Johnny Galecki

Tripper

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

With Roseanne tapings right around the corner (Oct. 6th), I wonder when we'll learn of Johnny's involvement or lack thereof. Maybe this week?

Hmm well yeah depends on his scheudling conflicts. They do have breaks with TBBT tapings so it is possible. 

16 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hmm well yeah depends on his scheudling conflicts. They do have breaks with TBBT tapings so it is possible. 

Yeah, I agree that it's possible. I'm just surprised that there hasn't been any updates. I mean, the series is now in production, with tapings set to occur, and there were only eight episodes ordered. However, ABC could always up their order, similar to what NBC did with Will & Grace, and they could always pre-record scenes with Johnny as 'David.' Surely, the season's been planned out, so if Johnny isn't returning, how are they going to handle the character's story-line?

2 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Yeah, I agree that it's possible. I'm just surprised that there hasn't been any updates. I mean, the series is now in production, with tapings set to occur, and there were only eight episodes ordered. However, ABC could always up their order, similar to what NBC did with Will & Grace, and they could always pre-record scenes with Johnny as 'David.' Surely, the season's been planned out, so if Johnny isn't returning, how are they going to handle the character's story-line?

They'd handle it like every other character whose actor couldn't be there. They mention him, maybe have another character be on the phone and say to the other characters that "he couldn't come with us because of work"

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 7:54 PM, djsurrey said:

Thought Johnny's hair looked better in 11.02 than it had been a while back. Not that I usually notice.

Did he maybe look a little younger?

Not sure. Maybe he found a new conditioner lol? 

ETA: I watched his movie Rings recently. I thought it was pretty solid. Johnny did a good job too. Good little Anthology Story to the Rings Franchise. 

Just finished watching season 10, the second time. Could not help but notice how much has Johnny let himself go. Its the 10th season so you expect age to start showing up but most characters seem to have managed it pretty well except Johnny. I would imagine that being one of the lead actor in a very popular series must be very motivating, so what gives? Unless he is going through tough time (health wise or personal), in which case my apologies. 

Below is a picture pointed out by my partner, notice the face and belly.

6NXL9l2.jpg

8 hours ago, BBTFan2 said:

Just finished watching season 10, the second time. Could not help but notice how much has Johnny let himself go. Its the 10th season so you expect age to start showing up but most characters seem to have managed it pretty well except Johnny. I would imagine that being one of the lead actor in a very popular series must be very motivating, so what gives? Unless he is going through tough time (health wise or personal), in which case my apologies. 

Below is a picture pointed out by my partner, notice the face and belly.

6NXL9l2.jpg

I don't see the problem. Guy put on some weight. I don't mind that. He has no obligation to anyone. IF Johnny is happy with his weight. Which to be fair, in Season 11 he has clearly lost some weight. Then I don't see the problem.

12 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

He has no obligation to anyone.

I will have to disagree on this point. Fans have invested lot of time and emotions in this series and its just sad if the lead character couldn't be bothered to watch his diet (and by some distance may I add) or hit the gym even once a week. And I'm not comparing to his 1st season self, that'd be wrong too but I'm comparing this vs him from season 9. No one expects a six pack, that is not his character. But a semblance of effort would be nice, like every single one of his co-stars in the series. Its not good for his health either.

Again adding the disclaimer that if the reasons are beyond his control, then I take everything back.

Edited by BBTFan2

On 10/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, BBTFan2 said:

I will have to disagree on this point. Fans have invested lot of time and emotions in this series and its just sad if the lead character couldn't be bothered to watch his diet (and by some distance may I add) or hit the gym even once a week. And I'm not comparing to his 1st season self, that'd be wrong too but I'm comparing this vs him from season 9. No one expects a six pack, that is not his character. But a semblance of effort would be nice, like every single one of his co-stars in the series. Its not good for his health either.

Again adding the disclaimer that if the reasons are beyond his control, then I take everything back.

Got news for you, if the producers had a problem with it, they would say something about it.  If they aren't saying anything to Johnny, Johnny doesn't have to concern himself with it.  

On 10/26/2017 at 1:15 PM, BBTFan2 said:

This can go too far in the other direction, as well. Jim Parsons has changed so much physically that it's hard to believe he's Sheldon Cooper who eschews all forms of exercise. 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, BBTFan2 said:

I have to say that our opinions on Johnny's physical appearance are just that, opinions. I could counteract yours by saying he's playing a scientist who's not really worried about his appearance and it would also be a valid opinion. In reality, as Tensor said, as long as the producers don't say anything, he's OK.

On 11/6/2017 at 1:44 PM, HeWolf said:

This can go too far in the other direction, as well. Jim Parsons has changed so much physically that it's hard to believe he's Sheldon Cooper who eschews all forms of exercise. 

I agree it looks out of character.  He needs to use smaller weights when working his arms.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:25 PM, mirs1 said:

This might be related to Johnny. Still not clear if he will be part of Roseanne reboot, but the show got an extra episode ordered. Five episodes have been taped so far, four yet to come.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/13/roseanne-revival-9-episodes-order-increased-abc/

It makes you wonder if they're gearing up for a second season renewal of the revival, and simply ordered the extra episode to serve as a cliffhanger.