The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Johnny Galecki

I believe Johnny moved on a while ago.  I see don't Johnny sitting around waiting for him and Kaley to get back together and Johnny seems happy with Kellie. So what is with the Good bye Johnny?

As for Kelli and Kaley looking alike, I guess if you count the blond hair, that both are pretty, both are about his height when not in heels, then some my think they look alike.

Do you really believe Johnny has moved on, even though he is dating Kellie.  Do you think an engagement announcment is forth coming soon for these two.

On the other side do you really believe that Kaley has moved on, or is it  just in  her nature to be in some type of a relationship since Johnny is. 

Edited by Nighthawks

Do you really believe Johnny has moved on, even though he is dating Kellie.  Do you think an engagement announcment is forth coming soon for these two.

On the other side do you really believe that Kaley has moved on, or is it  just in  her nature to be in some type of a relationship since Johnny is. 

So you are saying that Johnny and Kaley don't know their own mind or what is in their heart?

And yes, I do believe Johnny has moved on a long time ago.

Also Kaley seems happy with her SO, so yes she has moved on.

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 1

So you are saying that Johnny and Kaley don't know their own mind or what is in their heart?

And yes, I do believe Johnny has moved on a long time ago.

Also Kaley seems happy with her SO, so yes she has moved on.

NO, not saying that they dont know their  own minds,  but something, I dont know what or why,  says that one or the other or both still have romantic feels for one another, and would want to get back together.  

Something seems strange to me about their current relationships, especially Kaley, for some unknown reason

Edited by Nighthawks

NO, not saying that they dont know their  own minds,  but something, I dont know what or why,  says that one or the other or both still have romantic feels for one another, and would want to get back together.  

Something seems strange to me about their current relationships, especially Kaley, for some unknown reason

Maybe because you want them to be like Leonard and Penny?  I don't know how you can say anything about what seems strange about their current relationships when you don't see them in their everyday, walking-around lives with their SOs.

What one sees in tabloids or entertainment shows has little to do with real life.

• Like 1

After reading that, I'm not impressed with the writer. He said more about himself, then Johnny.

Have to agree, it was a very strange article. 

This interests me

"I think that really actually very intuitive. I think we are going to address exactly why these guys are friends. I'm asked it a lot on the street. I ask it myself sometimes when I read certain scenes, and I think especially as they grow and as they now have their own respective relationships with Penny and Amy (Mayim Bialik), those questions need to be answered and I'm really looking forward to it. I know there's an episode coming up where we really address it."

I'm sure the TPTB know that viewers ask questions over and over:

- Why does Leonard still live with Sheldon?

- Why has Leonard continue to be friends with Sheldon when it's so one sided? 

- How much longer are we the viewers suppose to believe that Leonard wouldn't have moved out a long time ago?

- Why is that the writers are so afraid to allow Leonard to grow and start the next stage of his life?

- Why is it the writers have no problem letting the secondary characters grow up/mature, yet Leonard, Penny, and mostly Sheldon is held back?

- Why give Leonard and Sheldon relationships if they aren't allowed to move forward?  

I understand it is a comedy but there should be real movement with the characters and real growth after seven years.  It's feels like the writers are afraid to move Sheldon forward or they don't know how. So until they decide what to do with Sheldon, Leonard can't move forward and if Leonard can't neither can Penny.

• Like 2

I think that Johnny and Jim play off each other so well, the writers don't want to loose this comedy source by making Leonard move. There is a lot of funny stuff being done when Johnny and Jim are in a scene by themselves. Knowing that, I would like to see Leonard and Penny in each others apartments more casually in the future to show their relationship growing. Such as no more knocking and maybe Leonard and Sheldon coming home from work finding Penny there waiting for Leonard.

‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Experiments With New Roles

Taking on the character of Terry Ork, a real life record executive in “CBGB,” is the reason that Johnny Galecki can continue to play Leonard Hofstadter, an experimental physicist, in “The Big Bang Theory.”

“It’s a creative blood transfusion,” Galecki told the Journal. “As much as I love Leonard, the more I do it the more I have to play diverse characters. It’s good for me, I can’t just keep repeating myself.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/14/big-bang-theory-star-johnny-galecki-experiments-with-new-roles/

• Like 2

‘Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Experiments With New Roles

Taking on the character of Terry Ork, a real life record executive in “CBGB,” is the reason that Johnny Galecki can continue to play Leonard Hofstadter, an experimental physicist, in “The Big Bang Theory.”

“It’s a creative blood transfusion,” Galecki told the Journal. “As much as I love Leonard, the more I do it the more I have to play diverse characters. It’s good for me, I can’t just keep repeating myself.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/10/14/big-bang-theory-star-johnny-galecki-experiments-with-new-roles/

Makes sense, he is young, so he won't be doing TBBT all his life. I just hope we never see the cast leave the show before it is over.

Makes sense, he is young, so he won't be doing TBBT all his life. I just hope we never see the cast leave the show before it is over.

I do wonder if Johnny worry about getting typecast and I do like that the actors get to do outside projects to keep them happy so they stay with the show.

I do wonder if Johnny worry about getting typecast and I do like that the actors get to do outside projects to keep them happy so they stay with the show.

True getting type cast can ruin a career, I keep remembering Adam West and how the Batman show type cast him and ruined his career.

This strengthens my belief that JG is the most likely to leave the show early. His role is relatively minor now in what has become The JIm Parsons show, Yhe JG role is merely a part of Lenny and even that is dominated by KC. I am not all that happy with the direction the show is taking, but I will continue watching in the hope that there might be an epiphany on the part of the writers and the Leonard role can be returned to it's original core status with a gerater focus on Leonard and his part in the Lernny

Really? I think he's got a pretty sound role right there. He's got storylines with pretty much all of the characters and a healthy mix of smart, funny and cute. Plus in episodes where he has his arms out I'm sure the +1 viewings go right up. Johnny's got a goodun with Leonard I reckon, lots to do with that role and more to explore. But you just need to mix things up so you can keep your character fresh, otherwise it's easy to start acting the character in one specific way which wouldn't be fun for anybody. 

I am sure as an actor you want to explore new stories and new characters.  Being an integral part of a hugely successful TV show that's into its 7th season with the likelihood of more seasons after that could become limiting.  Being able to do other acting projects simultaneously helps keep the actor fresh and not bored.  I think Johnny can make the transition to other acting roles and avoid the typecast curse.  He is the stable center of the show and is not an outrageous character (as perhaps Jim Parson's character is).  I think Johnny and Kaley can both easily avoid the typecast issue.  Simon, Jim and Kunal may have a little harder time avoiding being typecast.

I cannot imagine the show continuing or continuing successfully without all of the main characters remaining in the show.  Of course, I said that about Two and A Half Men when Charlie Sheen left and the show continues (whether or not it's as funny is subjective, but it's still on).

This strengthens my belief that JG is the most likely to leave the show early. His role is relatively minor now in what has become The JIm Parsons show, Yhe JG role is merely a part of Lenny and even that is dominated by KC. I am not all that happy with the direction the show is taking, but I will continue watching in the hope that there might be an epiphany on the part of the writers and the Leonard role can be returned to it's original core status with a gerater focus on Leonard and his part in the Lernny

I was more worried about Kaley or Simon. I think Simon has huge potential to do more stuff. Kaley seems to be hugely popular right now, so she seems to have a lot of options. I think as long as Johnny gets to do some other stuff, like the movie part he just did, he is one of those loyal actors that will stay with the show, as long as he is happy.

• Like 1

I was more worried about Kaley or Simon. I think Simon has huge potential to do more stuff. Kaley seems to be hugely popular right now, so she seems to have a lot of options. I think as long as Johnny gets to do some other stuff, like the movie part he just did, he is one of those loyal actors that will stay with the show, as long as he is happy.

I am the opposite when it comes to Johnny.  We all know he wants to get behind the camera and it's not like Leonard is doing all that much on the show.  It's been years since Leonard has been given any real material to work with ---- it's always the same and that is what Johnny was talking about and that he was glad to be able to do other things so he didn't get bored/trapped in just being Leonard.

• Like 1

I am the opposite when it comes to Johnny.  We all know he wants to get behind the camera and it's not like Leonard is doing all that much on the show.  It's been years since Leonard has been given any real material to work with ---- it's always the same and that is what Johnny was talking about and that he was glad to be able to do other things so he didn't get bored/trapped in just being Leonard.

God forbid an actor wants to try new things and broaden his experience in the industry. Playing the same character for seven years isn't easy, especially a character like Leonard, so it's good that he's doing other things so he doesn't get bored with Leonard. Leonard does get some pretty great material to work with, and he is still developing and we've got a lot to explore still. I don't think we've got to worry about anything :) They all love working together. Playing Leonard isn't his entire life and that's good! 

Johnny has already racked up a consistent career as an actor in movies, television and theater.  I would say that it would be a natural progression to go behind the scenes at some point with either producing or directing.  He seems to be more cerebral so that would help him to do this.

I applaud him for not wanting to get bored and therefore stale in his portrayal of Leonard.  It's a compliment to the fans which we all know means a great deal to him...

I have to say that IMO the Sheldon character would not work without Leonard. Leonard is the cue thats set up the bizarre responses from Sheldon and the panacea that calms Sheldons bizarreness down.

Every clown needs a straight man

• Like 2

I have to say that IMO the Sheldon character would not work without Leonard. Leonard is the cue thats set up the bizarre responses from Sheldon and the panacea that calms Sheldons bizarreness down.

Every clown needs a straight man

That is so true.  Each character is different, but they compliment each other, that is what is making the show a hit.  They found the perfect mix of characters to keept the show funny and interesting.  Thinking one character is carrying this show is absurd.  The show is so good because it is one for all and all for one, they all work together.

• Like 2

Johnny gets a all the tall blonde babes for a short Hollywood star. He must have something extra going on with him.

Johnny Galecki and actress girlfriend Kelli Gar

11374f277789606.jpg

Johnny gets a all the tall blonde babes for a short Hollywood star. He must have something extra going on with him.

Actually, Johnny and Kelli are the same height.  She's in heels in this picture.