The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

Filming for "A Kid Like Jake" moves to Queens on Friday....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, luminous said:

Not good. It's bad to confuse children by using capitals and lower-case letters inappropriately.

The Daily Mail

As Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory he's had us all in stitches.

Now it's Claire Danes turn to be amused by funnyman Jim Parsons, who had her in stitches on the set of A Kid Like Jake on Thursday.

The co-stars were filming a scene on the sidewalk in New York, when things got hysterical.

41E1854900000578-0-image-a-2_1498830122815.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Not good. It's bad to confuse children by using capitals and lower-case letters inappropriately.

I believe these drawings  are used only to ilustrate the objects that are represented there. My  five years old niece has similar ones in her day caring school. When children start to learn how to read and write , these differences you pointed out are taught properly.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I believe these drawings  are used only to ilustrate the objects that are represented there. My  five years old niece has similar ones in her day caring school. When children start to learn how to read and write , these differences you pointed out are taught properly.

I was referring to what was written at the top. It was written as as if it were a title, whereas it was part of a writing exercise and should have contained only lower- case letters apart from I.  Sheldon is terrible at this. On his whiteboard he mixes capitals and lower-case in the same word, like a three-year-old.

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I was referring to what was written at the top. It was written as as if it were a title, whereas it was part of a writing exercise and should have contained only lower- case letters apart from I.  Sheldon is terrible at this. On his whiteboard he mixes capitals and lower-case in the same word, like a three-year-old.

I believe if I am not mistaken that board  belongs to "A kid like Jake" movie. Hence the simple almost "by image without many writing rules" writing  like a three years old would do. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I believe if I am not mistaken that board  belongs to "A kid like Jake" movie. Hence the simple almost "by image without many writing rules" writing  like a three years old would do. 

Yes I think it's from the film. Yup, it's probably by some adult who can't be bothered to use what he should have learned in primary school and hence confuses the next generation. It irritates me so much it's put me off wanting to see it. I quite fancied seeing 'A Kid Like Jake' until I saw this photo. I'm as pedantic as Sheldon is with other things when it comes to this stuff. My fussiness with English probably comes from having learned it in Wales. :) It stood me in good stead when homeschooling a mentally handicapped godson. Accuracy was essential then. BTW my generation was taught never to use the word 'kid' instead of 'child' but that seems to have gone by the wayside altogether now. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 5:55 PM, vonmar said:

From The New York Post

Ryan Murphy to reboot ‘Boys in the Band’ on Broadway

Ryan Murphy, one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood, may make a run at Broadway.

Murphy, the creator of “Glee” and “Feud,” has optioned “The Boys in the Band,” Mart Crowley’s pre-Stonewall play about a group of gay men who gather for a birthday party and some deliciously bitchy banter. The play debuted in 1968, and sources say Murphy would like to stage a 50th anniversary revival on Broadway next spring.

No casting yet, but insiders say Jim Parsons, whom Murphy directed in HBO’s “The Normal Heart,” would be perfect as Emory, the flamboyant interior decorator. There’s also talk that Neil Patrick Harris would make a swell Michael, the host of the party. He has the famous (and controversial) line, “Show me a happy homosexual, and I’ll show you a gay corpse.”

<more in the link>

More about "The Boys in the Band" from Wikipedia

Wow! I would love to see Jim Parsons and NPH together on stage...kind of a dream come true. 

• Like 1

Sam Slater, one of the producers of "A Kid Like Jake" posted on IG that they are now halfway done with filming the movie. Today would be day 13 of a scheduled 25 day shoot.

Also, according to other IG posts, "Young Sheldon" is supposed to resume shooting in LA this month.

Jim's plate is pretty full right now, which is probably why he isn't scheduled to appear at Comic Con. 

• Like 8

"A Kid Like Jake" has been filming all weekend in Brooklyn.  

(of course Jim found local Mexican food to try out)  http://mayataqueria.com/

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 5

From Variety

CBS to Air ‘Michael Jackson’s Halloween’ Animated Special

CBS is set to air a new one-hour animated special called “Michael Jackson’s Halloween,” the network announced Tuesday.

The special will feature Jackson’s acclaimed music as its soundtrack, and will be broadcast for the first time this fall. Created and produced by Optimum Productions, the Michael Jackson company now owned by his estate, the special will feature the voices of actors Christine Baranski, Kiersey Clemons, Alan Cumming, George Eads, Brad Garrett, Lucy Liu, Jim Parsons and Lucas Till.

The special follows millennials Vincent (Till) and Victoria (Clemons), who meet “accidentally” on Halloween night and find themselves, along with Ichabod the dog, at a mysterious hotel located at 777 Jackson Street called This Place Hotel. Once inside, Vincent and Victoria are sent on an adventure culminating in a spectacular dance finale featuring an animated Michael Jackson.

The special was created and produced by Optimum Productions, with animation production by Hammerhead. John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson, serve as executive producers. Daniel Chuba is the producer and Mark A.Z. Dippé is the director.

• Like 3

Jim with Claire Danes, Silas Howard (which is the director of A kid like Jake) and Daniel Pearle (which wrote the original play and also the movie adaptation).

• Like 4

From NIH Clinical Center's You Tube Channel

The 3-part documentary series begins airing on The Discovery Channel on August 10th.  Jim is narrating and executive producing.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

The 3-part documentary series begins airing on The Discovery Channel on August 10th.  Jim is narrating and executive producing.

Wow.  It will be hard to watch, but important to watch as well.  Such courage.  I'm glad that Jim and Todd and their production company were able to make this documentary, for everyone concerned.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vonmar said:

I am a regular Discovery channel viewer which I think that broadcast the best documentaries about several subjects. I am very glad Jim are doing very interisting stuff beyond tbbt. It really proves how clever and talented this guy is!

Edited by spidergirl
Silly typo
  • Like 3