Big sigh!!!

Mayim Bialik is constantly trying to get in the press. She's a TV star, this topic has nothing to do with her. Sure she's entitled to her opinion but why is it always her? Why does she feel the need to stick her nose in? The ‘hurt’ she is talking about over people being shocked and disappointed is nothing to what this man did to all those actresses. All she’s doing is distracting the press on to herself. She just wants movie roles and this is her way of getting attention. I find it very manipulative.

Edited by Spaced_up

Well she has an independant thought. I diddn't see it as victim blaming. It just seems in America no one can have an independant right now. As it suggests hate. Absurd really. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

Big sigh!!!

Mayim Bialik is constantly trying to get in the press. She's a TV star, this topic has nothing to do with her. Sure she's entitled to her opinion but why is it always her? Why does she feel the need to stick her nose in? The ‘hurt’ she is talking about over people being shocked and disappointed is nothing to what this man did to all those actresses. All she’s doing is distracting the press on to herself. She just wants movie roles and this is her way of getting attention. I find it very manipulative.

How has this nothing to do with her when she's literally in the same industry as Weinstein and, first and foremost, she's a woman? Like it or not, sexual assaults and abuse of power can be found in pretty much every industry and field and both need to be discussed constantly by everyone, not only by people who are/were directly affected. Mayim is just a very outspoken person and this is what outspoken people do - they share their opinions.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Spaced_up said:

Big sigh!!!

I don't blame anybody for wanting to attract work to themselves, and if in showbiz not become a subject of a 'Whatever Happened To....' show. While Mayim is working she'll be wanting to bring in as much by way of earnings now in case she doesn't get the chance later. Drawing attention is a useful way. In the acting business they need versatility and variety of role  offers continuing for a lifetime. They don't always get it. The more they get themselves noticed the more chances they have.

Thanks for the links to the article. I can't see anything wrong with it. Mayim's been careful to refer to accusations and allegations and to write in general rather than as if someone's been tried and found guilty.  If she was asked to write about her experiences then she did so frankly. I had seen some of the comments on the article and wondered whatever Mayim could have said. It occurred to me that it was probably nothing to justify the comments. I was right. Most of them had nothing at all to do with what was in the article and some were answering to the reverse of what she'd mentioned.

I began my working life before the term 'sexual harassment' had been coined and when nobody,whether on the ground or in authority, thought it was anything to complain about. it wasn't illegal and wasn't grounds for resigning from a job.  I'd been raised in an era when the powers that be were encouraging us all to think that girls should be aiming to be career women. The reality of arriving in the workplace compared with what my education had led me to expect was literally shocking. I hated it. Nobody warned girls about that side of things until they got there. Girls warned one another whom to avoid and whose office was safe to enter alone etc. At the same time, there were bimbo types who didn't mind. I'm sure there still are. Some men only went for that type, some were pervs who'd chase anything that moved regardless, others were decent family men who wouldn't dream of trying anything.

9 minutes ago, luminous said:

That's silly. You shouldn't respond to what people say you've said if you didn't say it, especially if what you've really said has been twisted.