Simon Helberg

Tripper

• 1 month later...

I am glad he's being recognized, and have considered him one of the best actors in TBBT. What amazes me, and I think he can do that better than anybody else in the cast (by a very slim margin) is both comedry and drama (serious moments) equally as well. If to that you add his impersonating talents...

Simon has another project according to:  http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27950/casting-hoffman-helberg-moss-sossamon

"The Big Bang Theory" star Simon Helberg will make his feature directorial debut alongside his writer-director wife Jocelyn Towne on "We’ll Never Have Paris". Helberg also co-wrote the script and will star.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He was stunning. He really deserves an Emmy Award. He gives us quality acting and after 6.23, he has all chances to win.

I certainly agree here on it Redrose, And I'm also hoping that come next year Simon Helberg will get either an Emmy (or at least a nomination to fill the void that was left by Saturday Night Live's Bill Hader) in that Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series category, unless someone else fills the spot left by Hader and last night's episode is further evidence that Simon should get an Emmy or at least a nomination.

Edited by JoeSal90
  • Like 1

THanks for sharing Simon's video--I meant to watch it last night, but I think I fell asleep just minutes before he came on!

Very cute story--so if they've been married for 6 years, did he get married after the show started or just before?  I'm curious about the timing.

I love the bit about him weeping at all the Paris monuments, etc.--and the bit about the guys on the show talking about his hairy back.  Maybe he and Kunal have done more than feel each other's man-boobs! :p

• Like 1

Judging by his wonderful ability to do really convincing impressions,I get the feeling Simon may have been some sort of stand up comic before his soon to be tv historical Howard Wolowitz role.Can anyone confirm this or at least tell me what Helberg was up to in his pre BBT days?

THanks for sharing Simon's video--I meant to watch it last night, but I think I fell asleep just minutes before he came on!

Very cute story--so if they've been married for 6 years, did he get married after the show started or just before?  I'm curious about the timing.

I love the bit about him weeping at all the Paris monuments, etc.--and the bit about the guys on the show talking about his hairy back.  Maybe he and Kunal have done more than feel each other's man-boobs! :p

He married in July 2007 so after the show started.

Judging by his wonderful ability to do really convincing impressions,I get the feeling Simon may have been some sort of stand up comic before his soon to be tv historical Howard Wolowitz role.Can anyone confirm this or at least tell me what Helberg was up to in his pre BBT days?

He actually has been cast in many roles pretty much since 1999 and has been in a lot of series shows (MadTV, Joey, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Derek and Simon:  The Show to name a few) and also was in several films.  He normally has been either a character performer or sketch comedienne so he clearly has done some stand-up as well.   But he has been pretty steadily employed at least since 2002 forward so probably did stand-up between projects.

He married in July 2007 so after the show started.

He actually has been cast in many roles pretty much since 1999 and has been in a lot of series shows (MadTV, Joey, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Derek and Simon:  The Show to name a few) and also was in several films.  He normally has been either a character performer or sketch comedienne so he clearly has done some stand-up as well.   But he has been pretty steadily employed at least since 2002 forward so probably did stand-up between projects.

If he was married in July of 2007, that would have been before the show started.  The show debuted in the fall of 2007, so they would have started filming that summer, like in August.  He might have shot the pilot eariler, but the show would have started filming regularly in August.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love Howard! He's my favorite character after Sheldon. I can't decide if I love his and Kunal's interactions on the show more or his and Melissa's. But classic snarky comments that he's zinged Sheldon with are my fav. 

"You give speeches all the time...what you can't do is shut up." 

He truly deserves an Emmy nomination (well, definitely for season 6, but sadly those Emmys have come and gone). I wonder if he ever submits his name?

He also had a small, mostly non-speaking part in Old School, a classic Will Ferrell/Vince Vaughn/Luke Wilson flick from 2004 (and my #3 fav movie of all time :girlsmile: ). That's the first thing I thought of when I first saw him on TBBT

Edited by tx-fictionqueen

• 2 weeks later...