Tripper

From Empire Online

Batman And Harley Quinn Exclusive —Big Bang Theory's Melissa Rauch Voicing Harley

Currently two of the most popular characters in DC's arsenal, this summer will see the debut of the animated film Batman And Harley Quinn. Executive produced by Bruce Timm, who goes back to his classic style heralded in Batman: The Animated Series, this is an original story featuring the reluctant team-up of Batman, Nightwing and Harley Quinn to try and stop a global catastrophe caused by Poison Ivy and Jason Woodrue, AKA the Plant-Master.

Returning to voice Batman is Kevin Conroy, who first played the role on Batman: The Animated Series and most recently voiced him for the animated film Batman: The Killing Joke. Loren Lester is Nightwing, and, like Conroy, first voiced the character (as Robin) in B:TAS. Taking on the part of Harley Quinn is Melissa Rauch, best known as Dr. Bernadette Rostenkowsi-Wolowitz on The Big Bang Theory. <more in the link>

Melissa-Rauch.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From Entertainment Weekly  (video in the link)

Batman and Harley Quinn trailer: The Dark Knight gets an unlikely ally

The Dark Knight isn’t big on clowning around, but he doesn’t have much choice in Batman and Harley Quinn, the latest installment of the direct-to-video animated franchise known as DC Universe Original Movies.

EW has an exclusive look at the movie’s trailer, which finds Batman and Nightwing trying to foil a plot by Poison Ivy to bring about a verdant apocalypse. To do so, they have to enlist the help of Ivy’s old pal — and their old nemesis — Harley Quinn, whose mercurial style definitely rubs Batman the wrong way.

<snip>

The voice cast includes Kevin Conroy as Batman and Loren Lester as Nightwing (reprising their roles from Batman: The Animated Series and several other projects), and also features a new Harley in Melissa Rauch, of The Big Bang Theory.

Batman and Harley Quinn is slated for release this summer.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Broadway World

Zosia Mamet and Melissa Rauch to Bring THE SECRET LUNCHES OF CHELSEA & IVANKA Reading to Joe's Pub

A staged reading of "THE SECRET LUNCHES OF CHELSEA & IVANKA" is headed to Joe's Pub as a benefit for Planned Parenthood on Monday, July 24, at Joe's Pub, starring Melissa Rauch ("The Big Bang Theory") and Zosia Mamet ("Girls").

The work is a "modern day presidential satire" that explores the events leading up to the 2016 election through the unlikely friendship and clashing perspectives of two American First Daughters, written by Melissa and Winston Rauch and directed by Carolyn Cantor ("Sell Buy Date").

<snip>

The reading is set for Monday, July 24, 2017 at 7:00pm at Joe's Pub, 425 Lafayette St, New York, NY. Tickets can be purchased at www.joespub.com. The artists will donate 100% of all proceeds to the 501(c)3 Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Inc.

(more in the link)

• Like 2

I'm really happy for Melissa also.   But, now I wonder if Bernadette's pregnancy on the show, was a result of Melissa being pregnant, and the writers were going to write it in.   Then, after her miscarriage, the writers just continued.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, luminous said:

If Melissa is now pregnant, she is going to get big while they are taping the show, it is interesting if they will try to hide it, because she is so small or work it into the show, another Wolowitz baby.

Kaley maybe next???

• Like 2

What a touching article. Glad to hear everything seems to be going fine so far after her miscarriage.

Congratulations and all the best wishes to Melissa and her husband!! <3

28 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I'm really happy for Melissa also.   But, now I wonder if Bernadette's pregnancy on the show, was a result of Melissa being pregnant, and the writers were going to write it in.   Then, after her miscarriage, the writers just continued.  

That was the first thing I thought as well and boy would that suck even more for her. Poor Melissa!

Also, Mayim sends her best wishes:

... as well as Jim:

Already posted in his thread, putting it here just for completeness sake. I love how sweet and supportive the cast is! <3

• Like 7

Happy for her (them)! However it must have been hard  for her to play Bernadette's pregnancy, then birth, then new motherhood. 

I wonder how they will work with it...If she is due this fall that means that if they write it in then Bernadette got pregnant again 0-3 months after giving birth to Halley! That would be kind of weird...Unless they do a time jump, greater than 4 months. Maybe they will find creative ways to hide it, though it will be hard the way they film...They wouldn't be able to have her in the 4A living room for example...She will also probably miss some episodes. They can minimize that by having more free weeks after her birth and/or having her participate a little in pretaped scenes, still she will probably miss some and at the very least will be much less present in the first half of the season. 

Edited by bfm
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, bfm said:

Happy for her! However it must have been hard  for her to play Bernadette's pregnancy, then birth, then new motherhood. 

I wonder how they will work with it...If she is due this fall that means that if they write it in then Bernadette got pregnant again 0-3 months after giving birth to Halley! That would be kind of weird...Unless they do a time jump, greater than 4 months. Maybe they will find creative ways to hide it, though it will be hard the way they film...They wouldn't be able to have her in the 4A living room for example...She will also probably miss some episodes. They can minimize that by having more free weeks after her birth and/or having her participate a little in pretaped scenes, still she will probably miss some and at the very least will be much less present in the first half of the season. 

A sudden pregnancy so soon after Howardette had Halley would be weird in terms of writing but these things actually happen often enough in real life to be believable. lol

But yeah, I also wonder if they'll go with the "awkwardly hiding Bernie behind big objects" route. I mean, they could have some fun with that since Melissa is so tiny. Let's be real it would be pretty obvious so they might just go all in and get some humour out of it by exaggerating what other shows usually do to hide their actresses' pregnancies.

And of course Bernie has the smallest screen time so I guess they could also work around the time when Melissa gives birth with pre-taped scenes and maybe one or two episodes where she isn't in, like you suggest.

• Like 4

I am happy for Melissa and her husband! I enjoyed the article because she approached a subject that alot of people dont know how to talk about. Back in the day (yes Im old) miscarriage was taboo to talk about, so much that a friend once asked me what to say to her own daughter as I had been through it twice. Im glad she wrote about it and I cant wait to see how the show handles it!

• Like 7

Congratulations to Melissa and her husband and all the best wishes.

I thought she was a real star during the last season with the pregnancy storyline and to now hear about what happened in her real life and what she went through it might be even more impressive a performance with a storyline that could have been a potentially difficult subject I would imagine.

I think and suspect they will just hide it behind objects, it's not that hard to do. Brooklyn Nine Nine managed it with two stars on the show (the second time for a while until they decided to write it into the storyline).

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

I agree with @April, a sudden pregnancy would at least sound realistic as there are many couples who had second child very close in time from the firstborn.  However I can see a few ways to handle  with Melissa's  bump without be seen as there is usually in first part of the season a few interruptions between tapings. What I mean is they could settle a howardette storyplot as she was in a Microbiology symposium or something alike  and it would last a few episodes ( as the other characters 's storyplots would change but overall the show timeline would develop a bit slower than usual). It could be about Bernie communicating via skype with Howard as there would be a bit of developing of Daddy Howard as he was in charge of Haley for his own for the first time. It could be funny as howardette interaction is always great and a bit of daddy Howard in charge would sound realistic too.

Just guessing but surely writers wil find  a nice way to Melissa to do her Bernie in most confortable and funny way as she had been doing so great until now. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4