Jim Parsons

Tripper

5 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

The best part of this is the story DJ Qualls told to TVLine back in 2014 about the audition...

Qualls' performance as a grad student Sheldon hires to pretend to be his drug-addicted cousin wasn't the actor's first experience with the nerdy comedy. 

"I studio-tested against Jim Parsons for that role. It came down to me and him. And they made us read, before all of the CBS studio executives, in front of each other," he says. 

"He went before me. And I turned to Chuck Lorre afterward and I was like, 'I'm not going to get this part. I can't read.' And he was like, 'Oh no, you're not going to get this part – but you have to read.'" 

The "horrifying" experience so affected Qualls that "that was the last time I tested."

http://tvline.com/2014/02/25/dj-qualls-legit-billy-nugent/#!5/dj-big-bang/

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The best part of this is the story DJ Qualls told to TVLine back in 2014 about the audition...

Qualls' performance as a grad student Sheldon hires to pretend to be his drug-addicted cousin wasn't the actor's first experience with the nerdy comedy. 

"I studio-tested against Jim Parsons for that role. It came down to me and him. And they made us read, before all of the CBS studio executives, in front of each other," he says. 

"He went before me. And I turned to Chuck Lorre afterward and I was like, 'I'm not going to get this part. I can't read.' And he was like, 'Oh no, you're not going to get this part – but you have to read.'" 

The "horrifying" experience so affected Qualls that "that was the last time I tested."

http://tvline.com/2014/02/25/dj-qualls-legit-billy-nugent/#!5/dj-big-bang/

its a cruel as f*** industry... and performing in front of CBS execs. How the hell any actor could keep their cool I don't know.

He also didn't train as rigorously as Jim did. And when it usually comes down too two actors for a role, that'll be the bottom line. He's a great actor but he ain't got nothing on our boy :laugh: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

What was it?

It was a bunch of limes saying he was getting ready for some Friday night fun (implying a party or get together).   But I think he felt given the situation overseas that it probably was insensitive?  I don't know...but he took it down quickly after  the first few remarks were all saying #PrayforParis.  I am guessing he may not have known about Paris before it was posted.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, stardustmelody said:

He removed it.  I am guessing he didn't know about Paris until he saw the comments on his post.   

:( I was thinking he might have posted something about it after him showboating his limes. Some people were nasty in the comments...

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

What was it?

He posted a picture of some lines with the caption 'limes for Friday fun'  

6 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

:( I was thinking he might have posted something about it after him showboating his limes. Some people were nasty in the comments...

He posted a picture of some lines with the caption 'limes for Friday fun'  

That sucks!

Not everyone is sitting in front of the news 24/7 and more importantly the world shouldn't stop because there has been a terror attack, that is exactly what they want! Fear.

I'm glad that he's having a fun Friday despite the internet! 

• Like 3

I didn't see any nasty posts, just #PrayforParis posts, but I didn't scroll all the comments either.   I just know it came down quickly so I suspected he didn't know about it until he saw those posts.  I hope no one was nasty about it.  There is no call to be nasty because he was in a good mood and finally shared something fun with his fans.   That would be terrible.  I agree with notch...it may be a while before he posts again if people were nasty. :girlsigh: 

Think the worst one I saw was 'glad you're having fun, people in Paris aren't' and it was one of the last comments to get posted so he might not have seen it before he deleted it. I hope he didn't. I'm hoping he was just being respectful. Be he's not the only one, people are commenting stuff about Paris on other celebs Instagram pics like that comment. Would have loved to have seen a Jim post though after the last 4 hours :( what a nightmare..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

Think the worst one I saw was 'glad you're having fun, people in Paris aren't' and it was one of the last comments to get posted so he might not have seen it before he deleted it. I hope he didn't. I'm hoping he was just being respectful. Be he's not the only one, people are commenting stuff about Paris on other celebs Instagram pics like that comment. Would have loved to have seen a Jim post though after the last 4 hours :( what a nightmare..

Yes...maybe he will post about Paris...hard to say.   I am sure it is hitting him hard.  I hope he didn't see that last comment as well...  I have seen a lot of celebs posting that they don't feel in a partying mood tonight after this.  It is hitting many celebs hard, just like us common folks.

I really hope he took down the photo before seeing the nasty comment.  I mean don't they realize that he might have just not known?

ETA:  Kaley just posted a pray for Paris photo....so I am guessing that the cast were tied up until recently and had no idea about the Paris situation (although Bill tweeted about it, but he may not have been on set when he tweeted about it..he could have been over on the Muppets set instead).

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

Tough night for the industry all around.  People like Rob Lowe makes stupid comments on Twitter.  Industry publications like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter tweeting Paris police activity when they were specifically asked not to.  

Jim's pulled IG post is nothing compared to some of the shameful behavior I've see online this afternoon...IMO.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vonmar said:

He does have his trip to Paris with Todd and his friends to be remembering tonight...it has to be extra painful to have been to some of the places where this tragedy happened.

Absolutely. It's a very werid feeling knowing you've been to those places effected. I was only at the concert hall a month or so ago... Sudder to think. I have a friend out there trying to get home right now. It's crazy.

16 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

I really hope he took down the photo before seeing the nasty comment.  I mean don't they realize that he might have just not known?

I think there's to many people out there that think celebs don't care, they just do it cause they have too. For their imagine I guess but they're just like us. United we stand and all that. Poor Jim :( hope he doesn't think he's offended anyone just cause of his fun Friday plans. I was having a great Friday night until about 10pm and that was a whole hour after the first attack. 

Kaley's just posted something on the matter bless her. But I think she's abit more tech savvy than Jim. 

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Tough night for the industry all around.  People like Rob Lowe makes stupid comments on Twitter.  Industry publications like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter tweeting Paris police activity when they were specifically asked not to.  

Jim's pulled IG post is nothing compared to some of the shameful behavior I've see online this afternoon...IMO.

Oh absolutely. We have a women over here called Kate Hopkins and she has nasty things to say about eveything. She'll probably say France deserved it come the morning...

Edited by Amy Fowler

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Oh totally agree!   But I suspect Jim is more sensitive than many of those fools.   :girlwink:   I really think he just didn't know and felt it might look insensitive and pulled it.   But yeah...far worse around the net and people put on their dunce hats a lot when these things happen. :girlsigh: 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Yes...maybe he will post about Paris...hard to say.   I am sure it is hitting him hard.  I hope he didn't see that last comment as well...  I have seen a lot of celebs posting that they don't feel in a partying mood tonight after this.  It is hitting many celebs hard, just like us common folks.

ETA:  Kaley just posted a pray for Paris photo....so I am guessing that the cast were tied up until recently and had no idea about the Paris situation (although Bill tweeted about it, but he may not have been on set when he tweeted about it..he could have been over on the Muppets set instead).

Exactly.  I didn't know and the only way I knew was a courier stopped at work after 7PM and told us (I work 12 hour days).  Some people are just stupid douchebags.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't see his post--it's so rare that he posts something personal and fun.  I'm also hoping he took it down out of respect and not because of comments.

I was working on my apartment with my nephew and wasn't online and didn't have the tv on.  I found out late this afternoon when my sister came to pick up my nephew and she had heard it on the radio.

I have a friend who works for the US state department, stationed in Tunisia.  He was just telling me that he was thinking of going to Paris over thanksgiving.  I'm wondering if the state department would even allow it now.

I was looking at Jim's page a few hours ago and someone had commented on his last pic, from the Spock episode, asking to take down the picture of the limes.  Kind of made me mad.

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Amy Fowler said:

This comment (the one in bold) is SO out of place !!!!

I live close to Paris. I spent the night watching the news horrified.

I spent the night and the morning looking for news regarding family and friends in Paris.

I what universe should someone blame him for having fun while most certainly NOT KNOWING what was happening thousands of miles away ???

I would have NEVER posted something as hateful as that comment.

• Like 8