The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

I absolutely hate that TMZ is using Jim's name to get hits on this story. 

Agree!  :girlwah: Really is pretty sad that they resort to that.   No wonder Jim detoxed from the internet.   UGH! 

• Like 3

Actually she withdrew from both of her doubles matches but is still due to play this afternoon in women's singles.  She has not yet withdrawn from that match which may mean she is doing well in recovering.

ETA:   Genie arrived at the stadium...but she moved very slowly and doesn't look real good.  Not sure how she is going to play today...but she seems determined to play.   

ETA2:  She officially withdrew from the women's singles as well as of 1:35 PM PT.   She was in too poor shape to play.  Such a shame. I pray she will recover well and be able to be back in shape soon.   She was doing so well.  :crying:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Jim not on initial list of presenters for the Emmy's: First Group of Presenters for 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards Announced by Television Academy - Amy Poehler, Maggie Gyllenhaal, LL Cool J and more

I wish he was :( to see him give Mayim her Emmy would be so beautiful. Just like when Kaley gave Jim his GG Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Do they typically plan presenters so that it's someone meaningful to the winner?

Not really, since no one knows who's going to win.  I think they may sometimes have an idea who's likely to win, and may pick a presenter that way, like at the GGs, but with the Emmy's most often the presenter is a previous winner.

So, theoretically, Jim might be chosen to present the Supporting Comedy Actress award, but it's just as likely that he might present the Lead Comedy Actor award, since he's won that one 4 times and isn't nominated this year.

I don't know who else is nominated in Mayim's category, but I don't know that she's any more likely to win than anyone else.

• Like 4

Not really, since no one knows who's going to win.  I think they may sometimes have an idea who's likely to win, and may pick a presenter that way, like at the GGs, but with the Emmy's most often the presenter is a previous winner.

So, theoretically, Jim might be chosen to present the Supporting Comedy Actress award, but it's just as likely that he might present the Lead Comedy Actor award, since he's won that one 4 times and isn't nominated this year.

I don't know who else is nominated in Mayim's category, but I don't know that she's any more likely to win than anyone else.

The nominees:
Mayim Bialik, "The Big Bang Theory"
Julie Bowen, "Modern Family"
Anna Chlumsky, "Veep"
Gaby Hoffman, "Transparent"
Allison Janney, "Mom"
Jane Krakowski, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"
Kate McKinnon, "SNL"
Niecy Nash, "Getting On"

Most online reviews are that Allison Janney or Anna Chlumsky will win 

The nominees:
Mayim Bialik, "The Big Bang Theory"
Julie Bowen, "Modern Family"
Anna Chlumsky, "Veep"
Gaby Hoffman, "Transparent"
Allison Janney, "Mom"
Jane Krakowski, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"
Kate McKinnon, "SNL"
Niecy Nash, "Getting On"

Most online reviews are that Allison Janney or Anna Chlumsky will win 

Yes, but then there have been plenty of upsets and I don't trust the pundit views on who will win.  Their success rate in recent years has not been that great.  Makes me wonder why they even have the right to be in the position to comment and say who will win when they have been burned many years in a row now.  :laugh:   Honestly I think it is anyone's guess as to who will win, but I am really hoping this might be Mayim's year, even though I would not be surprised if it went to a different nominee.   I think the media folks would love to see Mayim win it because there have been a number of articles stating that if anyone deserved to win it, it was her.   But who knows!

• Like 2

I sincerely doubt this (the bolded part) would happen.  "Hey Jim, we know we snubbed you after 6 straight nominations, but would you mind graciously presenting the award to one of these other swell guys that got nominated instead?  Thanks Jim, you're such a good sport!"  :icon_cheesygrin:  

• Like 3

I sincerely doubt this (the bolded part) would happen.  "Hey Jim, we know we snubbed you after 6 straight nominations, but would you mind graciously presenting the award to one of these other swell guys that got nominated instead?  Thanks Jim, you're such a good sport!"  :icon_cheesygrin:  

Well, perhaps not this season, but previous winners who are not nominated in their category (since they could conceivably win) are often presenters in that category.

Edited by phantagrae

Do past winners get invited to go?

I think only if they are presenting, or like in Jim's case, if the show were nominated, he would of course be invited, even if he were not individually nominated.

I think the only way he'd go this year is if he were to be a presenter.

I was hoping he'd be Mayims date but it looks like she already made other plans

Why are you constantly trying to pair them up off screen?  For all intents and purposes Jim is "married."  Would you still be making comments like this if Todd was a woman?  And when has Jim EVER been Mayim's "date" for anything?  The only time I've ever seen them together outside of the studio, was when the rest of the cast (or at least some of them) were there also.  Or like last summer when she went to see his play (you know she also saw Kunals but I didn't see you get all excited about that like you did with Jim's).

• Like 3

They've been each other's dates at award shows before, most notably the people's choice awards

I just like their lovely friendship and I'm not trying to pair them up!?

Why are you constantly trying to pair them up off screen?  For all intents and purposes Jim is "married."  Would you still be making comments like this if Todd was a woman?  And when has Jim EVER been Mayim's "date" for anything?  The only time I've ever seen them together outside of the studio, was when the rest of the cast (or at least some of them) were there also.  Or like last summer when she went to see his play (you know she also saw Kunals but I didn't see you get all excited about that like you did with Jim's).

I think Rachel meant as just friends. They have a close friendship and my understanding is that she's currently unattached. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Anyway i don't know if is taping day on emmy week, but i think jim will try to, like he said in a interview, ignore the big elephant in the roon and try to stay away as far as he can from the reporters, that most likely will want to ask about his no-nomination and this case with his 'friend' and him being the highest paid actor.... I don't know him, but i think he wants to stay away from all that.

• Like 2