Mayim Bialik

Tripper

OITNB is a comedy like the Sopranos or Mad Men is funny. It's a drama where something funny occasionally lessens the tension.

For example, in OITNB, humor lightened the tension of watching the nominee for best supporting actress in a comedy starve the nominee for best actress in a comedy to death for dissing her cooking. For episodes. Seriously.

I am still hoping for AJ and KM to split the snobs and for Mayim to snake her way in under the wire. But I don't want KM to win, even though she did brilliantly in her role, because her role was not comedic.

I love Kate Milgrew and she's fantastic in that roll but she and the show do not belong in the category of The Golden Girls.  My hope is the old guard of the academy will make their final stand and vote for Mayim who does belong in the category.

I love OITNB but they and other shows also took advantage of the Guest title in ways that was beyond ridiculous.

• Like 4

https://gma.yahoo.com/big-bang-theory-star-mayim-bialik-describes-her-094543139--abc-news-celebrities.html

Mayim Bialik plays a casually-dressed neurobiologist on "The Big Bang Theory."

However, tonight when she attends the Emmys, expect to see a different side of the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series nominee.

"I famously dress modestly and so yeah, I don't wear strapless or sleeveless [gowns]. I wear everything below the knee and yes, I will likely be one of the only people wearing long sleeves at the Emmys," she told ABC News. "I like long, traditional gowns. I like a lot of coverage. I feel more comfortable when things aren't hanging out."

Bialik, 38, who split from her husband in 2012, said that she'll be attending with a date, though she'd only describe the person as "a friend." She was, however, willing to spill a few details about her gown, saying that Oliver Tolentino will design it especially for her and that it's "a different style, a style I've never worn before that I've always wanted to wear!" It's especially exciting to wear the dress, as red carpet events make Bialik nervous.

"I'm slightly larger than a Hollywood actress. ... because I'm not a size zero," she said. "I'm a pretty insecure person and like a lot of women, it's hard to be around women who look like models!"

A self-described feminist, speaking openly and honestly comes naturally to Bialik, who, when she's not acting, acts as a spokeswoman for Texas Instruments to encourage girls to seek out careers in math and science. Before being cast in her CBS sitcom, the former child star and college professor earned a Ph.D. in neuroscience.

"Women have been historically underrepresented [in the sciences] and we need women's voices and maybe even more sometimes," she said. "[Also], this is a way I can stay active in the stem field since I'm not currently teaching anymore."

• Like 9

Hmm, I'm really interested to see what she'll be wearing. A big, poofy skirt? She kind of had that with the SAG awards dress, which I did not like at all. That dress was awful, but hopefully it was more the color and design of it than the skirt. Here's to hoping for good things though, both in the dress and for her award category.

eta: Oops, I meant the SAG awards dress, not the Golden Globes dress. I LOVED the Golden Globes dress and would be very happy to have her wear that same dress in a different color to the Emmys, lol.

Edited by Trinabeana78

I have to say...her article today on Kveller made me love her more!!  As a full-time working mother with a husband who works nights and two boys as well...I TOTALLY could relate to her situation (we've all been there and reflecting back realized it wasn't them...sometimes its us)

With that said, I love that it sounds ballgown style to me!!   And I cannot imagine another SAG moment.....I'm thinking its not as heavy on top as that SAG thing was.

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 4

I have to say...her article today on Kveller made me love her more!!  As a full-time working mother with a husband who works nights and two boys as well...I TOTALLY could relate to her situation (we've all been there and reflecting back realized it wasn't them...sometimes its us)

With that said, I love that it sounds ballgown style to me!!   And I cannot imagine another SAG moment.....I'm thinking its not as heavy on top as that SAG thing was.

I agree!  She's not afraid to admit her misgivings about being a mother.   I have pointed my friend, who is a new mama, to Mayim's blogs because she writes about the reality of being a mom, and my friend becomes so disheartened when she sees constant posts by mothers who seem to have it all together, ALL of the time.   Mayim is a good role model.      I cannot WAIT to see her dress!  

• Like 6

I agree!  She's not afraid to admit her misgivings about being a mother.   I have pointed my friend, who is a new mama, to Mayim's blogs because she writes about the reality of being a mom, and my friend becomes so disheartened when she sees constant posts by mothers who seem to have it all together, ALL of the time.   Mayim is a good role model.      I cannot WAIT to see her dress!  

This is true, the today's post of Kveller it's too funny! The children are so nice when they must give suggestions on  their mother's look  :)

• Like 2

When she mentioned the skirt I though of something more like Kaley's last emmy dress, that lovely red one that poofed out at the bottom. I'm not too worried about a repeat of the oddly shaped skirt from the SAG awards. I'm sure she'll look absolutely stunning :)

ETA: Also...hello koops!! :) I think my lurking phase is over for the time being :D

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 4

From Variety:  http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/big-bang-theory-mayim-bialik-candid-camera-1201288669/

'Big Bang Theory' Star Gets Candid, Talks Selfies with Texas Instruments

"The actress has also upped her own selfie-game along with her “Big Bang” costars, Jim Parsons, Kevin Sussman and Kunal Nayyar on Instagram, mostly thanks to Kaley Cuoco. Bialik shared that Cuoco “had her finger on the pulse of things I didn’t even know existed, so she was the person I learned so much about social media from.”

She added, “It’s been really fun having an Instagram relationship in addition to our other relationship… It’s something neat that we get to do in addition to spending all of our time together at work.”

mayim-bialik.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

• Like 3

I think it is too cute that Kaley had to teach her to use social media. :girlhaha:

About her dress, I hope she's exaggerating the skirt and it will be something like Kaley's last year. I hope it is not a SAG nightmare all over again. As far as the color, I have a feeling it is black, navy blue, or a.deep purple color.

Edited by denajeanx
  • Like 1

Yay! Robert's doing her hair. Only like 3 hours till prime carpet time.

I know...and have to brag...I was the first comment on the pic!!  Yippy for being on IG at work at the perfect time!!!

Planning to stream some red carpet coverage on the train.....pray for good connection!!!

• Like 4

Her eye makeup is making me feel good about my color predictions.

I think Ali still styled her this year. Ali posted color swatches a few weeks ago for Mayim's dress, of course that was before the fiasco.

Edited by denajeanx

Her eye makeup is making me feel good about my color predictions.

I think Ali still styled her this year. Ali posted color swatches a few weeks ago for Mayim's dress, of course that was before the fiasco.

Right....and she just followed her CC stylist at the same time she followed Robert. Me thinking they're in the same room. And she styled her for the party on Saturday

I'm hoping for Paleyfest turquoise

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 1

Right....and she just followed her CC stylist at the same time she followed Robert. Me thinking they're in the same room. And she styled her for the party on Saturday

I'm hoping for Paleyfest turquoise

Could be that she is dressing her tonight. I just looked at Alison's IG and it doesn't look like she's in LA. Maybe both stylists collaborated.

• Like 1

The new stylist is dressing her tonight. She just told me. Interesting.

oh really.....where on IG?  Thats interesting...especially with all the buzz of its being a different look...

and the gold cocktail dress she wore the other day was cut at the natural waist...so I wonder if the bottom of the gown will be too.  I looked through the new designers portfolio on IG....interesting..