Tripper

Actor
Mayim Bialik

6,690 posts in this topic

Posted

5 hours ago, April said:

I loved that whole photo shoot -happy to see more of it! <3

Just to clarify :) : Chaim Nachman Bialik (R.I.P) is "the national poet" of Israel. It is a given that school kids learn his poems. Some massive artistic talent runs in this family...

Jonny, spidergirl, April and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

Her shirt looks just like the israeli army uniform! So weird! LOL Some asked her if it is an IDF uniform shirt on the comments. (We have 2-3 years mandatory service so everybody can recognize the uniforms with a quick glance)

Edited by bfm

Posted

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

The dress is so cool! And the sense Mayim has about friendship is really meaningful. No wonder people she is friends  with love to hang out with her :)

amethyst and mirs1 like this

Posted

11 minutes ago, bfm said:

Her shirt looks just like the israeli army uniform! So weird! LOL Some asked her if it is an IDF uniform shirt on the comments. (We have 2-3 years mandatory service so everybody can recognize the uniforms with a quick glance)

Looks like an IDF shirt to me. She has donated money before to the IDF:

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik-why-i-donated-money-to-send-bulletproof-vests-to-the-idf/

Beautiful photoshoot in the previous pictures in Israel btw.

Posted

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Looks like an IDF shirt to me. She has donated money before to the IDF:

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik-why-i-donated-money-to-send-bulletproof-vests-to-the-idf/

Beautiful photoshoot in the previous pictures in Israel btw.

Maybe, it's just weird because it's not something you just wear here LOL. You return your uniform once you finish your service and most people (me included!) won't want to wear it ever again haha. You wouldn't want to wear school uniform after you finished wouldn't you? But the meaning of it is different in the US and for Mayim.

The photoshoot it beautiful indeed! I actually recognized one of the places (in the first picture). It is close to the beach. I once ate with my family at a restaurant in the building behind her.

Posted

2 minutes ago, bfm said:

Maybe, it's just weird because it's not something you just wear here LOL. You return your uniform once you finish your service and most people (me included!) won't want to wear it ever again haha. You wouldn't want to wear school uniform after you finished wouldn't you? But the meaning of it is different in the US and for Mayim.

She has worn that jacket on many occasions, as far as I remember,  there are many pics with her wearing it. 

Posted

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

She has worn that jacket on many occasions, as far as I remember,  there are many pics with her wearing it. 

If you ever see one tell me, so I can say if it is indeed the IDF uniform shirt.

Seeing her in that shirt makes her appear younger to me haha because it is mostly 18-20 year olds who wear it (e.g., me up until about 4 years ago :)). Those who stay when they're over 26 usually have different uniforms. Funny how cultural habits shape our perceptions.

mirs1 likes this

Posted

The video is fun - but I'll be one of the like 76 people judging what the heck she just did in her kitchen. lol

mirs1 and Jonny like this

Posted

Mayim will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (CBS) on Thursday May 11th.

April, mirs1, bfm and 2 others like this

Posted (edited)

Mayim will also be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9 A.M. on Tuesday, May 9th, and on the AOL Build Show at 3:30 P.M. Additionally, she will be a guest on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:15 A.M.

Edited by Kev0821
notchinc, April, mirs1 and 1 other like this

Posted

15 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

This caption is awesome!!

mirs1 likes this