Jump to content

Johnny Galecki


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, chucky said:

Yeah,  Johnny is a very secretive person when it comes to his relationships. Remember he and Kaley kept their relationship secret for 2 years. 

They didn't exactly hide their relationship, they didn't promote their romance. They were often seen together, and there were many such messages. The two of them were seen in Mexico, in London and in Paris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Man, Johnny looks good ❤️ 

Also, on another BBT forum a member there mentionned there were  several interviews during the few last seasons of TBBT where Johnny was saying that he asked Bob Newhart how to keep passionate about acting for so long. I can't find said interviews but were you guys aware of that? 

I don't know if he was fed up with the Leonard character or maybe he lost his passion for acting. I hope not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

Man, Johnny looks good ❤️ 

Also, on another BBT forum a member there mentionned there were  several interviews during the few last seasons of TBBT where Johnny was saying that he asked Bob Newhart how to keep passionate about acting for so long. I can't find said interviews but were you guys aware of that? 

I don't know if he was fed up with the Leonard character or maybe he lost his passion for acting. I hope not. 

I've never seen or heard of any of those interviews. It's possible that he was just wanting some advice. I hope he hasn't lost his passion for acting.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NeckShotLime said:

You must be right, Chucky. I was probably overly negative. I miss him :(

Nah, I don't think you were overly negative at all. Just your opinions and I agree with you on hoping he hasn't lost that passion and desire to continue acting. He is a great actor and it would be a shame if he gave it up. With that being said, he does enjoy being a dad and spending a lot of time with his son. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NeckShotLime said:

I don't know if he was fed up with the Leonard character or maybe he lost his passion for acting. I hope not. 

I remember that interview. I understood the meaning of his words so that Johnny was tired of playing Leonard.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Julia89 said:

I remember that interview. I understood the meaning of his words so that Johnny was tired of playing Leonard.

Let's hope he's not too tired of portrayal of Leonard. He may have to play him in a reunion show.😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Julia. I'm glad he's not given up on acting. I can imagine that playing the same character for more than 10 years can be tiring. It'd make sense then he would ask Bob N, who I believe played the same character for many years too, some advice. ( I'm not famiiar at all with BOb N's work) . 

Maybe Jim did Johnny a favour by  calling  it quits! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, chucky said:

Nah, I don't think you were overly negative at all. Just your opinions and I agree with you on hoping he hasn't lost that passion and desire to continue acting. He is a great actor and it would be a shame if he gave it up. With that being said, he does enjoy being a dad and spending a lot of time with his son. 

Don't think he lost his passion for acting just maybe wants to use his talent to write and produce. Would be very surprised if he gave up acting all together.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NeckShotLime said:

Thanks Julia. I'm glad he's not given up on acting. I can imagine that playing the same character for more than 10 years can be tiring. It'd make sense then he would ask Bob N, who I believe played the same character for many years too, some advice. ( I'm not famiiar at all with BOb N's work) . 

Maybe Jim did Johnny a favour by  calling  it quits! 

Bob N. didn't play the same character all those years. Yes his character's name was Bob Newhart.  But,  he was a psychologist (sp) in one show and an innkeeper in another show. The innkeeper show had three guys playing brothers. They would always introduce themselves by saying,  "Hi, name is Larry and this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl". Larry would introduce them that way even if everyone there knew them. It was hilarious. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Don't think he lost his passion for acting just maybe wants to use his talent to write and produce. Would be very surprised if he gave up acting all together.

Thank you for your comment. You have added to my optimism in anticipation of news about Johnny's work. I remember that Johnny said in an interview that he wanted to take a break, so I didn't expect news from him in 2020. He was busy with his son, and the year was difficult for everyone. Starting in 2021, I began to worry about the lack of news, and when at the end of 2021 there were releases about two of his new projects, there was no limit to my happiness. But enough time has passed and silence again.

  • Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Julia89 said:

Thank you for your comment. You have added to my optimism in anticipation of news about Johnny's work. I remember that Johnny said in an interview that he wanted to take a break, so I didn't expect news from him in 2020. He was busy with his son, and the year was difficult for everyone. Starting in 2021, I began to worry about the lack of news, and when at the end of 2021 there were releases about two of his new projects, there was no limit to my happiness. But enough time has passed and silence again.

Agreed. But, it seems like we have to be patient. I'm sure we'll hear something soon, maybe. 

2 hours ago, Mario D. said:

Don't think he lost his passion for acting just maybe wants to use his talent to write and produce. Would be very surprised if he gave up acting all together.

Totally agree!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, chucky said:

Bob N. didn't play the same character all those years. Yes his character's name was Bob Newhart.  But,  he was a psychologist (sp) in one show and an innkeeper in another show. The innkeeper show had three guys playing brothers. They would always introduce themselves by saying,  "Hi, name is Larry and this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl". Larry would introduce them that way even if everyone there knew them. It was hilarious. 

The could have been the same, as both characters were very similar.  In both series, his characters were the calm in the midst of chaos.  Judd Hirsch was the same in Taxi, as was Ted Danson in Cheers.   Leonard played the same role in TBBT.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The could have been the same, as both characters were very similar.  In both series, his characters were the calm in the midst of chaos.  Judd Hirsch was the same in Taxi, as was Ted Danson in Cheers.   Leonard played the same role in TBBT.   

I see your point and have to agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Tensor said:

The could have been the same, as both characters were very similar.  In both series, his characters were the calm in the midst of chaos.  Judd Hirsch was the same in Taxi, as was Ted Danson in Cheers.   Leonard played the same role in TBBT.   

True, but, I guess I was only thinking of the different professions. You're right in that his character portrayal was similar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Mario D. said:

Looks that way  Hopefully he is looking for a new place possibly more child friendly. If he stays in Tennessee then maybe his career is going in another direction.

I was upset by this news. I've been waiting all 3 years for him to come back to LA and start working. Of course, I understand that in order to act, you don't have to live in LA, but it's still unclear how things will turn out for him now.

  • Penny Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Julia89 said:

I was upset by this news. I've been waiting all 3 years for him to come back to LA and start working. Of course, I understand that in order to act, you don't have to live in LA, but it's still unclear how things will turn out for him now.

I don’t think we should assume that this means Johnny is limiting his time in or leaving Hollywood, there are several working actors/Producers that work in Hollywood and don’t call the area home.  I think the only thing we can assume is that the home he is selling is not needed by him anymore and he doesn’t want to mess with it anymore, so he is selling.  Actually, based on the article, the home was now just an expensive rental property to him and not his home.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

I don’t think we should assume that this means Johnny is limiting his time in or leaving Hollywood, there are several working actors/Producers that work in Hollywood and don’t call the area home.  I think the only thing we can assume is that the home he is selling is not needed by him anymore and he doesn’t want to mess with it anymore, so he is selling.  Actually, based on the article, the home was now just an expensive rental property to him and not his home.

I have to agree. We don't know what his plans for the future are right now. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.