The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

ThatsWonderfulProds_ImSpecialProject.png

Jim will be at the book launching event for Ryan O'Connell's "I'm Special:  And Other Lies We Tell Ourselves" book on June 15, 2015.   See More.

I think I'll go!

• Like 2

The phone call...priceless!    Thanks for your recount! :)

So was Todd sitting up front during the play or was he just picking Jim up?

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

The phone call...priceless!    Thanks for your recount! :)

So was Todd sitting up front during the play or was he just picking Jim up?

i didn't see todd inside or up the front but he was sitting in the backseat of the car so either he did see the show but i just didn't see him or he must've waited around then got in the car later :p 

but yea that part was hilarious...no problem :) 

• Like 1

Hmmm, if it didn't happen during the matinee, I wonder if it's a staged bit they do if a phone actually does go off during the play. The person whose phone the angel Michael took was sitting front orchestra right.

Some people seated in the front showed up about 5 mins late and Jim had a comment all ready for that. He's so smooth, he doesn't miss a beat.

I can't wait to see it again on the 30th.

• Like 9

Hmmm, if it didn't happen during the matinee, I wonder if it's a staged bit they do if a phone actually does go off during the play. The person whose phone the angel Michael took was sitting front orchestra right.

Some people seated in the front showed up about 5 mins late and Jim had a comment all ready for that. He's so smooth, he doesn't miss a beat.

I can't wait to see it again on the 30th.

Since they're in previews, they must be working on that phone bit, and maybe having something ready for the latecomers.  The phone person could be a staged bit, and maybe even the latecomers I guess.  But I guess it would depend on the nature of the comments he makes.

Anyway, sounds like a fun bit.

• Like 1

Could not agree more, both of them are amazing and yes he absolutely deserves a tony! He plays the audience so well like even if a joke doesn't exactly hit he knows just how to move it along smoothly so it never feels stagnant or awkward, comedy suits him so well :) 

https://instagram.com/p/2pmTBXFNiE/?taken-by=miajabara i got this video (you can hear me talking to him at the end while he signs my playbill and i know i didn't capture it but he was looking at me and smiling while he thanked me *dies*  :wub: ) and all the pics i took of jim were screenshots of the video haha but i do have a todd picture...i just have to find a way to upload it somehow :p

He actually looks happy out there signing autographs! That is really nice. You see a lot of actors working the autograph line and many are polite but you can tell it is just a job for them. Jim sounded sincere in his thanks.

• Like 6

Could not agree more, both of them are amazing and yes he absolutely deserves a tony! He plays the audience so well like even if a joke doesn't exactly hit he knows just how to move it along smoothly so it never feels stagnant or awkward, comedy suits him so well :) 

https://instagram.com/p/2pmTBXFNiE/?taken-by=miajabara i got this video (you can hear me talking to him at the end while he signs my playbill and i know i didn't capture it but he was looking at me and smiling while he thanked me *dies*  :wub: ) and all the pics i took of jim were screenshots of the video haha but i do have a todd picture...i just have to find a way to upload it somehow :p

So glad you had a great time. I am very tempted to go see him twice. How was Kunals show?

• Like 5

With these reports, I can't help but think that Jim would have made a wonderful stand-up if he wasnt so happy and well adjusted.

• Like 1

Would love to be in NYC at the moment :(

You lucky, lucky guys, thank you so much for sharing this with us :)

• Like 2

I love what Jim said on Kelly & Michael the other day about how the audience is the missing character in every play, even if you're sitting there like a curmudgeon.

That might be one of the reasons he's always so excited to see the fans lined up.  It's part of his whole theater experience.

And no one wants to perform in a vaccuum.  You've prepared and worked and worked to make it just right, to hit all the right notes, to get the punchlines just right or the emotions or whatever, and the whole reason is so that an audience can appreciate it, experience it.  And because it's not on film, it only exists in that form for that one moment for that particular audience.  As a musician, I can relate to that aspect.

I'm sure that's part of the charge he gets out of it, and part of what makes him so grateful for that audience.

Plus, he's just a sweetie pie!

Did I read somewhere here that his mom or sister attended or did I dream that?  I've been taking medication that makes me sleepy and I can't keep track... (Fortunately I'm done with it now.)

Anyway, I wonder what is mom would/does think about the content or how proud she is of Jim up there, doing what he loves, carrying the whole show himself.  Man, what a year or two he's had!

• Like 5

Not the greatest pic but this was the best I could do in the dark :p

just..  WOW ! ahahah thanks for that!  ;)

• Like 2