Mayim Bialik

Tripper

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article is similar to any other interview in terms of the questions, but i like the way is written, is very serious, and well gives her the importance she needs... she says she puts some things of her to play Amy, that she's kinda nerdy too, etc. They talk a little bit about being Blossom, nothing new there... says she went back to acting for her children, because a career as a scientist takes a lot of time of her life, and finally, she says she went to Guatemala, for it's history, and architecture, and volcanoes! ^^

The article is similar to any other interview in terms of the questions, but i like the way is written, is very serious, and well gives her the importance she needs... she says she puts some things of her to play Amy, that she's kinda nerdy too, etc. They talk a little bit about being Blossom, nothing new there... says she went back to acting for her children, because a career as a scientist takes a lot of time of her life, and finally, she says she went to Guatemala, for it's history, and architecture, and volcanoes! ^^

thanks!

I put it into Google translate and got the gist of it, lol. Good article, it sounds like she just went to Guatemala for a vacation. Seems kind of far to go for a week long hiatus. Maybe she'll blog about it. 

Let's hope that if/when she does, she doesn't write something that offends the fans that remained after her current and previous blog posts. Her latest one trashes Disney's Frozen, and dives into much of the same territory that got her into trouble with the last post. I really don't care whether or not she likes Frozen, but her agent must be pulling his/her hair out after every post she makes, as it seems that she's bound and determine to piss off everyone she can. Which she obviously doesn't care about, judging by her latest comments, but she's not doing her public image any favors by coming across as the female equivalent of the cranky old man sitting on his porch and yelling at those damn kids to get off his lawn.

argh....now she is hating on "Frozen".....guess she didn't really get it from her last kveller article as she continues on her rampage...

either she is bored in Guatemala or needs something STAT to get her happy!!

Seriously....I love her but now this.  This ok is not so bad (the new anti-Frozen blog) BUT come on girl!!  I mean me & my boys didn't love Frozen either so I thought for a split second I could relate....until she devulged why....

signed a very frustrated fan!!!!

Edited by kerrycec03

Geez, I love you Mayim, but girl, overanalyzing a freaking Disney movie? And talking about feminism? Seriously...?

I didn't care that much about her last post, but this time I'm really kind of "Wtf?".

yea, she is like on a mission with these two less than a week apart....and then in her rant about "Frozen" continues to make digs about the comments she received in regards to her Ariana blog. 

She is not coming across fun loving at all.  Cranky is an understatement.  Its very disheartening as a fan...somebody who has always respected her views & ideals (whether I agree with them or not).

Like I get it...you are free to express your thoughts....but with all these specifics....and basically saying "yea, I know I'll loose more fans, oh well" attitude.....not a fan of it

Snap out of it girl!!!  I was hoping she would lay low for a while....silly me...

Oy vey, Mayim.

Where is the Mayim that was talking about penis cards two weeks ago? :cry:

I don't understand. Is she going through something?  i get the hate for ariana but this one is just way off. you hate it, alright. i hate it too. but go as far as too actually blog about it and criticize even the most senseless details? i was dying to hear from you for 6 days and this is what I get.  i do not know this mayim i am seeing now. GIVE US OUR MAYIM BACK!   :resent:  :cry:

I don't understand. Is she going through something?  i get the hate for ariana but this one is just way off. you hate it, alright. i hate it too. but go as far as too actually blog about it and criticize even the most senseless details? i was dying to hear from you for 6 days and this is what I get.  i do not know this mayim i am seeing now. GIVE US OUR MAYIM BACK!   :resent:  :cry:

yea seriously!!  Very off colored lately.  WTF!!!  Like she sounds miserable!!!   I am not liking it!!

sidenote...if she keeps this up she could secure a spot on the View later in life.  Thats the land of bitter old bitties.....

Edited by kerrycec03

Ugh, ugh, ugh. Why is she so angry lately? She is on a hit TV show, and while she doesn't make the "big three" money, she is doing very well. I mean, she gets to kiss Jim Parsons as part of her freaking job. Lighten up. 

And don't go dissing Frozen! My family loved it. And "Let It Go" is practically an anthem of female empowerment.

i found someone nice enough to translate the spanish article for us and let me post it here for everyone to see. God bless her. :wub:

Translation Credits to: shaamylicious.tumblr.com

http://www.publinews.gt/index.php/mayim-bialik-ha-sido-un-viaje-muy-emocional/

Mayim Bialik: “It has been an emotional journey.” 

The 38 Year old actress star Of The Big Bang Theory , nominated for an Emmy was visiting Ancient Guatemala; and shared in an interview  with Publinews at Porta Hotel, why she decided to visit,  about her personal life  and professional career and how this trip changed her life. 

September 16th 2014.  Publinews. 

Strolling The Streets of La Antigua always brings surprises with it  like running into Mayim Bialik Emmy nominated  actress of The Big Bang Theory for her role of Amy Farrah Fowler .

“Amy has a little bit of me , or I should say we share more than a few things in common . It’s not hard to play the part because some of the traits I have as a person I lend to the character, and the combination of them both is what makes her fun and serious at the same time. “

She then proceeds to share a bit of her role in the series. 

“I am a little bit of a nerd, and at the same time geek. it’s important to know  about both classifications to be able to be able to play Amy “. She adds. 

Bialik in her personal and professional life a Doctor in Neuroscience, and Author of two books. she is of the very few actresses that has grown with a generation in our TV screens. We met her during her teenage years when she stared in the role of Blossom Russo . 

“It was a series that marked my career, and it was also a role that not only did open the doors to the world but made me reflect of  what I truly wanted in life” Shares the actress. 

The Role of Celebrity is something very few want to get rid off once they achieve fame. But Bialik wanted to set it aside and focus on her personal life. 

“Maintaining a public figure, is very difficult and that is why I wanted to major . I wanted to have a normal life. I didn’t know wether I would be be going back to acting , a lot had changed in my life” she adds. “ It got to the point where I had to decide what I wanted, so I sought a professional career . I got a  doctorate  in Neuroscience and I engaged in research and education for a while.” Adds. 

But everything has its sacrifice, her P.hD would bring her more disadvantages than benefits in her personal life. 

“I went back to acting mainly for my sons, research and education take a lot of time of your hands and I wanted to spend that time with them, that were at the time in that developing stage. that is why I decide to leave it  and go back to television. “ Explains. “it’s amazing to be a part of a Tv show. But it’s even better to be given the opportunity to go back to another successful programe after having children and to have gotten a doctorate is a great opportunity I feel at bliss .” shares the actress . 

Bialik decided to visit Guatemala for all the things it has to discover . “I am not the kind of person that goes crazy for the beach , I like historic , architectural places .I knew a little of Guatemala but to have found this place surrounded by volcanoes , was the perfect spot for a holiday.” says. 

In own words: 

“ The ones that see me on their screens probably feel old because a lot of them experienced my Blossom years in the stages of child and adolescent . and now they are doing it through the Big Bang Theory” 

-Mayim Bialik, Actor, Author and Doctor in Neuroscience. 

Edited by cityylights

I don't know why she seems so "unhappy" against the entire world ...

Maybe she's making some spring cleaning all around her social networks (and the best way to have people leaving, is to write about things that can't let people insensitive) ...

I don't know.

I'm not thinking much for her last posts, I don't have any opinions about what she said (I don't watch TV, I'm not reading people magazines either, we're less exposed to things here in France than you guys are in US and for the movie, some friends of mine loved it and some others friends just hate it. I won't say a word about this one since I haven't seen it (probably because I'm not a big fan of Disney movies - in fact because I prefer music than movies ...) and beside the fact I'd like her to realize she's not making her point clear when she wrote things like that (especially for the first with apologize just after ...), she's just getting the attention of plenty of bad press and websites and that's too bad because she's smart, she deserves good audience for her very good (most of time) writing skills.

Maybe her Emmy's day (to lose ... again) plus her second hand surgery don't help ... But I won't dig more in this because that's her private life and I'm not the kind of person that talks about someone I don't know.

I don't have any children ) but I understand her not wanting her children to watch some of the stuff on television. (Although, how Frozen makes that list baffles me. It has a great message and  If I were a snow-woman, Olaf would be my husband but whatever)  What I don't get is why she can't see how she's coming across to others.  I personally think, she may be going through some things in her personal life that have her in a bad mood. Even after she claimed the AG article as "humor," she still referenced it again in the new article with the same critical tone. I think someone needs a break from Social Media.

Edited by Sheldonswife

TBH I don't really see what's so bad about either of those entries she wrote. It's just her opinion. Who cares?

The people who see her coming across as a bitter, old crank care very much. Being some anonymous blogger saying these things is one thing; doing this while being a Very Well Known Person who relies on the goodwill of her fans is quite another. She's not in any danger of losing her current job over this (unless she goes all Charlie Sheen or something), but her future prospects could be damaged if her popularity takes a major hit because she's coming across as Andy Rooney without the charm.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

TBH I don't really see what's so bad about either of those entries she wrote. It's just her opinion. Who cares?

I don't think anyone is objecting to her stating her opinion, nor is anyone 'mad' for her having a different opinion. But, the way both articles were written came off a bit snarky and elitist.

I love her as much as anyone else but her irritable mood was shining through both of those pieces. Even worse the first piece was picked up by almost every major media source and it makes her really look bad. I think we can all agree that is not something we would want to see.

Edited by denajeanx

The people who see her coming across as a bitter, old crank care very much. Being some anonymous blogger saying these things is one thing; doing this while being a Very Well Known Person who relies on the goodwill of her fans is quite another. She's not in any danger of losing her current job over this (unless she goes all Charlie Sheen or something), but her future prospects could be damaged if her popularity takes a major hit because she's coming across as Andy Rooney without the charm.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

I don't really see how her "future prospects" could be damaged by some pop culture opinions she wrote on her blog. I think you're blowing this a little out of proportion. Also, the woman already has a doctorate and a bunch of acting noms. None of that came from the goodwill of her fans. She'll be fine.