The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Mayim Bialik

14. Her and Bernadette are all of us when making a cake.

That scene isn't Amy and Bernadette making a cake. It's them eating popcorn, after Penny failed to serve them their meal.

• Like 3

Hello, new to this board and the show,I just started watching reruns last year and have finally gotten caught up. Mayim posted on her Kveller website that she has started season 9. One thing I couldn't understand was this-"The Big Bang Theory LEGO set came out last week (and you can win it here!), so my kids are begging me to buy it for them ,and their dad and I are holding out as long as we can just to show them not everything comes easy just because their mom is a TV star with a LEGO figurine in her likeness." Why in the world would she not give her kids a Lego set? Especially since she has one already that she is giving away for free? Even if she had to buy one for her kids,they aren't hundreds of dollars. It's just a Lego set. I don't understand her reasoning,even though she said why she isn't giving them the Lego set.

Hello, new to this

snip...

It's just a Lego set. I don't understand her reasoning,even though she said why she isn't giving them the Lego set.

Her and her ex-husband have decided that, in their view, it teaches them that they don't get everything they want, when they want it (similar to what my wife and I did with our two daughters).  She did imply that they will get them the set at some point.  

she is beautiful and talented...why she never wins the emmy???

While I feel she deserves the award, she is not the only talented and beautiful actress working on television shows.  There are various requirements and votes by members of the Television Academy to get the Emmy.  Those voting may believe one of the other talented and beautiful actresses deserve it more.  

• Like 1

Hello, new to this board and the show,I just started watching reruns last year and have finally gotten caught up. Mayim posted on her Kveller website that she has started season 9. One thing I couldn't understand was this-"The Big Bang Theory LEGO set came out last week (and you can win it here!), so my kids are begging me to buy it for them ,and their dad and I are holding out as long as we can just to show them not everything comes easy just because their mom is a TV star with a LEGO figurine in her likeness." Why in the world would she not give her kids a Lego set? Especially since she has one already that she is giving away for free? Even if she had to buy one for her kids,they aren't hundreds of dollars. It's just a Lego set. I don't understand her reasoning,even though she said why she isn't giving them the Lego set.

Maybe they need to earn it.   Nothing wrong with that.   Just because a child is begging you for something doesn't mean you always have to give in.

So they don't become spoiled and feel entitled.   She is trying to teach them values and virtues.  Patience, working toward something and being rewarded for that work...all of those are good values to teach your children.  What is bad is to constantly cave every time they ask for something.  She may well be able to afford things, but she knows also there are times in people's lives where they can't afford luxuries and all the things they want to have.   She is teaching them values to know that you may not always be able to make ends meet and you need to be satisfied with what you do have already and feel blessed with that alone.   I admire her for wanting to teach her boys that money doesn't grow on trees and not everyone has the privilege of working in the film/tv industry and being paid handsome salaries to where they can afford anything they want whenever they want.

• Like 1

Didn't expect that we will have more internet access to Mayim with her announcement.  Interesting, expanding her blogging.

• Like 5

For all her concerns about ageing, physically at least, Mayim certainly does not resemble someone approaching 40. She looks early thirties at most. In fact the whole cast except Kaley look younger than their age.

• Like 2

Ageing doesn't mean the same when you are player, model, and a woman. Sure Mayim looks great, but we know it's never enough for Hollywood.

Ageing doesn't mean the same when you are player, model, and a woman. Sure Mayim looks great, but we know it's never enough for Hollywood.

Oh I'm well aware of that. A lot of actresses have spoken of it but alas it does not change anything. The pressure is still strong, all for the sake of selling and making money.

• Like 2

Oh so the GrokNation site was what the ''grok'' comment was about. Lol. That's the announcement! Cool! What's this site about? Lol.

Edited by cassidyeden

I wonder if Mayim is still going to write for Kveller? 

Yes, she stated that she would continue to write for Kveller, but that it is a site specific to being Jewish and parenting.

Oh so the GrokNation site was what the ''grok'' comment was about. Lol. That's the announcement! Cool! What's this site about? Lol.

Her site is another blog site.  It allows her to organize her blogs according to main topic areas and focus her thoughts beyond being a Jewish parent (which is what the Kveller site was about).   Bottom line, it is just a site different from Kveller that offers everything she was offering before but easier for the fans because they are organized by categories and she can be less "filtered" it sounds like.  Not sure what I think about the less filtered.   Sometimes filtering is a good thing. :girlwink: 

KunalonTVicon.png

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Well this is exciting news :) I love when she posts the behind the scenes stuff, it's always so fascinating. I hope we get more of that now!

• Like 1

How do I join Groknation, so I can post a comment?

I think you can you so through Facebook. It has the same comment section as Kveller

How do I join Groknation, so I can post a comment?

go to Groknation.com and you can subscribe via email, but to post you must login to your facebook account and then you can post.  You can only post replies, not content.

KunalonTVicon.png

Edited by stardustmelody