The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

I wonder how he fits in the big picture, like is he in on the evil goings on, or is simply another person who doesn't believe her wild stories.

if her pregnancy has to do with what's going on, like if "the evil" wants her baby somehow, he could be working to assure that her baby is born in the house or whatever.  Dying to know what the doctor has to do besides tell her nothing's wrong.

Hmm, I don't know...I kinda want to see him as part of the evil goings on...

Jim and Todd went diner last night with Ryan O'connell and he said what Todd isnt on IG. All know he is on IG. Maybe Todd is tired of absurds comments and Jim is not on IG too much because that.

• Like 2

Hmm, I don't know...I kinda want to see him as part of the evil goings on...

I feel Jim has a larger part. I think the hooded figure may be him

• Like 1

Jim and Todd went diner last night with Ryan O'connell and he said what Todd isnt on IG. All know he is on IG. Maybe Todd is tired of absurds comments and Jim is not on IG too much because that.

Yeah, I feel terrible for Todd, getting the abuse from crazy Majim shippers. It's quite ridiculous, this whole RL shipping a gay man with a straight woman and blaming Todd for the reason it can't come true.:icon_rolleyes:

• Like 6

Yeah, I feel terrible for Todd, getting the abuse from crazy Majim shippers. It's quite ridiculous, this whole RL shipping a gay man with a straight woman and blaming Todd for the reason it can't come true.:icon_rolleyes:

Well, in a way, Todd is "to blame" by the fact that he's with Jim. Pretty sure If you'd ask Jim himself "Why are you not with Mayim?" his answer would be something around "Because I'm with Todd" or "Cause I'm in love with Todd" rather than "Because I'm gay". Thats more Jim, when the answer can be explained with love he'd  take that before bringing up labels. And it's kind of proven by the fact that when a girl asked Bill Prady on twitter if she could date Jim, Bill answered "Jim's taken", not "Jim's gay". And when Mayim was confronted about the Majim ship on insta, she also answered without bringing up the Gay- aspect. Think those two, knowing Jim better than many people, only would be confident to answer in his place if they knew Jim would have answered the same way. 

And I know it can come as a surprise to some, but the Jodd shippers share just as much blame as to why Todd don't like insta as the Majim shippers do. It was a Jodd that brought a camera to Jim's and Todd's house and posted the whole documentation on insta after. It was a Jodd who went on Todd's moms facebook, took a private family pic and posted on instagram, which Todd later found out about and requested to be taken down. It's the Jodds that have open discussions in comment sections where they are speculating about Jim's and Todd's private live, tagging them in comments where they are pushing them to get married and have babies, a girl even jokely suggested that Todd should "rape" Jim so they could have babies.

Sure, it was Majim shippers who went crazy under the ice bucket challenge pic where Mayim said they would "do it", and yes, it was Majim shippers who started that hate account towards Todd a year ago, where Todd had to interact and ask them to stop tagging him. But Todd have also reacted towards Jodd accounts, asking them to not tag him in everything. And there's no wonder. If you go a Jodd-account on instagram what you mostly will find is pictures taking by paparazzis, or private people taking candid shots of them when they're at a restuarant or at the theatre, which they have the nerves to tag both Jim and Todd in. Like Jim and Todd would want to see this or be reminded about that they no longer have a private life and can't go on a date together without getting photographed. Some people don't get that Todd's account is private for a reason, and that Jim stopped tagging him for a reason, and I doubt some people will get that Ryan's hashtag was a subdued reminder to people that Todd's account is not open, and it's not for everyone to use his name.

And those "some people", are not just Majim shippers...  

• Like 9

Well, in a way, Todd is "to blame" by the fact that he's with Jim. Pretty sure If you'd ask Jim himself "Why are you not with Mayim?" his answer would be something around "Because I'm with Todd" or "Cause I'm in love with Todd" rather than "Because I'm gay". Thats more Jim, when the answer can be explained with love he'd  take that before bringing up labels. And it's kind of proven by the fact that when a girl asked Bill Prady on twitter if she could date Jim, Bill answered "Jim's taken", not "Jim's gay". And when Mayim was confronted about the Majim ship on insta, she also answered without bringing up the Gay- aspect. Think those two, knowing Jim better than many people, only would be confident to answer in his place if they knew Jim would have answered the same way. 

And I know it can come as a surprise to some, but the Jodd shippers share just as much blame as to why Todd don't like insta as the Majim shippers do. It was a Jodd that brought a camera to Jim's and Todd's house and posted the whole documentation on insta after. It was a Jodd who went on Todd's moms facebook, took a private family pic and posted on instagram, which Todd later found out about and requested to be taken down. It's the Jodds that have open discussions in comment sections where they are speculating about Jim's and Todd's private live, tagging them in comments where they are pushing them to get married and have babies, a girl even jokely suggested that Todd should "rape" Jim so they could have babies.

Sure, it was Majim shippers who went crazy under the ice bucket challenge pic where Mayim said they would "do it", and yes, it was Majim shippers who started that hate account towards Todd a year ago, where Todd had to interact and ask them to stop tagging him. But Todd have also reacted towards Jodd accounts, asking them to not tag him in everything. And there's no wonder. If you go a Jodd-account on instagram what you mostly will find is pictures taking by paparazzis, or private people taking candid shots of them when they're at a restuarant or at the theatre, which they have the nerves to tag both Jim and Todd in. Like Jim and Todd would want to see this or be reminded about that they no longer have a private life and can't go on a date together without getting photographed. Some people don't get that Todd's account is private for a reason, and that Jim stopped tagging him for a reason, and I doubt some people will get that Ryan's hashtag was a subdued reminder to people that Todd's account is not open, and it's not for everyone to use his name.

Wow, first of all I did not know that a Majim shipper actually asked Bill such a thing and that he actually answered it...

But basically, your post just confirms to me how creepy RL shipping can be, whether the couple is actually together or not. I know that Todd being with Jim is one of things that makes romantic Majim impossible, but even if Jim was single, he'd still only have eyes for men, so it'd still be impossible. If it sounds like I'm putting a lot of emphasis on labeling then I apologize. I also don't wish that people were restricted by labels but the fact is that Jim himself has called himself a gay man on many occasions and has never professed any attraction to women at all.

And yeah, I know that shippers are not the only people who post weird things on Jim and Todd social media . There are unfortunately lots of trolls out there, and Jim has spoken that if he could change something he'd want a world without internet trolls. Whenever I watch a Youtube video with Jim in it, all too often do I see homophobic trolls who leave the nastiest comments. It's quite disgusting and just makes me mad.

• Like 3

Wow, first of all I did not know that a Majim shipper actually asked Bill such a thing and that he actually answered it...

But basically, your post just confirms to me how creepy RL shipping can be, whether the couple is actually together or not. I know that Todd being with Jim is one of things that makes romantic Majim impossible, but even if Jim was single, he'd still only have eyes for men, so it'd still be impossible. If it sounds like I'm putting a lot of emphasis on labeling then I apologize. I also don't wish that people were restricted by labels but the fact is that Jim himself has called himself a gay man on many occasions and has never professed any attraction to women at all.

And yeah, I know that shippers are not the only people who post weird things on Jim and Todd social media . There are unfortunately lots of trolls out there, and Jim has spoken that if he could change something he'd want a world without internet trolls. Whenever I watch a Youtube video with Jim in it, all too often do I see homophobic trolls who leave the nastiest comments. It's quite disgusting and just makes me mad.

Majim shippers are living in a fantasy land anyway.  Perhaps they feel that gay people can become straight if they met the right woman (or man).  Unfortunately, the internet has brought out the trolls, whether it's for celebrities, politicians (if you read newspaper articles and read some of the comments) and again it is because the internet is anonymous.  You can say things and figure you can get away with it unless you are called on it.

I just hope the level of disrespect from fans on instgram don't escalate even more. Not just for jim, but for mayim and todd too. Because none of the three of them can be blamed for anything.

• Like 3

I just hope the level of disrespect from fans on instgram don't escalate even more. Not just for jim, but for mayim and todd too. Because none of the three of them can be blamed for anything.

Me too. It's crude to ship people in real llife in the same way you ship fictional characters. Real life is not a story that can be controlled like a show.

And thankfully, the Majim shippers are a pretty small group and don't get talked about all that much (to my knowledge at least). It's not nearly as bad as the Kate/Leo shipping from Titanic or the Raura shipping from Austin and Ally. I think that teenagers are more inclined to think that it's okay to RL ship.

• Like 1

I just don't think people are always aware of how their responses come across. They intend for their message to say "It is disrespectful to act this way to Jim and Todd and Mayim because they are real people with real feelings and because Jim has already chosen the person he wishes to be with". Instead it often says "This is disgusting because Jim is gay and he can't have a crush on a female while having a boyfriend because people like THAT are icky!" 

I am hoping this is just the result of being upset by the nasty stuff people post on his and Mayim's IG (from both camps) and not because they really mean it this way. 

• Like 1

I feel somehow bad. I dont know how can I categorized myself as a MaJim shipper but I just love their friendship. Now I feel guilty posting repeatedly pics of Mayim and Jim. I completely understand why Jim is not on IG that much. And why some people misinterpreted well that people included me that Mayim and Jim's body language is not the same as before. Hmm.. Maybe I should stop??posting pics?? Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

If he is off IG for a while, he wants to be.  If memory serves me correctly, he didn't like Twitter and I don't think he is the biggest fan of social media.  What made laugh, at that time, were all these people practically begging Bill Prady to get Jim on Twitter.  He is his own man and he can make the decision to be on Twitter or IG, for that matter, for himself.

So many good points... Now I realize a lot of things. Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I feel somehow bad. I dont know how can I categorized myself as a MaJim shipper but I just love their friendship. Now I feel guilty posting repeatedly pics of Mayim and Jim. I completely understand why Jim is not on IG that much. And why some people misinterpreted well that people included me that Mayim and Jim's body language is not the same as before. Hmm.. Maybe I should stop??posting pics?? Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I also enjoy the Majim friendship in a way that's somewhat similar to the way I enjoy Penny/Amy, Sheldon/Leonard, Sheldon/Penny and Raj/Howard. I think they have a lovely friendship and I get happy when they're cute and affectionate with each other. But what bugs me is how some people pressures them to be romantically involved and are convinced that there's something more than friendship going on there. I hate how they are nasty and disrespectful to Todd and leave mean comments on his Instagram. That's just cyberbullying! 

I don't quite understand what you are saying about the body language between them. Could you explain to me?

Question: when do we know if jim will be presenting a cathegory at the emmys or not? Should be soon, right?:scratchhead:

Well those lists typically get announced in the same month as the ceremony so probably next month.

• Like 1

Jim and Todd are both adult grown men.  Both know this business and how rumors and nasty comments, etc. all come with the territory.  Celebs, no matter how beloved they are, always are going to have haters, going to have nasty comments, are going to have innuendos and gossip started about them.   They know that, and they have teams of people who can handle dispelling things.   I think sometimes we fans think we have to protect and stand up for them.  We don't.  We don't know anything about their lives, or what their likes and dislikes truly are other than what has been fed to us via PR.   

I am sure they find things amusing and many things annoying, but they know that is bound to happen.   They have warned their families as well and their families are well aware of how this business works as well.   There is no need to propagate things or add to things, but also there is no need to act as if we are their protectors.   We aren't.   Bottom line, most don't know or care that much about us other than appreciate our loyalty as a fan.   

I do think both MaJim and Jodd camps have contributed to some of the ill-will, but also some sweet things from both.   I do think that the main thing is to never be over-zealous about any of it.   Don't idolize to the point that it obsesses and becomes too important to you that you have to "win" an argument or point.   That is where some of these fans take things over the top and begin to create fantasies (yes in both camps....) and often get too personal about them.   The best way to handle fans you see like that are to report them and block them.  Eventually they won't have followers or anyone to talk to if they continue with that ridiculous behavior.

Question: when do we know if jim will be presenting a cathegory at the emmys or not? Should be soon, right?:scratchhead:

They usually announce presenters in waves.   Some about a month before the event, others may be announced the week before.   But we may see some even as early as next week. :girlwink:

• Like 6

Thanks! 

Personally, i doubt he will be there but... who knows:icon_rolleyes: i've been wrong before:icon_biggrin:

Well, since he won last year and isn't currently nominated, he may very well be asked to present the Best Actor Comedy award.

• Like 1

Jim and Todd are both adult grown men.  Both know this business and how rumors and nasty comments, etc. all come with the territory.  Celebs, no matter how beloved they are, always are going to have haters, going to have nasty comments, are going to have innuendos and gossip started about them.   They know that, and they have teams of people who can handle dispelling things.   I think sometimes we fans think we have to protect and stand up for them.  We don't.  We don't know anything about their lives, or what their likes and dislikes truly are other than what has been fed to us via PR.   

I am sure they find things amusing and many things annoying, but they know that is bound to happen.   They have warned their families as well and their families are well aware of how this business works as well.   There is no need to propagate things or add to things, but also there is no need to act as if we are their protectors.   We aren't.   Bottom line, most don't know or care that much about us other than appreciate our loyalty as a fan.   

I do think both MaJim and Jodd camps have contributed to some of the ill-will, but also some sweet things from both.   I do think that the main thing is to never be over-zealous about any of it.   Don't idolize to the point that it obsesses and becomes too important to you that you have to "win" an argument or point.   That is where some of these fans take things over the top and begin to create fantasies (yes in both camps....) and often get too personal about them.   The best way to handle fans you see like that are to report them and block them.  Eventually they won't have followers or anyone to talk to if they continue with that ridiculous behavior.

I can agree with the greatest part of this... BUT that jim is gay and he has a partner and he has expressed his love for him many times in a wonderful way it's a fact,  isn't a fantasy. That Jim and Mayim are in love well.. this is a fantasy, right? There is a big difference between these two points of view.

Having said that, there are a lot of homosexual couples that people love and follow and supports with messages of affection and admiration, there are pages devoted to them (Ellen and Portia, Neil Patrik Harris and husband.. ), they are an inspiration for a lot of people, the same goes for Jim and Todd.

There are very few account jodd,  and they very rarely tag Todd (some have never done it), most of them have cancelled the personal pics of Todd and above all, they've never offended Mayim. We cannot know if or what has bothered Jim or Todd.. I think the only thing  we can do it's just to wait and to hope that Jim restarts to post soon.