The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

Wow. The photo is on a studio or on the street? Because is too perfect. And the flower??

It was in Texas...when he was there for the Home Premiere.   It just shows him, but to the right of him were Rihanna and the winner of the contest.   They were walking together and a fan had given him the rose.

11055934_918486941527268_1871780198_n.jp

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 6

11325115_659073244222811_1927987337_n.jp

Jim on IG: "

Yes, this is playing in my dressing room mere seconds from taking the stage to play God. #mysteriousways"

What in the world LOL?

Edited by MsTeller

11325115_659073244222811_1927987337_n.jp

Jim on IG: "

Yes, this is playing in my dressing room mere seconds from taking the stage to play God. #mysteriousways"

What in the world LOL?

He's being ironic...#mysteriousways as in God acts in mysterious ways.

David Javerbaum wrote the play.  He is also God on Twitter (@the tweet of God).  The "God" Twitter account has almost 2 million followers, but only follows one person, Justin Bieber.  He tweets about Bieber all the time...it's all a joke.

Anyone see that comment Jim left on his trainers video?

When he dedicated the post to Jim, I thought his comment "get some rest, I'll see you on Friday" was interesting.  Made me wonder if he had worked with Jim this morning and if Jim is working with him 3 days a week, like he was with his trainer in LA

• Like 4

He's being ironic...#mysteriousways as in God acts in mysterious ways.

David Javerbaum wrote the play.  He is also God on Twitter (@the tweet of God).  The "God" Twitter account has almost 2 million followers, but only follows one person, Justin Bieber.  He tweets about Bieber all the time...it's all a joke.

When he dedicated the post to Jim, I thought his comment "get some rest, I'll see you on Friday" was interesting.  Made me wonder if he had worked with Jim this morning and if Jim is working with him 3 days a week, like he was with his trainer in LA

Ahhh I see LOL! I would guess that he is working with the trainer while working on the play. He never sits still does he?

• Like 1

Nope. he never stops! I have to go to school and then is my time to cook dinner, and already feel i need a weekend in a spa or something lol

that pic of Bieber was an irony, later An Act of God tweeted it... but he got some rude comments because of that  :icon_neutral:

his premiere is getting close! I would imagine he's going to appear in some talk shows??? It's too much work for him, but since he seems to be the Enegizer bunny, i hope we see him somewhere :)

This is such a random thing to add but the song Hallelujah by Panic! at the disco is the perfect pump up song for going to see An Act of God :p I was listening to it while i was getting ready to go to see the show and it really gets you in the mood haha not only is it kinda 'god' related but the word hallelujah is the only way to describe the feeling of seeing our lord jim in person :D 

@hummingbird weoww enjoy yourself!! Have a great time :) 

Apparently Jim is going to be on the Today show on the 28th, along with David Duchovny--win/win for me! :)

I hope Jim does some of the NY nighttime talk shows around the 28th as well.  Or the other morning shows.

Is this his summer jacket?  Every photo will be him and the jacket.  I may make a collage at the end of the run.

Is this his summer jacket?  Every photo will be him and the jacket.  I may make a collage at the end of the run.

It's cute, but in the photos it looks like it's made of rubber or something.  I guess maybe it's some kind of nylon, a windbreaker or whatever, but the texture looks rubbery to me.  :p

Nice little Q&A from WhereTravler.com:  http://www.wheretraveler.com/new-york-city/jim-parsons-returns-broadway

Jim Parsons Returns to Broadway

Loved this little bit:

Q: Are there restaurants you’re dying to eat in?

A: When I did The Normal Heart, Todd and I used the hell out of Joe Allen. I think we ate there four times a week. Todd and I both love to eat; we’re the kind of couple who talk at lunch about where we are going for dinner.

I loved this quote! 

The part about his dad just almost killed me. His support for Jim was just beautiful and it makes me incredibly sad that he did not get to see how well Jim is doing now.

• Like 7

Sweet IG from Jim

therealjimparsons

46 minutes ago

View from Studio 54 of the people watching the guests of Letterman's last show exit the building #farewellDave

11282216_821225584635656_820180345_n.jpg

The stage door of The David Letterman Show (The Ed Sullivan Theater) is next door to the stage door of Studio 54

(Edited...thanks nonchinc)

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 1

Actually, they're next door to one another on the same side of the street.  Letterman would be exiting from the upper left hand side of the photo.

Actually, they're next door to one another on the same side of the street.  Letterman would be exiting from the upper left hand side of the photo.

Edited my post, thanks

Nice little Q&A from WhereTravler.com:  http://www.wheretraveler.com/new-york-city/jim-parsons-returns-broadway

Jim Parsons Returns to Broadway

Q: Are there restaurants you’re dying to eat in?

A: When I did The Normal Heart, Todd and I used the hell out of Joe Allen. I think we ate there four times a week. Todd and I both love to eat; we’re the kind of couple who talk at lunch about where we are going for dinner.

- Oh dear, Jim Parsons and food. 2 stuff I love. Put them together and it's more than bliss for me. Todd, you lucky duck...

Q: Your dad passed away in 2001. What would he think of your success?

A: He’d be thrilled. I have to say my dad was probably the more supportive parent. He was the one who used to say, “Why have we worked so hard to put our kids in school to discourage them from what they want to do?” My mother more expressly worried about my future. I remember one time when I was in grad school, I was home and they were talking in another room, and my mother said to my dad: “Do we have any investments?” And I saw Dad point to me in the kitchen.

- Dad is soooo right.

Q: What will your life will be like after Big Bang ends?

A: I will keep acting. I have yet to get the writing and directing pull. Of course, I would love to do more film work, since I haven’t done much on that front. But the thing that gives me the most joy is live theater; that’s the most fertile ground for an actor.

- I will watch anything with and done by Jim friggin' Parsons.

Q: This is your third Broadway show in the past few years. How do you feel being back in NYC?

A: Before I was on Big Bang, I spent about six years in and out of New York City, and I loved living here—even in unemployment. And there is nothing like being a working actor in New York. It is a thrill like no other. You feel like part of an electric current. And, of course, being on Broadway is just a dream fulfilled.

- I love his humility of admitting he was unemployed at some point. Lots of actors wouldn't admit that out of embarrassment and self-preservation. Jim is friggin' genuine.

• Like 5

Q: Your dad passed away in 2001. What would he think of your success?
A: He’d be thrilled. I have to say my dad was probably the more supportive parent. He was the one who used to say, “Why have we worked so hard to put our kids in school to discourage them from what they want to do?” My mother more expressly worried about my future. I remember one time when I was in grad school, I was home and they were talking in another room, and my mother said to my dad: “Do we have any investments?” And I saw Dad point to me in the kitchen.

awwwww!♥♥♥♥
  • Like 1

Not much new here, but Jim did another 30 second commercial airing this summer for Houston.   

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4