The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Kunal Nayyar

Nice that they get to do voice work. My kids had Ms cuoco in the house years ago with brandy & whiskers (?)

Not sure if you heard about this one already, but here is some news about Kunal Nayyar, he will be voicing a character named Vijay in an upcoming new cartoon from children's network Nickelodeon called "Sanjay & Craig" which is about a boy and his best friend a snake.

And here is a description about this cartoon that Kunal is doing

╔♫╗────────╔═╦╗─♫╗╔╗─╔╗─♥──
║╩╠═╦═╦═╦╦╗║╚╠╬╦╣╚╣╚╦╝╠═╦╦╗
║╦║╬║╬║╬║║║║╔║║╔╣╔╣║║╬║╬║║║
╚╩╩╩╣╔╣╔╬╗║♫═╩╩╝╚═╩╩╩═╩╩╬╗║
────♫╝╚╝╚═╝─────────────╚═♥
  • Like 1

I wish Raj's character gets developed a bit more as the show progresses......I think the writers have gone a bit overboard with the "gay" jokes and for an intelligent, nice looking and rich guy (albeit with a bad taste in sweaters) he has had unusually terrible run of luck when it comes to dating.......hope things look better for him in season 7...

Kunal is headed to London and Greece and then will return in time for Season 7 taping according to a tweet today.   Lucky him...sounds like fun places to visit.

"Raj is a sweetie and I feel so sorry for him that he's so lonely, that everybody has someone but not him.

I wonder what's the deal with  him and Lucy. He deserves to be happy."

I hope for Raj and wish one day he has a good woman and a prosperous life with children.

Glad to see Raj finally got to talk to the girls without alcohol in the final episode of series 6.  Hope to see more of Raj & Lucy in series 7. After all, everyone else has a girlfriend, includinf of course the SHAMEY.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I was catching up on my Ellen eps on DVR and Kunal was guest DJ on the show of last week's Thursday"!!, he was called DJ Million-Nayyar LOL

• Like 1

tumblr_mugw22k6UR1rffyeho1_500.jpg

'Big Bang Theory's' Kunal Nayyar Signs to Write Humorous Memoir (Exclusive)

11:39 AM PDT 10/10/2013 by Andy Lewis

The autobiographical essays will offer a funny take on his journey from New Delhi to American sitcom stardom, including his James Bond-loving father, being held up in Philadelphia for 76 cents and marrying Miss India.

Big Bang Theory's Kunal Nayyar has inked a deal with Atria Books for a humorous memoir about growing up Indian. 

Nayyar is best-known as astrophysicist Rajesh Koothrappali on the hit CBS sitcom, which began its seventh season on Sept. 26 to record premiere ratings.

The still untitled collection of essays will recount his childhood in India, being an exchange student at the University of Portland and his early years as an actor. 

Born in London and raised in New Delhi, the 32-year-old Nayyar came to the U.S. in 1999 to attend college, where he discovered his love of acting.

Before landing the role on The Big Bang Theory, he performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company and the American Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington. He landed the role of Raj with only a small guest appearance on NCIS under his belt. 

Unlike his fictional counterpart Raj, who gets tongue-tied around women, Nayyar married the 2006 Miss India winner Neha Kapur in December 2011.

"I’ve cleaned toilets in Portland, been held up for 76 cents in Philadelphia, and my first acting job on TV was playing a terrorist. Also my father thinks he’s James Bond and I once played a Star Wars board game for 36 straight hours. Then I married Miss India. So, why not write a book? It’s the logical next step,” joked Nayyar in a statement about the project.

Publication is expected in 2015. 

Rob Weisbach of Rob Weisbach Creative Management negotiated the deal on behalf of Nayyar, who is also represented by Innovative Artists and Lovett Management.

Peter Borland acquired it for Atria.

Source:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theorys-kunal-nayyar-647207

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

wow that sounds great! really looking forward to it :)

From www.philadelphiaeagles.com a blog from Kunal about his love for the Eagles

Celebrity Corner: Kunal Nayar

"Celebrity Corner appears during the 2013 season, featuring Eagles fans who have gained fame in their careers of sports, entertainment and popular culture. This week:

Kunal Nayyar, who plays Raj Koothrappali on The Big Bang Theory. Follow Kunal on Twitter @kunalnayyar."

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Celebrity-Corner-Kunal-Nayyar/d93baa0e-ccfa-4080-abea-5f84f88dd247

I knew Kunal and Jim were in Fantasy Football together, but didn't know Kunal had a "home team" he was passionate for. I'd like to be invited over to watch if Houston ever takes on Philly!

Edited by vonmar