Mayim Bialik

Tripper

I loved the style and color of the gown, but the fabric was poor choice. It was far too heavy.  It was more like upholstery fabric than dress fabric.  It needed to be more of a light weight very thin lace, chiffon or tulle type of fabric for that much volume.   It would have laid better and fit her better overall.  But the color was to die for and the style was beautiful and elegant.   It makes me upset that the fabric placed her on the bad list.  

As far as Allison winning, she is a great actress, no doubt.  However, Mom isn't that good of a show and her role is very predictable and not very challenging.   I think her role is not near as interesting as the role of Amy (although the writers need to bring back a lot more of Amy's quirks and bring her some story).   While Mom claims that Anna is the lead actress, she really isn't.  Honestly she is weak on the show.   Allison overpowers her completely, but that also isn't a great sign.  The thing with The Big Bang Theory is no one character overpowers another.  They come across truly as a working ensemble.   That takes talent to do that because, for example, Mayim is a scene stealer, but she never overpowers other character.  She just stands out some because of her great choices.   Allison is beyond stand out though...she literally steamrolls over others in the show and the whole show would not exist if it wasn't for her.   That is not good.   So for that alone, I was disappointed that the Academy did not see how skillful it is to stand-out but yet others with you still shine.  That is true skill.

I was so happy that OITNB didn't win AT ALL. I do love that show and it does have funny moments but overall it is sooooo not a comedy. 

Our show has 3 more years (maybe more I guess, don't know yet obv.) to kick ass and take names. Mayim will be nominated again, she's amazing. We can just keep showing her our support and hopefully she will feel the love. :)

I did like her dress and can kind of see where the critics are coming from...maybe? But I love her and I thought she looked beautiful. The color was amazing and I liked the sleeves and pattern in the fabric. I am not fashionable in anyway whatsoever, though, so I'm not going to harp on it much haha.

• Like 1

I agree, she likely will never make best dressed. Especially from E!, they seem to always bash her when it comes to fashion. It's aggravating.

I was so happy that OITNB won absolutely nothing, even though I like the show. Take a hint!

That she still kept the hot and holy with the low cut in front AND BACK is testament to how much Oliver Tolentino gets her.  It was a very classic and sexy cut.

Yes, I wish the fabric was different but I'm so happy that Mayim took the leap.  That was a fashion leap for her at many levels and she looked wonderful.  Screw any list that says otherwise.

Last night as I'm watching Sofia Vegara on stage, I knew she was going to get in trouble for the "sexist" display.  What a joke!  What hypocrisy, the whole red carpet routine and constant clothes/body critiques are exactly the same thing.  If anything her skit was a parody or jab at what the pundits and the public are doing anyway.  

• Like 3

I also think with Mayim's hair down where she looks more youthful it would have helped.  Her hair up made her look a bit too matronly.   That may be why they didn't like her dress as well.  It was very bulky on her and the fabric was to thick for the size woman she is.   But the style and design was beautiful and classic.  I think her hair down would have helped as well as a different fabric (but stick to the color...yummy)!

• Like 1

I thought Mayim looked divine and glamorous in an old school way. As for the lists, after looking through some, there's so little consensus. About all people agree on is that the tall woman in black and Halle Berry were best, Lena Dunham worst. After that it's all over the place, Julia Roberts is scoring both best and worst, as is Michelle Dockery and Hayden Panittierre, among others. It's purely subjective, often influenced by the personal opinion or reputation of the actress.

I thought Mayim looked perfect - dress, color, lace, bag (OMC the bag), hair, make up, etc. and clearly she felt beautiful and had a lovely night except for her loss, and you can't argue with that. Also, her date is seriously cute. What's the scoop on him?

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 5

She did look disappointed not winning for the first time ever. And her tweet "I Lost" broke my heart. I think this was the first year she maybe deep down inside thought she may win...3rd time you know. (and being more dolled up then previous years probably upped her feelings you know)

But hey, look at John Hamm...never won, and has been nominated far more times.

I tried to be strong the whole day and now your post broke my heart.

Cry into sleep :-(

I don't know, I'm sure she was disappointed, but she didn't seem any more upset than usual to me. She was just nodding and clapping when Allison Janney won. I don't think she ever believes she's going to win anyway. The saddest/most teary she seemed to me was when The Normal Heart cast went on stage to accept the award for Best TV Movie and the audience gave Larry Kramer a standing ovation. That's when they camera zoomed in on her face and there were tears in her eyes.

I don't know, I'm sure she was disappointed, but she didn't seem any more upset than usual to me. She was just nodding and clapping when Allison Janney won. I don't think she ever believes she's going to win anyway. The saddest/most teary she seemed to me was when The Normal Heart cast went on stage to accept the award for Best TV Movie and the audience gave Larry Kramer a standing ovation. That's when they camera zoomed in on her face and there were tears in her eyes.

yes, she did look emotional when they panned to her during that moment.  Very sweet, she was probably so proud of Jim and the work of the cast on the Normal Heart.

• Like 2

There were a number of dresses this year that would have met the modesty rules which was interesting. Maybe Hollywood's changing for her. I loved the color, I loved neck and back lines. It almost felt antebellum and like it had swallowed her. But ballgowns have a tendency to do that.

But she's never done a gown like this before! Good for her! I would like to see her in what Kelly Osborne was wearing, also in what Christine Brarnaski was wearing.

Her son was right though. It might have looked cool in red. I wonder what he envisioned in when he suggested Gold. Do you think he meant Lame? because if he meant gold lame, then that would be very weird and Mayim needs to send him to fashion design school because the Little Man has a vision.

• Like 6