The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

ok I have a ??   asking for a friend...on fridays does JP fb live or instagram live?  and what/who do I need to follow to see it?  thanks

2 minutes ago, RoRo said:

ok I have a ??   asking for a friend...on fridays does JP fb live or instagram live?  and what/who do I need to follow to see it?  thanks

It's Instagram Live.

You need to be following Jim on IG.  If someone you follow posts an IG Story or does an IG Live you will see their icon and name in a circle at the top of the IG home page.  Just click on the circle and it will open up full screen.  Jim usually goes live just before his radio show goes on the air. Today, it will be 7  pm, NY time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ginny Hamilton said:

I thank you, also.  But each time I go to Jim's IG during the broadcast, there is no circle.  Darn!!!!!

Don't go to Jim's IG page.  Go to the IG home page. It's the first screen that appears when you log in.  The IG Stories/Live circles only appear on the home page.  On your phone, the home page is represented by a little house icon at the bottom of your screen on the far left.

I hope this helps.

P.S. you can only see IG Stories/Live on your phone.  They don't exist on desktop IG.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Don't go to Jim's IG page.  Go to the IG home page. It's the first screen that appears when you log in.  The IG Stories/Live circles only appear on the home page.  On your phone, the home page is represented by a little house icon at the bottom of your screen on the far left.

I hope this helps.

P.S. you can only see IG Stories/Live on your phone.  They don't exist on desktop IG.

it never showed up on my home page other  IG stories do, but his didn't :scratchhead:

5 minutes ago, RoRo said:

it never showed up on my home page other  IG stories do, but his didn't :scratchhead:

Weird.  Sorry that happened.

Did you look for it when he was live?  IG live circle link only works when the person is live.  Once the live broadcast ends, the circle link disappears.

IG stories stay up for 24 hours, but IG live does not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoRo said:

I can see IG stories on my smartphone, but not IG lives. I think it might depend on the fact I have a pretty old model, might it be your case too?

33 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I can see IG stories on my smartphone, but not IG lives. I think it might depend on the fact I have a pretty old model, might it be your case too?

I have an iphone...I'll figure it out

From The New York Post

Ryan Murphy to reboot ‘Boys in the Band’ on Broadway

Ryan Murphy, one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood, may make a run at Broadway.

Murphy, the creator of “Glee” and “Feud,” has optioned “The Boys in the Band,” Mart Crowley’s pre-Stonewall play about a group of gay men who gather for a birthday party and some deliciously bitchy banter. The play debuted in 1968, and sources say Murphy would like to stage a 50th anniversary revival on Broadway next spring.

No casting yet, but insiders say Jim Parsons, whom Murphy directed in HBO’s “The Normal Heart,” would be perfect as Emory, the flamboyant interior decorator. There’s also talk that Neil Patrick Harris would make a swell Michael, the host of the party. He has the famous (and controversial) line, “Show me a happy homosexual, and I’ll show you a gay corpse.”

<more in the link>

More about "The Boys in the Band" from Wikipedia

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 9

15 hours ago, vonmar said:

From The New York Post

Ryan Murphy to reboot ‘Boys in the Band’ on Broadway

Ryan Murphy, one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood, may make a run at Broadway.

Murphy, the creator of “Glee” and “Feud,” has optioned “The Boys in the Band,” Mart Crowley’s pre-Stonewall play about a group of gay men who gather for a birthday party and some deliciously bitchy banter. The play debuted in 1968, and sources say Murphy would like to stage a 50th anniversary revival on Broadway next spring.

No casting yet, but insiders say Jim Parsons, whom Murphy directed in HBO’s “The Normal Heart,” would be perfect as Emory, the flamboyant interior decorator. There’s also talk that Neil Patrick Harris would make a swell Michael, the host of the party. He has the famous (and controversial) line, “Show me a happy homosexual, and I’ll show you a gay corpse.”

<more in the link>

More about "The Boys in the Band" from Wikipedia

Ooooh, Universe, make this happen please thank you

• Like 2

Doesn't look like Jim is doing his radio show tonight.  Being busy filming the movie all week might have not left him time to prepare.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no radio broadcast until after the movie wraps.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

Looking foward to seeing this movie. The storyplot is really interisting and I also love Claire  Danes as I love Jim. Her performances are always great.  The kid could not be more  adorable!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Jim hit 5 million followers on Instagram!

therealjimparsons

• 587 posts
  • 5m followers
  • 305 following

Jim Parsons

• Like 9