• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phantagrae

• rachelshamyfan

• vonmar

• stardustmelody

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMFG guys!   He commented on my IG pic.  I am in hysterics.  

Ok, so the premise of the play, as we know, is God wants to set the record straight on certain things and because He is so omnipotent, mere humans couldn't understand or see Him, so He's coming to us

So it was a great experience. I got Jim's autograph and a selfie! Great times. Here's the Majim hug from my vantage point. And when the cast left he kissed and hugged Mayim. Super cute, so glad I

Posted Images

World's Highest-Paid TV Actors 2015: Jim Parsons Leads With $29 Million Take

The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons leads the pack with a $29 million haul earned between June 1, 2014 and June 1, 2015. Helping to boost his standing in the earnings race (last year Parsons ranked 9th among TV actors) was a new contract that reportedly netted him and castmates Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and Johnny Galecki $1 million per episode and a more-than 1% cut of the show’s back-end profits. Add in a smash-hit Broadway show and an endorsement deal with Intel INTC +5.70% and the Emmy Awards’ reigning Leading Actor in a Comedy Series has become the king of the salary wars, too.

The contract negotiations that helped Parsons nab the top spot and co-starGalecki the second, with $27 million, also helped rocket fellow cast membersSimon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar onto the list at $20 million each. The erstwhile Howard Wolowitz and Raj Koothrappali saw their salaries bloom from $100,000 per episode to a reported $800,000. With additional increases to come in the show’s ninth and tenth seasons, their ranks could climb even higher in the coming years.

Edited by Womenneverreallyfaint
  • Like 2

World's Highest-Paid TV Actors 2015: Jim Parsons Leads With $29 Million Take

The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons leads the pack with a $29 million haul earned between June 1, 2014 and June 1, 2015. Helping to boost his standing in the earnings race (last year Parsons ranked 9th among TV actors) was a new contract that reportedly netted him and castmates Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and Johnny Galecki $1 million per episode and a more-than 1% cut of the show’s back-end profits. Add in a smash-hit Broadway show and an endorsement deal with Intel INTC +5.70% and the Emmy Awards’ reigning Leading Actor in a Comedy Series has become the king of the salary wars, too.

The contract negotiations that helped Parsons nab the top spot and co-starGalecki the second, with $27 million, also helped rocket fellow cast membersSimon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar onto the list at $20 million each. The erstwhile Howard Wolowitz and Raj Koothrappali saw their salaries bloom from $100,000 per episode to a reported $800,000. With additional increases to come in the show’s ninth and tenth seasons, their ranks could climb even higher in the coming years.

TV maybe try to encourage him to produce to thank his excellent play. (he gives a good image of the middle&educated american)

I was just reading about this.  It looks really weird not being Jims face.  I am trying to arrange a trip to LA in Feb/march to see a taping.  Will have to go and do a comparison if it is still on. I don't think anyone can top Jim but if you hadn't seen him in the role it would prob be fine.

Out of curiosity, this fact could lessen jim's chance of a tony award nomination? I mean, for a nomination only Broadway plays are taken into account? 

Doubtful.   Jim not only made the role a success...but he made the whole play a success financially and by critical acclaim.   He also achieved a basically unheard of accomplishment and  that was to have the show turn a profit in 10 short weeks...that is unheard of on Broadway that usually takes a good part of a year to begin to see profit, some never achieve profitability.   Plus NY vs. LA performance...they don't even consider LA an issue.  Most Broadway shows take off and tour in other cities but that has not prevented them from recasting lead roles nor has it prevented the original star from getting a nomination.   So no, Jim will be just fine for a nomination if they wish to look at AOG as a contender (which I think they very likely will).

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

In addition to what Star noted, there are separate categories for non-NY Broadway based shows at the Tonys so I agree this will not hurt Jim's chances. I would love to see Jim at least nominated if not a win. He loved theater and a Tony I think he would really treasure. I like Sean but I still will always see Jim in the role Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

wow so somebody is still lurking lol!!

IDk.  I think less lurking and more targeted/business-y posts.  In and then back out.

Sean doesn't quite have the adorableness down............

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 5

IDk.  I think less lurking and more targeted/business-y posts.  In and then back out.

Sean doesn't quite have the adorableness down............

no, it will always be Jim's role...

• Like 3

Is it possible that the L.A. version of the play will be aimed at west coast audiences?  Kind of like An Act Of God 2.0?  I didn't see Jim's performance, so I have no idea if jokes could be swapped out and keep the "flavor" of the play.  If God has chosen a second messenger, I could see it working, and Sean would be great in the role.  If this next version is word-for-word repeat of Jim's portrayal, then I see it as a cheap knockoff, trying to cash in on the play's and Jim's popularity.

Javerbaum is pretty quick to change dialog if needed.  I think he will adapt it for the LA area.   I really would be surprised if he kept it word-for-word the same.

I agree. I think it will basically be the same but with updates for topical news and a few things that were NY changed for the west coast.

• Like 2

Location will play a part, but future versions of the play will be adapted more so for the actor that "God" inhabits...

From the LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-sean-hayes-act-of-god-20150825-story.html

Finn said in an interview that the part will be customized for Hayes. "God inhabits the body of the celebrity, so it leaves us a lot of opportunities for how the part is rewritten for each actor who does the play," he said. "So there will be a lot of new material."

From The NY Times Arts Beat: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/an-act-of-god-heads-to-los-angeles-and-will-star-sean-hayes/?_r=0

Because of the nature and conceit of the play — God inhabits a celebrity’s body — we can have fun customizing it for the new actor,” said Jeffrey Finn, the show’s lead producer. “I’m hopeful that there will be many actors that want to play God in the future.”

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 6

Is it possible that the L.A. version of the play will be aimed at west coast audiences?  Kind of like An Act Of God 2.0?  I didn't see Jim's performance, so I have no idea if jokes could be swapped out and keep the "flavor" of the play.  If God has chosen a second messenger, I could see it working, and Sean would be great in the role.  If this next version is word-for-word repeat of Jim's portrayal, then I see it as a cheap knockoff, trying to cash in on the play's and Jim's popularity.

I saw the show in NY and I don't recall it being too much directed at people from the city.  Just humans in general lol.  I am very interested to see Sean in this role though, Jim's delivery was spot on for the content of his dialogue.  Excited though! 

• Like 1

Location will play a part, but future versions of the play will be adapted more so for the actor that "God" inhabits...

From the LA Timeshttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-sean-hayes-act-of-god-20150825-story.html

Finn said in an interview that the part will be customized for Hayes. "God inhabits the body of the celebrity, so it leaves us a lot of opportunities for how the part is rewritten for each actor who does the play," he said. "So there will be a lot of new material."

From The NY Times Arts Beat: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/an-act-of-god-heads-to-los-angeles-and-will-star-sean-hayes/?_r=0

Because of the nature and conceit of the play — God inhabits a celebrity’s body — we can have fun customizing it for the new actor,” said Jeffrey Finn, the show’s lead producer. “I’m hopeful that there will be many actors that want to play God in the future.”

I'm so glad. Keeps things fresh and hopefully HOPEFULLY keep critics from comparing Sean -and whoever plays the role in future shows- to Jim

God needs to come to the West End....soon...

I just read this comment by Anthony Anderson about Jim not being nominated for an Emmy this year.  He wonders if Jim simply took himself out of the running.  I wonder what any of you think of that idea.  I've read no comments at all by Jim.  Here's the quote from an interview at Gold Derby:

"This year, there are seven nominees for Best Comedy Actor instead of the usual six because of a tie. "I'd like to think I was in the Top 5 though," Anderson jokes. Shockingly, Parsons, who's already won this category four times (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014), was snubbed. "Either we knocked him out or he decided to give us a chance to win. That's how I like to look at it. Jim's like, 'I have four of them, let someone else take one home.'"   Gold Derby

Edited by Ginny Hamilton
  • Like 4