5 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Sara Gilbert sounds off on tonight's episode, "Darlene v. David," and discusses the limited time-frame they had Johnny and where they may go with the story next season. SPOILER ALERT!

http://tvline.com/2018/04/17/roseanne-revival-2-johnny-galecki-returning-as-david-season-11/

I know CBS will probably not allow this, but wouldn't it be cool if Kaley played Blue?

• Like 4

I watched the episode and found that, to me, JG is more identifiable as Leonard than David. I don't have any problem seeing Sarah Gilbert as Darlene. or Laurie Metcalf as Jackie, but JG has played Leonard for much longer than he did David. He's just Leonard to me.

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MsGreentea said:

Just got done crying as David left so I guess I accept him in either role.

It could be that I knew him first as David, then as Leonard, but I definately saw the difference in the characters and was not thinking "Leonard" at all.  The voices and mannerisms are quite different.  Also just my opinion, but even with his history and his habit of letting Darlene control things, I think David has a bit more self-confidence than Leonard.  I don't think he (David) needs Darlene (or Blue for that matter) as much as Leonard does Penny...... 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

It could be that I knew him first as David, then as Leonard, but I definately saw the difference in the characters and was not thinking "Leonard" at all.  The voices and mannerisms are quite different.  Also just my opinion, but even with his history and his habit of letting Darlene control things, I think David has a bit more self-confidence than Leonard.  I don't think he (David) needs Darlene (or Blue for that matter) as much as Leonard does Penny...... 

That would make sense, given that Leonard is a much more damaged individual. I don't know David's history but Beverly's emotonal abuse is hard to top.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

We know how much and how long Leonard has loved Penny. She was the one from day one. But when they weren't together which was always her choice, he was able to move on and try to make a life with Stephanie and later Pria. This shows me a pragmatic side of Leonard. He was able to move on and love other women while Penny still always had a piece of his heart. I marveled and admired Leonard for not pining indefinitely for Penny and moving on.  I think it showed strength and more self respect than we sometimes give him credit for.:good:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

We know how much and how long Leonard has loved Penny. She was the one from day one. But when they weren't together which was always her choice, he was able to move on and try to make a life with Stephanie and later Pria. This shows me a pragmatic side of Leonard. He was able to move on and love other women while Penny still always had a piece of his heart. I marveled and admired Leonard for not pining indefinitely for Penny and moving on.  I think it showed strength and more self respect than we sometimes give him credit for.:good:

I think Leonard has a great resillience, that goes unnoticed. People call him a whiny wimp but most other people growing up the way he did would be much worse off, far from well functioning, physicists with friends and a healthy romantic relationship.

• Like 3
  • Leonard Cupid 1

20 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Some interesting points SPTF.  I think Leonard tried to move on. With Stephanie he found someone that was intelligent and his near equal intellectually, but he could quite not give her his heart.  That she tried to force a closeness that he didn't want and was not ready for did not help her cause.

Priya. That was something quite different.  Here was someone with whom he had a physical relationship based on occasional proximity and let's face it, a sort of lust.  When that changed, as she was moving to his area temporarily, they tried to make it something more.  She tried to change him into someone and something she preferred; he hoped for a love that was reciprocated.  In the end they both knew that what was between them was not anything that would last and endure.

Penny.  There was always Penny.  It was always Penny.  Across the hall, with his heart in her hands from day one.  "This looks like some serious stuff, Leonard, did you do this?".  "Good for him.  Good for Leonard".  "Boy.  You're really smart" (reply): "Yeah. I'm a fricken' genius".  "... you’re the one I’m with. You know I love you, so will you please relax because you’re driving me crazy".   "Um, okay. Leonard, I mean, you’re not only the love of my life. I mean, you’re my best friend....".

I could go on forever and maybe I'm sort of off the point.  But to me Leonard really needs Penny as Penny needs Leonard.  I don't think they would flourish without each other.  With David and Darlene, I don't quite have that same feeling.....

(boy did I love writing this post and reliving their saga!!!)

• Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Some interesting points SPTF.  I think Leonard tried to move on. With Stephanie he found someone that was intelligent and his near equal intellectually, but he could quite not give her his heart.  That she tried to force a closeness that he didn't want and was not ready for did not help her cause.

Priya. That was something quite different.  Here was someone with whom he had a physical relationship based on occasional proximity and let's face it, a sort of lust.  When that changed, as she was moving to his area temporarily, they tried to make it something more.  She tried to change him into someone and something she preferred; he hoped for a love that was reciprocated.  In the end they both knew that what was between them was not anything that would last and endure.

Penny.  There was always Penny.  It was always Penny.  Across the hall, with his heart in her hands from day one.  "This looks like some serious stuff, Leonard, did you do this?".  "Good for him.  Good for Leonard".  "Boy.  You're really smart" (reply): "Yeah. I'm a fricken' genius".  "... you’re the one I’m with. You know I love you, so will you please relax because you’re driving me crazy".   "Um, okay. Leonard, I mean, you’re not only the love of my life. I mean, you’re my best friend....".

I could go on forever and maybe I'm sort of off the point.  But to me Leonard really needs Penny as Penny needs Leonard.  I don't think they would flourish without each other.  With David and Darlene, I don't quite have that same feeling.....

Yes, neither relationship lasted but my point is, Leonard "gave it a go." He didn't crawl into bed, put the blanket over his head, and pine away his life. He was BRAVE. He had self-respect. He moved on.

Of course, I want David and Darlene back together too. 

• Like 2
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

I think Leonard is the much stronger character in terms of his ability to just live a highly productive life (with or without a girlfriend/wife) and despite his parents.    I love Leonard (but like all TBBT nerds) he is just a bit of a cartoon character which make his weaknesses appear larger when compared to a more realistic character like David.  But he is really way more mature in any way that matters. Just to be clear Leonard has a bit of cartoon character in him.  Some of the other characters are cartoons with a bit of reality.

Edited by MsGreentea
  • Like 3
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

That is a beautiful post @hokie3457!

I do not believe people have a "One and only", but I do think Leonard and Penny are great for each other.

• Like 2

I think with David Johnny's montone and tone is vastly different. I actually did  not see alot of Leonard tbh. Which is odd because hes played Leonard for such a long time. I think its cos JG is such a versatile actor. Hes very methodical, kinda a character actor. I think the difference with David and Darlene and Leonard and Penny. IS D and D was and is more realistic then Leonard and Penny. So I don't get this sense they need each other, so their relationship well always be a gray area. With Leonard and Penny. I feel this longing for each other. They do really need each other. And this is not to diminish David and Darlene in anyway, they are one of my fav sitcom couples ever. Its just interesting the differences.

• Like 1

I hope Johnny is able to do a few Roseanne episodes next year.  The high ratings for Roseanne can’t be making CBS brass happy.  Of course when they agree to “loan” him to ABC they probably don’t do it for free.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MsGreentea said:

I hope Johnny is able to do a few Roseanne episodes next year.  The high ratings for Roseanne can’t be making CBS brass happy.  Of course when they agree to “loan” him to ABC they probably don’t do it for free.  

Nine times out of ten when Johnny's name is mentioned in a "Rosanne" article it refers back to him being on loan from TBBT, show the show gets a shout out.

ABC is airing 9 episodes of Rosanne and CBS is airing 24 episodes of TBBT....depending on the measurement used, CBS could still have bragging rights over ABC. 

From Deadline Hollywood  (video in the link)

‘SciJinks’: Johnny Galecki’s Prank Show Gets Premiere Date On Science Channel – Watch The Promo

Science Channel has set 10 PM Wednesday, May 16, for the premiere of SciJinks, its new science-themed prank show hosted by Johnny Galecki. The eight half-hour episodes will see The Big Bang Theory star orchestrating a team of inventive scientists who use science to feed people’s minds — and to mess with their heads. 

Here’s the logline: Galecki, along with science “prankologists” Tamara Robertson and Jason Latimer, test out science on unsuspecting marks, drawing from chemistry, physics, technology, engineering and more, with never-before-seen pranks that will introduce audiences to remarkable and unusual scientific discoveries. From showcasing classic chemical reactions under the guise of a cooking class to controlling the movement of objects with their brains using electroencephalography, the pranks not only contain mind-blowing science but a heaping dose of chaos too.

scijinks1.jpg

• Like 3

Bad news for Johnny...

From TV Line

Living Biblically Pulled from CBS Lineup, Replaced by Big Bang Reruns

CBS might be closing the book on Living Biblically: The freshman sitcom has been pulled from the primetime schedule indefinitely, a CBS rep confirms for TVLine.

Repeats of The Big Bang Theory will run in Biblically‘s Monday timeslot for the next two weeks. The show could return at a later date, but at this point, no further episodes has been scheduled. (A total of eight episodes have aired so far.)

<full article in the link>

• Sad 1