The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Jim Parsons

From Entertainment Tonight  Video in the link

'A Kid Like Jake' First Look: On Set With Jim Parsons and Claire Danes (Exclusive)

ET was exclusively on set with Parsons and Danes to get the scoop on their new drama, which hits theaters on June 8. 

• Like 3

From Vulture

Over the weekend of May 19 and 20, Vulture is bringing the 5th annual Vulture Festival to New York, presented by AT&T!

This year we’ll have live events featuring Claire Danes, Jim Parsons, Samantha Bee, Tracy Morgan, Retta, Ava DuVernay, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Julianna Margulies, Rachel Bloom, and Adam Pally, as well as the cast of Younger, Queen Sugar, and Star Trek: Discovery.Oh, and you know where doing a RuPaul’s Drag Race panel! Also, by popular demand, we have podcasts upon podcasts, including Throwing Shade, Queery, Dr. Gameshow, Good One, and Getting Curious, hosted by our favorite new Queer Eye Fab 5ver, Jonathan Van Ness. We’ll, also have events for podcastings two towns - S-Town and Crimetown. And more! More more more. More in the line-up below and more to be announced at a later date.

SUNDAY, MAY 20

2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.: CLAIRE DANES AND JIM PARSONS’S A KID LIKE JAKE
Actors Claire Danes and Jim Parsons, director Silas Howard, and writer Daniel Pearle join the festival to discuss their upcoming critically acclaimed, Sundance-selected feature, A Kid Like Jake. Milk Studios (450 West 15th Street). Tickets $30 (includes complimentary access to the Vulture Lounge following the event).

A Kid Like Jake Event Page

• Like 4

Technical rehearsals began today at The Booth Theater in NYC...

• Like 1

First preview tonight and they are raving about the show on the Broadway message boards..

Critical reviews won't come out until the official opening on May 31st.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 6

Pics from Jim and other cast members as they leave the theatre after their first preview

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vonmar said:

Matt's response....

• mattbomer There aren’t enough for this. What an honor to get to watch you and work with you every night!! Xo!
Edited by vonmar
  • Like 3

From Time Out New York

Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Andrew Rannells and Matt Bomer hit Broadway

When The Boys in the Band opens on the Great White Way this month, it will be one hell of a celebration, marking the 50th anniversary of the Off Broadway debut with a hotly anticipated cast that comprises only openly gay actors. Roughly a month out from opening night, however, the troupe has yet to move into the Booth Theatre. They’re not even in New York. Instead, the production has temporarily relocated to Downtown Los Angeles to make life easier for lead Jim Parsons, who’s busy filming The Big Bang Theory. Star Trek’s Zachary Quinto, too, is double-booked, recording a voiceover for an upcoming series. Meanwhile, Andrew Rannells (of Girls fame) is about to drop a PBS concert special, and Matt Bomer (Magic Mike) is spending his few available hours with his three kids.

<Full article, more pictures and Q & A in the link>

image 2.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Time Out New York

Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Andrew Rannells and Matt Bomer hit Broadway

When The Boys in the Band opens on the Great White Way this month, it will be one hell of a celebration, marking the 50th anniversary of the Off Broadway debut with a hotly anticipated cast that comprises only openly gay actors. Roughly a month out from opening night, however, the troupe has yet to move into the Booth Theatre. They’re not even in New York. Instead, the production has temporarily relocated to Downtown Los Angeles to make life easier for lead Jim Parsons, who’s busy filming The Big Bang Theory. Star Trek’s Zachary Quinto, too, is double-booked, recording a voiceover for an upcoming series. Meanwhile, Andrew Rannells (of Girls fame) is about to drop a PBS concert special, and Matt Bomer (Magic Mike) is spending his few available hours with his three kids.

<Full article, more pictures and Q & A in the link>

image 2.jpg

They obviously put their rehearsal time in LA to good use reading the comments on the opening preview night thread on the broadway world message board.  Also nice comments on Jims performance.  Looking forward to seeing this in August.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Pics from Jim and other cast members as they leave the theatre after their first preview

Ok in the second to last picture, that’s me on the left and I’m kinda freaking out right now LOL! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Ok in the second to last picture, that’s me on the left and I’m kinda freaking out right now LOL! 

In the second set of pictures? That's amazing.

What did you think of the show?

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In the second set of pictures? That's amazing.

What did you think of the show?

Yes it’s surreal! 

I saw it tonight and that’s the most amazing and wonderful thing I’ve ever seen! Very funny but also deep in so many ways. And all the actors’ performances were mind blowing! 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Yes it’s surreal! 

I saw it tonight and that’s the most amazing and wonderful thing I’ve ever seen! Very funny but also deep in so many ways. And all the actors’ performances were mind blowing! 

Jim seemed not to smile in the bows at the end, perhaps he was moved, still in character, tired?  Just wondered if you noticed.  I'm jealous, but so glad  you saw it!!!!!

• Like 3

I think with tine he will get used yo this role. He said in that interview he never read the play so it is an entirely new character for him. Besides first show ever of the play... Maybe he was still like 'this isn't over yet' idk

I'm glad is doing well. Many seemed to expect a mess idk why, but some did. 

I was surprised yesterday when i read the Tony noms were out. Was a little let dawn cause i thought it was later in the summer and Jim could have a chance this year... So the play would be eligible for next year...ow... Anyways things are going fine, hope it becomes profitable ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginny Hamilton said:

Jim seemed not to smile in the bows at the end, perhaps he was moved, still in character, tired?  Just wondered if you noticed.  I'm jealous, but so glad  you saw it!!!!!

Actually he did smile but it’s true, the last scene he has it’s pretty emotionally intense so I can imagine it might take a while to shake it off...

It has really been an honor to be able to see it! If I can find an affordable ticket I think I’ll go again on friday before going back home in Italy 😊

• Like 6

Jim signing after this afternoon's matinee...

• Like 6

Jim will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS) on Monday, May 7th.

Colbert tapes at 4 pm and TBITB has an 8 pm show on Mondays.

• Like 5

Wow! He has upcoming promos for shamy's wedding, tbitb, AND the movie... He never stops. I wonder if he follows some kind of food regime. I bet he still goes to the gym...

• Like 1

Question...

We all know that Sheldon is from East Texas.

But where in East Texas? Is it more towards Houston or more towards Tyler?

In earlier episode he did mentioned Vietnamese shrimpers. So, I'm guessing more towards Houston.

Edited by CookieCrusher

1 hour ago, CookieCrusher said:

Question...

We all know that Sheldon is from East Texas.

But where in East Texas? Is it more towards Houston or more towards Tyler?

In earlier episode he did mentioned Vietnamese shrimpers. So, I'm guessing more towards Houston.

It was said he was born in Galveston. In Young Sheldon the family is living in the fictional town of Medford but since I don't watch the show I'm not sure where that's supposed to be. I guess not too far from Houston??

7 hours ago, April said:

It was said he was born in Galveston. In Young Sheldon the family is living in the fictional town of Medford but since I don't watch the show I'm not sure where that's supposed to be. I guess not too far from Houston??

Oh....okay.

Galveston is less than an hour south of Houston.