The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

Here you go:

Thanks for the link to the interview Chelle, I loved it.

I noticed that there were some filmed extracts form Act of God.  Does anyone know if the whole show was filmed and if it is likely to be released on DVD.

They would make a bomb if it was.

• Like 3

TCFP - Featured Artist: JIM PARSONS

ARTISTS INSPIRING THE NEW YORK STAGE | An Evolving Portrait Collective 
Photographed and Curated by Jason Zeren

http://thecreativefacesproject.com/post/126999594719/jim-parsons

More lovely pictures in the link :shy:

tumblr_nsxfcrDcXU1tpaklao1_r2_1280.jpg

Great photos I think recognise that shirt from the stage door

• Like 2

Visions trailer with Jim in it. For some reason I think this has Rosemary's Baby element thrown in it, and Jim has something to do with Isla's hallucinations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wdeqF6jd0Y

Thanks for the clip, Chelle. I´m a bit disappointed,  it seems like an ordinary horror movie. Nothing special. Of course I´ll watch it because of Jim, haha.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clip, Chelle. I´m a bit disappointed,  it seems like an ordinary horror movie. Nothing special. Of course I´ll watch it because of Jim, haha.

I think he may have taken the role just to do something different.  I don't think his role is necessarily all that extensive, since he squeezed his scenes in between TBBT tapings last season or whenever it was.  It wasn't a major project for him.

I take it that it was just a diferent sort of role for him, just to kind of change things up, not because it was some great drama he needed to get involved with.

Though I am looking forward to the day when he is able to do that--a major role in a film where maybe he plays a darker kind of character or whatever.  I want to see him flexing those acting muscles! :)

• Like 3

I think he may have taken the role just to do something different.  I don't think his role is necessarily all that extensive, since he squeezed his scenes in between TBBT tapings last season or whenever it was.  It wasn't a major project for him.

I take it that it was just a diferent sort of role for him, just to kind of change things up, not because it was some great drama he needed to get involved with.

Though I am looking forward to the day when he is able to do that--a major role in a film where maybe he plays a darker kind of character or whatever.  I want to see him flexing those acting muscles! :)

I want to see him play a really dark bad serial killer. I have Hannibal Lector dreams for Jim really bad.

I also want someone to remake PHILADELPHIA STORY and Jim to play the Jimmy Stewart role. 

And I want ACT OF GOD to have been recorded for a cable special. 

Plus I also wonder how far Jim would go for a part. From what I've read if the sequel to A NORMAL HEART happens he will be one of the 2 leads.

LOVESCENE!!!!!:icon_redface:

I think it depends on how the sequel is.  Most sequels are not well received.  So far it hasn't moved much since the announcement that Kramer finished the script.   Things can move quickly if they are "hot."   So far this is moving more slowly...which makes me wonder if it isn't meeting expectations.   Also, Jim's agents may advise him to move on to other projects so that he isn't yet again peg-holed into a given character.   He himself may want to move on.   So I guess there are a lot of questions about it still, not to mention Jim's availability.  He may take on another project and not be available.   If he truly is up for a couple of roles that he has been rumored to be up for...and he takes those, it could be that he will not have time to do it if TNH2 comes to fruition.   

I think it depends on how the sequel is.  Most sequels are not well received.  So far it hasn't moved much since the announcement that Kramer finished the script.   Things can move quickly if they are "hot."   So far this is moving more slowly...which makes me wonder if it isn't meeting expectations.   Also, Jim's agents may advise him to move on to other projects so that he isn't yet again peg-holed into a given character.   He himself may want to move on.   So I guess there are a lot of questions about it still, not to mention Jim's availability.  He may take on another project and not be available.   If he truly is up for a couple of roles that he has been rumored to be up for...and he takes those, it could be that he will not have time to do it if TNH2 comes to fruition.   

what roles are rumored?  I know there is the one about THE STAND which would be Wonderful. 

• Like 1

what roles are rumored?  I know there is the one about THE STAND which would be Wonderful. 

His name has been tossed about for The Rosie Project as well which stars Jennifer Lawrence.

• Like 1

His name has been tossed about for The Rosie Project as well which stars Jennifer Lawrence.

Personally, I hope he does not do The Rosie Project. I read the book and it's simply a version of Sheldon.  There's no stretch there at all and it would be type casting completely. The book was written after Big Bang came out and there are so many similarities to his character that I wonder how the author wasn't called out on it. 

• Like 3

Personally, I hope he does not do The Rosie Project. I read the book and it's simply a version of Sheldon.  There's no stretch there at all and it would be type casting completely. The book was written after Big Bang came out and there are so many similarities to his character that I wonder how the author wasn't called out on it. 

Well I can understand that, but the opportunity to work opposite the highest paying actress in Hollywood...and that it might be a "blockbuster" film....might speak to him.  Hard to say.   I could say the same about The Normal Heart...he has been there and done that role on stage and in a movie already.   Honestly....I would love to see him get something very different and that would be unique from either roles for a change.   But I don't know what kind of projects may be coming his way.   I know he loves to work and I am sure if The Rosie Project paid him well...he would likely take it, even if it does sort of feel the same as Sheldon.  Likewise, the screen writer may alter the character enough to seem enough different...it is hard to say.  Often they don't follow the book the same because they have their own vision of the characters.

I agree that The Rosie Project would be type casting and he prob wants to get away from that.  Normal Heart two would be good if the script was excellent I don't think he would be a lead as Neds character get involved with someone else.  I am not holding out any hope that Visions gets a general release here, may have to wait until it is out on DVD and hope Jim does some press for it.

Well I can understand that, but the opportunity to work opposite the highest paying actress in Hollywood...and that it might be a "blockbuster" film....might speak to him.  Hard to say.   I could say the same about The Normal Heart...he has been there and done that role on stage and in a movie already.   Honestly....I would love to see him get something very different and that would be unique from either roles for a change.   But I don't know what kind of projects may be coming his way.   I know he loves to work and I am sure if The Rosie Project paid him well...he would likely take it, even if it does sort of feel the same as Sheldon.  Likewise, the screen writer may alter the character enough to seem enough different...it is hard to say.  Often they don't follow the book the same because they have their own vision of the characters.

And although typecast it would be a romantic lead with the possibility of a 2nd film as well

• Like 1

I want a return to Broadway in 2017.  I could do with another holiday in New York :shy:

I am sure he will try to return there when he can.  But doing another movie, especially after Home was so successful would be good for him....shows range in ability to be successful in all forms (TV, film, stage) and that is good.   Seeing him do an actual character that isn't animated would be good.   I agree with Rachel about Visions....it may have very limited release so not likely to be seen in a wide-audience perspective.   So seeing him on screen in a big film would be awesome. 

And yes...I would love to see he and Mayim do a film together where they are each other's love interests.   That would be a dream come true!

• Like 2

What I was trying to say above was that I don't think Jim doing the Normal Heart sequel would typecast him.  It's not like he'd be doing an Ironman sequel.  It would be on HBO, right?  I think there's more leeway there, and I think Jim would be happy to do the role for Larry Kramer.

As for whether or not it goes forward, it could well be due to the availability of everyone else and the folks at HBO.

While it would be great to see Jim in a big theatrical film, I don't know that he would have time during his summer hiatus.  He was able to do home because he could work on it in bits and pieces for, what, three years?  A starring role in a big film would likely take too long and have to wait until TBBT is over for good.

And Jim and Mayim, I fear, would be too iconic as a couple to be able to do a romantic film together.  This is the same thing that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson face.  Many fans would like to see them as a romantic couple in a film outside of TXF, but they are iconic in their roles and many people would simply see them as Mulder and Scully, even though both of them have done many other roles.  Once you put them together, they automatically evoke M&S.

I think Jim and Mayim would be in the same predicament.  Though they're both fine actors and have done all kinds of roles in various formats, once you put them together, they evoke Sheldon and Amy.

i have no doubt they'd be fine and would enjoy it, but to me it would really be like a form of typecasting, even if the roles were completely different.

• Like 5

I also don't think that Jim starring in The Rosie Project is a good idea. If the film is a success, then there's a chance he'd be typecast forever. Other than that, I read that the main character is supposed to look like Cary Grant. Also since this is Jennifer Lawrence, I think there's a pretty good chance that the leading man will be Bradley Cooper and the director will be David O'Russell. 

• Like 2

And yes...I would love to see he and Mayim do a film together where they are each other's love interests.   That would be a dream come true!

omg yes please! something semi improvised would be amazing to watch.

• Like 1

I just discovered this forum :p Am I the only one who desperately wants to see Jim Parsons in a period film?This happened after seeimg him in costume at the trailer of Zach Braff's film.Also,question : Do you think he is a good actor in general?I'd love to see him in a different role to show his acting skills.I mean,he has won several Emmys but when I watch interviews it's like I watch Sheldon (and I am not  one of these people who see the actors as their characters).Even his body movements are the same and I believe actors should be able to change that.Even at TNH he had something Sheldon-y.I don't doubt he is good,I just want to see more.Finally....I feel weird for saying it but the guy is hot.

Edited by DoctorWhat
  • Like 1

Yes i want to see him in a period film too, like p&p or hbo series of john adams. Something like that. 

Yes i do think he's a terrific actor. You have to take into consideration that we have seen just eight years of his career. But what about all those years doing theater. And the classics to boot. He used to work at the shakespeare festival in houston, and classical theater needs you to have specific movements and intonation. He was trained as a classical actor. And then, his time at a production company in houston doing 30 plays!!! And the reviews pretty much giving him all the praise.... And on and on. So yes, i think he is an amazing actor. Sadly, as much as i love sheldon. The character is some sort of double edged sword... But financially did wonders for him, and he deserves that too. Besides, Jim said in interviews that he notices the writers sometimes write Sheldon doing or acting in ways similar to how Jim acted in rehearsals, and sometimes he recognizes something in the script that's 'his' mannerism and not Sheldon's... that must a bit awkward, i think...

And yes he IS hot. Period. LOL

Edited by Andy_90's_generation
  • Like 4