ;)

OIC. So China is the key lol  i hope it does good. As i hope Jim to have an awesome summer in Broadway, i'm 99.9% he will ;)

I think the thing with Home is that it is going to do a huge amount of DVD sales.  It is one of those families will want to watch over and over and kids will want.  So the BO numbers I had always expected would be lower than the video sales numbers.  The fact that the BO numbers are so high is a really, really good thing.   Video sales should be really well and that is where huge profits will be realized.

• Like 1

Do u know when its coming out on DVD?

No, but given that it is releasing in foreign markets still all the way until the end of May, I doubt it will be anytime soon.   They will exhaust the BO market first likely and then release.   It still has some markets opening through the end of May...but China's is next week and that is the last of the larger markets I would say for the film.   But if it does well in China, it could do well for a few weeks there and cause a resurgence in the US based on their reaction.     But on the heels of the China release comes Avengers: Age of Ultron releasing May 1 that will definitely dominate BO along with continued domination by Furious 7....so I would say China may give a one week boost at most and then it is probably going to make smaller BOX numbers and will start fading out of some markets and theaters domestically.   Once that happens they will look at DVD release dates.  So far there is no announced date or even discussion about a DVD release.

One thing I will point out is that it has out performed any similar type of film in its genre.   It has really done very well in the box office and I am sure the honchos at DreamWorks Animation are quite happy with the numbers thus far.

I noticed Amazon Instant Video has it for pre-order, but no DVD or Blu-Ray yet. Also, there's no date when the streaming version might be available.

Edited by Gorn on the sofa

I noticed Amazon Instant Video has it for pre-order, but no DVD or Blu-Ray yet. Also, there's no date when the streaming version might be available.

Yep...they want to milk all they can from BO first probably.   I suspect they are packaging for DVD/Blu-Ray already though and will possibly release streaming around the same time or maybe even after if they want to milk those sales as well first.

• Like 1