The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

"Jim Parsons is so awesome to work with and such a good sport, he even mops the floor!"

From Steve Fund (via Twitter) senior vice president and chief marketing officer at Intel

C6LrCYbUYAEET78.jpg

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 6

Do you American guys always get those cool sticks when you vote? In my Country we just get a sad stamp on our voter registration card, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Do you American guys always get those cool sticks when you vote? In my Country we just get a sad stamp on our voter registration card, LOL!

You always get the "I Voted" sticker after you have finished voting and are leaving the polling place.  People will wear them all day and post pictures of themselves to Twitter and IG.

On Election Days many chain restaurants (McDonalds, Dunkin Donunts, Baskin Robbins etc) will offer rewards for wearing one....show up with your sticker on and get a free small coffee, a free single scoop ice cream cone, etc.  It's a odd/fun little side benefit of doing something that (I think) every American should take as a serious responsibility. 

Elections will take place all over the USA in the next two months.  They're mostly for local issues like deciding on local leadership, policy changes for villages/towns or school funding referendums.  It's harder to get people to come out and vote for issues like these, so I'm happy that the cast was promoting taking part of these type of local elections.

• Like 3

Jim's radio show will continue past the six planned weeks. It's on today at 7 ET, for the lucky fans you actually can listen to it! I'm envious!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

I signed up for a trial membership with Sirius Radio just to listen to Jims show.  He is , as we would expect, totally committed to this endeavor. It is obvious that he is doing a tremendous amount of research for the topics he and his guests are discussing. He asks pertinent questions and I have found it to be very informative.  He accomplishes this while totally being bipartisan.  What can this man not do?  (Sadly when my free trial end I will not be able to sustain the subscription ).     :(

• Like 6

14 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Jim's radio show will continue past the six planned weeks. It's on today at 7 ET, for the lucky fans you actually can listen to it! I'm envious!!!

Hi, I wondered where you read that Jim's show is being extended.  I signed on to Sirius just because of him.  I love how he is so genuine in his questions, so well prepared.  Thanks for the news.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ginny Hamilton said:

Hi, I wondered where you read that Jim's show is being extended.  I signed on to Sirius just because of him.  I love how he is so genuine in his questions, so well prepared.  Thanks for the news.

I've no official source as for how long the show will go on, sorry if my post was misleading. I just read between the lines of the caption Andy Cohen wrote to the pic I posted that at Sirius\Bravoandy people are pretty satisfied and want the show to continue. The six weeks scheduled shows ended last friday, so yesterday one was an extra with respect to the original plan.  In the last interview Jim made on Dan Patrick he seemed  pretty open to continue the radio show for a while, but also pretty "free" to cancel it whenever he wants. My impression is it has a not very strict contract and that he will continue the show until he enjoys doing it. Did Jim say anything about his plans at the end of yesterday show?

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I've no official source as for how long the show will go on, sorry if my post was misleading. I just read between the lines of the caption Andy Cohen wrote to the pic I posted that at Sirius\Bravoandy people are pretty satisfied and want the show to continue. The six weeks scheduled shows ended last friday, so yesterday one was an extra with respect to the original plan.  In the last interview Jim made on Dan Patrick he seemed  pretty open to continue the radio show for a while, but also pretty "free" to cancel it whenever he wants. My impression is it has a not very strict contract and that he will continue the show until he enjoys doing it. Did Jim say anything about his plans at the end of yesterday show?

That's fine, mirs1.  I haven't yet listened to last night's show, but will let  you know if he said anything.  Thanks.

• Like 4

On March 11, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Ginny Hamilton said:

That's fine, mirs1.  I haven't yet listened to last night's show, but will let  you know if he said anything.  Thanks.

Hi, I did listen to Jim's show.  He said he would be on next Friday, but didn't mention any longer term possibilities.  It was a great show, about Russia.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

comment from VS model, Barbara Fialho on Jim's IG :D

barbarafialho1 @therealjimparsons I ❤ You!!! It's always so nice to see you ❤

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 4

Hello there, 

This is going to sound very risible but I have to try. 
This is my boy friend birthday in a month, and he is one of the biggest fan of Jim Parsons, and his famous character Sheldon Cooper. He saw all the seasons of the series at least 10 times each, if not more. He could be Sheldon's brother, same attraction for trains (don't ask me why, I still have no clue about that), very pragmatic (a little too much at times...), same "practical jokes"... And I could go on and on for days. 

My presence here, is in hope, someone over here will be able to help me reach Jim Parsons. You remember this episode of The Big Bang Theory when Penny offers this Nimoy napkin to Sheldon? Remember how Sheldon reacted? This would exactly be my boy friend reaction if he had only just a little message from Jim Parsons for his birthday, even a short video from him wishing him a happy birthday. 

If any one of you is able to help me, I'll be forever grateful and thankful. I hope my short message will find someone here :)

Thank you for reading me 

Sarah 

From The Hollywood Reporter issue dedicated to personal stylists. 

WHO DRESSES JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, GEORGE CLOONEY AND JOHN LEGEND:  5 OF HOLLYWOOD'S MOST IN-DEMAND MEN'S STYLISTS

Annie Psaltiras

Clients: Justin Timberlake, Chris Pratt, John Cho, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jim Parsons

Jim's been working with Annie for years, most recently for the Oscars.

<full article is in the link>

• Like 4

Since IG posts are acting wonky...I loaded this a different way, cause it's young Mary Cooper on set with Jim...

therealjimparsons At work with @bummersis

C7OAs6mXUAAK4Fr.jpg

• Like 3

Happy birthday to Jim!!! Here's Mayim's wishes...

Edited by mirs1
I've replaced the FB link with the IG link, the pic is clearer
  • Like 8